Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 615984 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #1650 on: October 02, 2011, 01:30:48 AM »
Tingle Tuner 2.0

You know I was thinking about that! But just make it some sort of fairy character that can interact with the invironment on a bigger scale and actual fight without wasting money.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 02, 2011, 01:56:19 AM »
blow into the tablet mic and hold it up like a bison horn. BRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 02, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »
If this game is as good as Miyamoto makes it sound, does anyone think they would drop wiimote sword control in the future for the tablet?
I can only hope not, but at this point I have no idea. My problem with the Wii U is that it appears to drop everything the Wii had established in favour of DS-like features, eliminating the uniqueness of both their home and handheld system. Maybe that was their intention, I don't know. Fortunately, the Wii U will use Wii controllers, so hopefully they will be used for more than just multiplayer games.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 03, 2011, 07:53:56 PM »
Nintendo again hears my cries: the owl, well...the owl's name plays a role in the story. Check NOA's twitter feed if you want to see the details, plus a pic. I'm warming up to it, slightly.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 03, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »
Nintendo again hears my cries: the owl, well...the owl's name plays a role in the story. Check NOA's twitter feed if you want to see the details, plus a pic. I'm warming up to it, slightly.
^^ I heard about that on one of IGN's recent podcasts.  I thought the reference was very cool. :)

It took a while, but I am very excited for this game now.  I love the style, and I can't wait to find out more about the story structure. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 06, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »
To all those who act sinister on this subject, the game does ask you if you are left handed. Link can be what ever hand you want him to be.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 06, 2011, 03:44:21 PM »
To all those who act sinister on this subject, the game does ask you if you are left handed. Link can be what ever hand you want him to be.
Can I tell it will be my left hand but use my right so Link will be left handed?  Watching the Videos I feel odd with his hand going the other way.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 06, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »
I don't really care which hand Link uses, but I thought it was ridiculous that reversing TP made all the bad guys lefties instead.  As long as that doesn't happen again, I'll be happy.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 06, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »
That's the only other thing I wanted to hear, now I can wait in silence until the release.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 06, 2011, 09:25:51 PM »
That's the only other thing I wanted to hear, now I can wait in silence until the release.

My latest bits of news were all for you. Now that you are satisfied I will retire from all things SS until the games release. I'm being totally serious.

RomanceDawn

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 06, 2011, 09:35:46 PM »
Now that Caterkiller is gone, I'd like to share an embarrassing story he told me once.

Caterkiller never finished Zelda 1, which brought much shame to his family. ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------ ------------------- ----------------------- ------------------

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 06, 2011, 09:48:56 PM »
It was Zelda II you fiendish apple hole!

RomanceDawn

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 07, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
 :evil;

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 07, 2011, 06:30:34 PM »
So Nintendo has revealed the intro to the game that tells the backstory.  It also confirms that this game will have the most villains of any Zelda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc-DoYLeuLo&feature=player_embedded

Old information had already revealed that the current villain, Demon Lord Ghirahim, was trying to revive his master.  The intro shows that there are 5 other Demon Lords as well as their master in the middle, which means the game has a total of 7 villains.  All previous Zelda's have had somewhere between 2-3 villains per game so this should be interesting to see.

Plus from the sound of the storyline, it looks like the main villain is basically the Hyrule equivalent of the Devil.  I mean, it says he came from deep within the ground with an army of demons and has 6 Demon Lords as his loyal followers and had to be defeated by the actual Goddess of Hyrule herself.  Damn, this game really is looking to be the most epic Zelda of all time.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 07, 2011, 11:54:55 PM »
More great news from 1up
http://www.1up.com/previews/overworld-dungeon-skyward-sword

It takes longer to reach ---- than to clear the dungeon itself, and for the first time the path to a dungeon is obstructed by the intricacy of the landscape rather than sheer distance to be covered or arbitrary plot-key tasks gathered in a nearby town.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: October 08, 2011, 12:47:47 AM »
After playing Skyward Sword today, I'm going into hibernation mode concerning all info on this game. My main issue was going to be controls, but after 2 minutes I found it controlled perfectly and have no more issues that can't wait until it has been released and is in my hawt little hands.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 14, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »
So yeah, for those who don't mind spoilers, Nintendo has released two new video's covering an area that hasn't been covered by any previews before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFR_aNbO6Pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFuDyJ-7N54

Damn that dungeon looks amazing.  Can't wait to see what area and dungeon they show next week.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:00:32 PM by Luigi Dude »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 14, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »
Why didn't he use fishing rod on the boss.  It looked like the hook point for it earlier.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 14, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »
I think that was the point of the video, Ceric.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 14, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »
Haave any of you guys heard of the Gamestop conspiracy involving Skyward Sword? If not, it pertains to Gamestop not having a midnight launch for Skyward Sword despite it having many reseves. At the same time, other titles such as Arkham City are getting midnight releases despite having lower resrves than Skyward Sword. What gives?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fYZiWVR5Eg
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1670 on: October 14, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »
I pre-ordered on Amazon, so I really don't care. Also, who really needs a single player game at midnight anyway? Multi-player games at least give you the excuse of getting it with friends and making a night out of it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 14, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »
I wouldn't mind getting Zelda at midnight.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 14, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
I wouldn't mind getting Zelda at midnight.

Which version?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 14, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
Brunette.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 14, 2011, 10:27:07 PM »
hahahaha too easy

Kytim lobbed that pitched.
black fairy tales are better at sports