Author Topic: Nintendo = Purple?  (Read 9323 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo = Purple?
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 06:52:57 AM »
I love purple!

Also, Nintendo has been "third" in my nearest Wal-Mart for years.  It really doesn't matter...if third means third from left to right (as when you're reading a book), then it can be first depending on which way you enter the aisle.  I think the amount of shelf space the company manages to grab up is more important, and sadly the Xbox section is creeping into the GameCube shelves at my Wal-Mart.  I stopped shopping there anyway, being the HARDCORE PATRIOT that I am, I try to shop at Canadian stores.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 07:33:10 AM »
Purple Link FTW

Sadly I don't have any dealings with customers like that [since I don't work in retail] but here at an archive we get annoying people.  Especially people calling from the great NBC: NEW YORK because they didn't do their crap and now have to hire me to do it for them.  Bah, I just get fed up with some of the stuff that comes my way, but I won't argue with them until they truely piss me off.

Also, alot of the times they are accompanied with a young reporter...so that's always a +
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 07:36:08 AM »
Personally I think the move makes more sense then anyone is giving it credit for.

The color should be red because that is the official logo's color but the placement is sound.  I'm fairly sure that Walmart sells more GBA and DS accessories then any other videogaming system.  When thinking about it from this perspective of course you want that to be what you place right by the accesories.  Plus it will make it easier for them to have room to grow for the massive amount of games we'll be getting in the next year or so.  Something else to consider is that there is a market that has interest in only the handheld arena.  Moving the biggest handheld maker to the end means they don't have to wade through though expensive console games to find there handheld fix and look theres a better pouch or screen protector.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo = White!
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 05:42:05 PM »
Bumping an old post, just because I can.

We got new signing in for Nintendo now... Everythings White.  Whoo!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo = White!
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »

Originally posted by: capamerica
Purple is not a good color,

look at the color of the hair in his avatar!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 08:38:26 PM »
People are talking about stupid customers, what about stupid employees? Wal-Mart employees are one of the least knowledgeable employees around in the electronics department.  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2007, 12:09:45 AM »
Hey now, not all of us are stupid.  Some of us just act that way so annoying customers will leave us alone.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2007, 07:05:07 AM »
All the Walmarts around here seem to have old women manning the electronic area.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShineGet887

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2007, 08:54:44 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks the logical color scheme would've been PS3 - Black, 360 - Green, Wii - White? Those are the colors people are likely to identify each system with, so why -wouldn't- they do that?

Oh well, I don't shop at Wal-Mart anyway.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 11:06:43 AM »
funny, i was at a walmart yesterday. it was only my second time there and i dont know how i didnt notice this the first time around.

its an escalator (blocked off) that leads to.. a wall.

(crappy camera phone = crappy quality)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 11:09:57 AM »
LOL that's awesome.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »
Where the heck is that Wal*Mart?!?!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2007, 12:00:25 PM »
It just looks like a wall. Something tells me there is a temporal gateway to the nether world at the top of that escalator....

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2007, 12:28:43 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
Where the heck is that Wal*Mart?!?!

Wal-Mart Store #3441  
White Plains, NY 10601

its fairly new, maybe almost a year old by now actually... i dont remember what there was in its place before the walmart moved in but i guess the escalator is some sort of leftover. you walk in and theres a dunkin donuts to your right, three or four elevators to your left that im assuming lead to the garage levels above the walmart, a small nail salon next to the dunkin donuts beneath the escelator, then the entrance to walmart itself.

its two levels, the main level and the lower level. now im no architect but shouldnt they of tried to incorparate the already-there escelator to somehow reach those garage levels on the upper floors, rather than force everyone into the elevators? its just wasted space

EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007, 01:45:34 PM »
Is the escalator for sale?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 05:17:27 AM »
maybe for the low low price of $99.88, thast a BARGAIN compared to the insanely high price that the target DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET(!!!) wants for their escalator: $99.99

its inhuman!