Author Topic: 30% MORE Battery for PSP?  (Read 2141 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
30% MORE Battery for PSP?
« on: February 15, 2005, 12:28:43 PM »
Sony has manufactured a new battery that the call 'Nexelion(TM)' that has 30% more battery life that current rechargeable batteried

Battery Description - press release

And now this may be the battery technology that makes it into PSP as standard or possibly as a upgrade

TotalVideogames.com

Now this could put the PSP on a closer playing level with the DS as far as all the antagonism it has been getting for battery issues when playing a UMD.

Offline Gamefreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: 30% MORE Battery for PSP?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 07:36:56 PM »
Well unless they ship it with standard PSP's it doesn't matter.
And 30% more than current still doesn't put it near DS.
Playing Ridge Racers with the wifi switch on, sound on, and high brightness will get you like 2 hours. DS doesn't even have a wifi switch (it constantly sends out a wifi signal), whereas just turning the wifi switch on on a PSP will almost halve the battery life.
Anyway better battery just means more money. It's not like Sony doesnt' have the ability to increase battery life, they could put it a battery that lasts twice as much as DS, but it would be extremely expensive. The DS uses the same battery as SP but higher voltage, but it's more expensive.

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
RE:30% MORE Battery for PSP?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 09:37:03 PM »
Sony could sell it as an add-on for the PSP later, but we all know how popular add-on's are for game systems.
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
RE: 30% MORE Battery for PSP?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 12:16:00 AM »
I heard that the reason that PSP games are looking less powerful than PS2 titles is because Sony put a "lock" on the PSP's CPU, because using the CPU at it's maximum burns through the batteries.

After about a year or two, when the bigger batteries are out, Sony's going to give developers permission to use more and more of the CPU.

People will just wonder why their PSP's batteries keep getting weaker and weaker. They'll think the battery broke, and they'll be forced to get a new one.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi