Author Topic: hAS THIS FORUM gone down the shitter?  (Read 9141 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: hAS THIS FORUM gone down the ****ter?
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:13 AM »
Paint?

I think if this forum has gone down the ****ter, it's due partly to over-moderation.  Almost every time I see someone post something hilarious, they get warned about trolling a few posts later, even though it's usually pretty mild stuff.  It really sucks all the fun out of posting or reading.

This is pretty much why the NWR chat cratered and never recovered. Most people don't even know NWR has an irc channel!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: hAS THIS FORUM gone down the shitter?
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »
Well how it used to work is that we could have both in one!  Now everyone is either super-serious angsty or off-the-wall goofy with no substance... =(

I personally go off-the-wall goofy (and try to have some substance) as an escape from all the super-serious angst.. especially the nintendo trolling that goes on here. I explained all this to GP last night actually.

It's sad the forum is going down hill the way it is but hopefully things will turn around. I think the main issue is this whole "nintendo abandoned us" mentality that alot of people have cuz they havent shown any games they want to play. Once those types of games hit, of when people start playing what nintendo is already offering us, i think we'll be able to actually discuss these games normally.

I have hope for this holiday season, we should all get a ton of new games and be able to talk about them without angst or goofyness.

by the way this is the funhouse so i'm obligated to say BALLZ
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »
I got sick of all the wangst over Smash Bros.  Also, I make a personal effort not to be argumentative, which in practice means I edit any long posts I write down to lame one-liners, then cancel them entirely for not adding anything to the discussion.

Edit: You must construct additional BALLS.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:18:34 PM by UltimatePartyBear »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »
I got sick of all the wangst over Smash Bros.

Like that?

I agree, smash bros ruined this board for a time, luckily it died over. Now we have a new problem...
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 12:19:01 PM »

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 12:46:17 PM »
You want THAT, RIGHT?

GET ON THE TABLE AND BEND OVER
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: hAS THIS FORUM gone down the ****ter?
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »
Paint?

I think if this forum has gone down the ****ter, it's due partly to over-moderation.  Almost every time I see someone post something hilarious, they get warned about trolling a few posts later, even though it's usually pretty mild stuff.  It really sucks all the fun out of posting or reading.

That's funny, since there has been practically zero moderation of the forums for the past six months at least.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »
Bring back King Admin.

I think things are getting interesting on a tangent.  Like the tea table is being upended and we're on a Kororinpa platform.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 01:35:32 PM »
You want THAT, RIGHT?

make sure your ass is clean...

NO MORE HEROES is a fun game and the sound track is terrific. Has anyone got their hands on the remixed soundtrack?

changed to add discussion

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 01:43:08 PM »
I liked NMH for the cursing.  Not because I'm immature and think potty words are ful of lolz, but because it's refreshing to here them on a Nintendo console.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 01:44:31 PM »
Paint?

This is pretty much why the NWR chat cratered and never recovered. Most people don't even know NWR has an irc channel!

NWR has an IRC channel?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 01:59:47 PM »
I liked NMH for the cursing.  Not because I'm immature and think potty words are ful of lolz, but because it's refreshing to here them on a Nintendo console.

I had those cheap thrills from Conkers Bad Fur Day on n64. Still though, the uniqueness of the cursing was pretty good. I just like hearing Travis shout out "F*CK HEAD!" when he splits someone down the middle :)

Oh and i had another thought as to why this forum is doing down the shitter:

The Funhouse.

Yes, i know.. i love the funhouse as much as the rest of you. The problem is we stopped learning how to act OUTSIDE of the funhouse. General chat became the Funhouse' slutty cousin; everyone had their turn doing and saying disgusting things in there. It slowly started to slip its way into other threads in other areas of the forum too..

and y es, i'm partly responsible.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 02:07:41 PM »
once again.........completely my fault.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »
Don't blame yourself.

I'll do it for you.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 02:22:27 PM »
Hey, your my devil's advocate.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 02:30:05 PM »
aka Lil Wiggles ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »
You want THAT, RIGHT?

make sure your ass is clean...

NO MORE HEROES is a fun game and the sound track is terrific. Has anyone got their hands on the remixed soundtrack?

changed to add discussion

I haven't seen the soundtrack. No More Heroes has been one of my favorite games this gen. I just like everything in it. 

What are your favorite games everybody?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:35:27 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »
From the T-mobile G1 thread:

Already exists. Nokia 1100.

That's actually almost what I want, but it still has features that I would never use. In terms of features all I need is call display, and the ability to keep other's phone numbers for quick calling.

You don't know what your missing. Sure they seem like stupid features at first, but once you have them in your pocket at all times, you'll end up playing with them..........alot............ like your weiner.

HIS FILTH HAS NO END!

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 05:38:37 PM »
Paint?

That's funny, since there has been practically zero moderation of the forums for the past six months at least.

Sorry, by moderation I meant vague threats of moderation.