Author Topic: The 2018 Nintendo Black Friday Survival Guide  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
The 2018 Nintendo Black Friday Survival Guide
« on: November 21, 2018, 01:00:00 AM »

Memo to GameStop: Opening at 3pm on Thursday is generally considered a dick move.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/48959/the-2018-nintendo-black-friday-survival-guide

It's that time of year again: The time when our friends in the US kick back, watch football, get in awkward conversations with family and then gird their loins for the annual sacrifice to capitalism known as Black Friday.

The strong sales of the Switch means that there's a lot of possibilities for bargains this weekend - and even some games you wouldn't think would get slashed yet are on the docket. (Who's up for Shining Force bargains, huh?) Here we've laid out all the best Black Friday deals from the retailers still standing, as well as some love for our Canadian userbase.

Special thanks to Cheap***Gamer and VideoGameDealsCanada for a majority of the information. Standard ground rules apply: Target Redcard works, Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked (RIP) doesn't, and Amazon will probably price match everything while rolling out their deals over the weekend. Noted Twitter bot Wario64 is our recommended source for late-breaking deals in the US, but if you see anything give it a shoutout in the Talkback.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: The 2018 Nintendo Black Friday Survival Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 11:35:46 AM »
Thanks for this!

I certainly don't need them, but I might pick up Fire Emblem Warriors and Bayonetta 2 for Switch.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »
From the eShop: The Digital Deluxe version of Starlink is down to $60. It includes all the digital versions of the ships and it's $132 if you buy everything separately.

EDIT: In addition, Warframe also has the same voice chat implementation Fortnite has. Just plug in a headset to the Switch and you're good to go.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 09:46:01 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 03:59:46 PM »
For anyone who owns a system capable of playing them the PS1 classics versions of the Final Fantasy games are $5 a pop.

My backlog and wallet both hate me right now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »