Author Topic: GoldenEye Soundtrack by Paul Oakenfold  (Read 6447 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
GoldenEye Soundtrack by Paul Oakenfold
« on: August 12, 2004, 06:43:15 AM »
Looks like someone at EA is a Paul Oakenfold fan.  First he's writing the title track for FIFA Soccer 2005, now he's doing the entire score for GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.

EA SIGNS SUPERSTAR DJ PAUL OAKENFOLD TO SCORE GOLDENEYE: ROGUE AGENT

A-List Hollywood Talent on Board for Latest Edition in James Bond Video Game Series

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., August 12, 2004 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that world-renowned DJ Paul Oakenfold is contributing to the stellar lineup of Hollywood artists lending their talent to the highly anticipated game, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent™. As music supervisor, Oakenfold will compose an original score and create the game’s overarching musical personality with hard-driving, rhythmic beats hand-crafted for every mission.

Oakenfold has enjoyed two decades of worldwide acclaim as one of the top dance and electronic music DJs. Since entering the world of theatrical music composition four years ago, Oakenfold has created scores and other musical contributions for such high-profile motion pictures as Get Carter (2000), Swordfish (2001), Planet of the Apes (2001), The Bourne Identity (2002), Austin Powers: Goldmember (2002), and The Matrix Reloaded (2003), as well as the theme song for the NBC TV show “Las Vegas.”

“By allowing fans to step into the shoes of the ‘bad guys’, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is the most exciting, cutting-edge episode of the Bond video game series to date,” said Patrick Gilmore, Executive Producer at EALA. “We feel that to deliver a blockbuster entertainment experience, this game deserves a dynamic musical score and world-class production values that reflect the rebellious and original style of the game itself. We wanted the best of the best, and this lineup is just that.”

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent’s notable talent roster also includes Christopher Lee, who reprises his role as the villainous Francisco Scaramanga from The Man with the Golden Gun and Judi Dench, who returns as M and has appeared in four James Bond™ films to date. Additionally, this action-packed title will feature character likenesses of such legendary Bond villains as Xenia Onatopp, forever remembered from the film GoldenEye, the legendary henchman Oddjob featured in Goldfinger, and the nefarious Dr. No from the film of the same name.

Rounding out the talent behind the game is Academy Award®-winning Production Designer Sir Ken Adam (James Bond series), Costume Designer Kym Barrett (The Matrix trilogy), and Character Designer Rene Morel (Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within). Developed at EA’s spectacular new studio in Los Angeles, California, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is being produced by a stellar creative team that currently consists of more than 120 accomplished artists, game designers, and engineers, including veterans of such hits as Shrek, Titanic, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, and X-Men 2.

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent goes where no previous James Bond game has dared to tread, giving players the chance to cross over to the dark side of the Bond universe to experience life as a high-rolling, cold-hearted villain. The focus of this first-person shooter shifts from that of 007™ himself to the corrupt underworld and its criminal masterminds. Players encounter such legendary allies and enemies as Oddjob, Dr. No, Goldfinger, Scaramanga, Xenia Onatopp, and Pussy Galore on globe-spanning missions of vengeance and demolition. The game seamlessly integrates single-player, multiplayer split-screen, and online gameplay* for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. Featured game modes include story-driven campaign missions, deathmatch-style simulator trials, and objective-based war games.

Officially licensed by MGM Interactive, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is scheduled to ship this November on the PlayStation 2 console, Xbox video game system from Microsoft, and Nintendo GameCube™ under the EA GAMES™ brand. This game has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit www.goldeneye.ea.com.

*Online play requires Internet connection. PlayStation 2 online play also requires Network Adaptor and Memory Card for the PlayStation 2.

Crazy Oakenfold Mixing it up for GoldenEye

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline jmoe316

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:GoldenEye Soundtrack by Paul Oakenfold
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 08:14:42 AM »
I don't think I'd play this game, but it would be nice to listen to the soundtrack. I love Paul Oakenfold's music!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
RE: GoldenEye Soundtrack by Paul Oakenfold
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 09:52:20 AM »
Is it just me, or is EA practically farting Goldeneye press releases these days?  The funny thing is, the more I hear about it, the less I want to play it.  I think it will turn out to be a decent game, but, well, everyone knows why I'm against it; we all have the same reason.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 10:20:24 AM »
However great the music will be, I will still enjoy the music from the original more. Does anybody know off the top of their head who did the original music for Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 10:58:49 AM »
Graeme Norgate is the main guy I know(can't remember the others who worked with him)...He also did TimeSplitters' rad music...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »
Have any of the prior Bond games (for Cube or 64), TimeSplitters 2, or Perfect Dark gotten soundtrack releases?
Grr. Argh.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »
I believe Perfect Dark did, but I'm not sure about the others...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 01:27:22 PM »
If nothing else, Mr.Oakenfold will give it some flair.

That picture is creepy....
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline ootler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 03:01:05 PM »
Mainstream music for astoundingly unimaginative enterprise tick tocks armageddon ever closer.  Illusion of a predictable future found to be reassuring.  Time rendered into insipid gravy by mindless repetition as humanity uses up all available materials to produce insignificant motifs of own past glory.  Cynicism found to be constructive.
-----
yes.

no.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 09:43:13 PM »
ARGH!! What a scary oversized picture.
As long as he doesn't mutilate the classic Bond theme, go for it. But leave out the dance music please.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 11:17:22 PM »

Originally posted by: Shift Key
ARGH!! What a scary oversized picture.

Believe it or not, I reduced it quite a bit.  I think you could have wallpapered a door at the original resolution.  Imagine how scary that would be.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 11:27:01 AM »
Umm techno music and James Bond music and atmosphere dont mix BAD EA BAD!!!!!
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 01:51:40 PM »

Originally posted by: Shift Key
As long as he doesn't mutilate the classic Bond theme, go for it.
I don't expect this to be a problem; he did a remix of the Bond theme on the Die Another Day soundtrack, which, past the first fifteen seconds, wasn't mutilated at all. (Even the beginning would've been okay, except the guitars are mixed a bit too loud.)
Grr. Argh.

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004, 01:53:06 PM »

Originally posted by: Lord_die_seis
Umm techno music and James Bond music and atmosphere dont mix BAD EA BAD!!!!!
Have you ever listened to the scores for the last three Bond movies? (Or, to a lesser degree, Everything or Nothing as well.)

Grr. Argh.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 12:01:52 AM »

he did a remix of the Bond theme on the Die Another Day soundtrack, which, past the first fifteen seconds, wasn't mutilated at all.
HOW DARE HE! That part is the best part ever *air guitar*
I could play that part ages ago when I did music in school and we mucked around on guitars but now i forget

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2004, 04:30:19 PM »
SWEET, Oakenfold music in a videogame!  Judging by his past efforts this should turn out absolutely perfect.  Don't worry about that whole "dance" thing, his music is more surreal than your avg dance crap.  Finally some good music choices by EA.