Author Topic: whats with this points thing  (Read 1325 times)

Offline walkingdead2

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
whats with this points thing
« on: February 27, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »
OK i have been a reader of this site since before the gamecube launched... but i have just started to post on these forums and i have to say... there are a lot of jerks here.

i got a post frozen cause it was a "trolling thread". wtf does that mean. i have a score of -2... what does that mean.

i don't get it i just don't understand any of this.

Offline THE Princess

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: whats with this points thing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 04:39:51 PM »
               I can help you with the points thing. I myself had no idea what the points were about. I asked about it and learned that the points have absolutely no meaning. Moderators give us our points at random. If they feel like giving one person 8 points and taking 8 away from another, it's what they will do. So yes, you can ignore the points really. As for the "trolling" you speak of, I have no clue.  :-\

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: whats with this points thing
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 04:45:25 PM »
The points thing are greatly meaningless.  I was just being silly with that part of the locking and I thought you would have gotten the joke.

As for the locking of your thread.  It had little to no content, was worded in a way to incite hostile arguments, and there was already a discussion going on in talkback.  That's why it was locked.  PM me if you have more questions, but to avoid another points discussion (of which you can find one in NWR discussion) I'm going to lock this too.

PS.  I realize that sometimes people make threads that come off differently than they were meant.  That's why I didn't actually temp ban you or anything, so all in all, don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 04:48:20 PM by Pale »
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram