Author Topic: Plantinum Controller no longer set for release?  (Read 2904 times)

Offline My_R1_Rulez

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Plantinum Controller no longer set for release?
« on: October 10, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »
I recently picked up the Metroid bundle pak that included the limited 'plantinum' GC.  I like to keep my systems uniform in color, so I waited till the end of Sept. (30th to be exact) for the controllers to be released seperately as EBWorld indicated on their 'Coming Soon' list.  Now, its no longer shown to be released & many retail shelves show no avail.  Anyone know if Nintendo canned this controller in color?  Thanks!
Power to weight ratio.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Plantinum Controller no longer set for release?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 04:46:33 PM »
Uhmm, just buy the platinum wavebirds...  Cordless > Corded.  =)

As far as corded platinum controllers... I swear I've seen them before...but I may just be crazy.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE:Plantinum Controller no longer set for release?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 04:46:46 PM »
I haven't heard anything along those lines yet. But it would make sense. Since the Metroid bundle isn't doing all that well, perhaps Nintendo, anticipating a lower demand for the platinum controllers, shelved the idea of shipping more.

Offline My_R1_Rulez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 05:05:31 PM »
Seen the wavebirds around, but for some reason I prefer dangling, twisted wires.  Besides, whats the batt. life on those?  Anyways, all info is appreciated.
Power to weight ratio.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 05:32:40 PM »
2 AA Batteries can give the wavebird arround or alittle bit more than 100 hours.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 06:13:52 PM »
The Wavebird controller is awsome and the battery life isnt a concern, but you do lose the rumble feature.

TOY

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 08:08:01 PM »
The rumble feature only comes in handy when I'm bored. Also, I bought a pack of 20 AA batteries by some hilarious rip-off brand and the whole pack lasted about three days. (Don't buy crappy batteries, kids)

Offline seen33

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 04:40:05 AM »
well I own 2 wave birds.. and although they are great controllers.  I sometimes just plug my regular controler in for the rumble feature.  rumble really does add to the gaming experiance.  

I hope the next nintendo system will have wavebirds with rumble feature optional.  Current 3rd part wireless controllers (for the xbox anyway) have a switch on them to turn rumble on and off.  although rumble will probably bring that 100 hours down to 20... some1 like me who has recharagble bateries would much rather have rumble.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 08:33:20 AM »
Rumble also adds dramaticallys to the cost. With the wavebird the controller sends and the little square thing receives. If you want rumble then both the controller and the little square thing must send and receive.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 05:08:28 AM »
Rumble is unhealthy. You know all those computer related injuries like RSI? Rumble causes the same injuries as a jackhammer.