Author Topic: StreetPass Quest 2 May Be Planned  (Read 2499 times)

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
StreetPass Quest 2 May Be Planned
« on: July 09, 2011, 03:06:10 PM »

Nintendo considers a sequel to Find Mii due to internal demand.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27154

Nintendo is considering StreetPass Quest 2, according to its company president in a recent interview.

Satoru Iwata stated that many staff within the company have quickly finished the RPG packaged with the 3DS console, and have been requesting a sequel for some time.

At the recent shareholders meeting, he said:

"To tell the truth, inside Nintendo is a very unique environment. Because there are so many people who have the Nintendo 3DS in the company, most of the people finished 'StreetPass Quest' in such a short time and, as a result, many people are saying, 'We want something new!'

"Even Mr. Miyamoto has been asking, 'Does anyone have a plan for 'StreetPass Quest 2'?' for several months, and several departments are currently considering such a possibility."

This may also open the possibility for other StreetPass Plaza features to be added in the future, such as additional panels in Puzzle Swap, or even entirely new games.  However, this is complete speculation at this point.

Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: StreetPass Quest 2 May Be Planned
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »
I have barely made a dent in the game, largely because I have only done StreetPass twice, so I have to use the coins to rent heroes in the game. I'm sure it's easy when you can do StreetPass multiple times a day.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
I rarely street pass anyone (have seven people in my plaza) and have gone through both times and I'm in the middle of my third trip through.  Granted, I don't use coins for puzzle pieces or anything else..
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TalesOfFan

• "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 05:02:27 PM »
I'm currently in the pitch black room that you have to use a magic to light up. I rarely get Streetpasses, so I'm waiting to save up a lot of coins before I go there. Sadly Resident Evil Mercenaries has been eating away all of them.
James Dawson
Staff Writer, Nintendo World Report

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »
Sorry to bum you guys out, but I've managed to complete almost everything in the streetpass channel here at Pokémon US nationals. Bring it on, Nintendo!
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »
This is exactly what SPOT PASS should be used for, just download a new one when they want.

I hope they flesh it out more with more spells, more ghosts, less of the bullshit like dark rooms or can only defeat shield if same color mii.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 08:42:15 PM »
I haven't gotten any StreetPasses so I haven't checked out the Plaza yet. This thread makes it sound pretty cool, so perhaps I should check it out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 08:43:53 PM »
It's pretty boring actually, good thing it's free since it's pretty shallow and not even worth $1 IMO. Just about the only reason I bother with it is because you can unlock stuff like hats for your Mii to wear.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 02:16:28 AM »
I was really sad when I finally finished Find Mii and would love to have more and better content like that to churn through!
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline KITT 10K

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 09:14:15 AM »
I think that if they do a "Find Mii 2" that when you go to use the coins you have to "hire a hero" that it'll use the other Mii characters that you make in the Mii Crater. And if, (and that's a big "IF"), you have more coins than Miis, (or "heroes" in this case), that THEN it comes up with those cat heroes. That's what I'd like to see in the next one.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »
hey unclebobo is their any point to play after a 2nd time? I thought you get all the hats by than

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
..and making it where you don't have to use those stupid play coins

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »
..and making it where you don't have to use those stupid play coins

I don't mind that really because I tend to walk around anyway at work so that isn't too bad. I only wish they were 1 coin per mii NOT 2, so you have more play time and increase the amount of coins you can get in a day too.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 07:58:06 PM »
If I didn't use coins for Find Mii I be wasting coins all the time.  The game needs gating.  If you could blow through it in 1 night all by yourself then their is a problem.  In fact I probably go the other direction where you have to streetpass to get heroes period.  That wouldn't be good for here in the States though.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline 5kytar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »
I have two brothers who have a 3ds, so I get streetpassed twice a day by both of them. I really want a Wario hat! That would be awesome.