Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 418620 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #675 on: October 12, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »
Can I suggest a theme?

Jurassic Park.

Well, if no one steps up to host in the next couple weeks, I'll do it. And I'll use this theme. Because I'm a creative genius. 
So will it be the Raptors VS Human VS The Rest of the Park
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 12, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
Now I kind of don't want to sign up to host a game because I'm curious what Khushrenada would do with Jurassic Park.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 13, 2011, 01:07:20 AM »
If you want to host, go ahead. I can do this game anytime.

As for the Jurassic Park ideas, I haven't nailed anything down yet. The way I see it, it could be done a few ways. It could be all dinosaurs or humans vs dinosaurs.

But I'm thinking the best and easiest way would be to have it all humans with the mafia group consisting of people working for BioSyn (InGen's rival) who are trying to smuggle out dinosaur embryo's and caused the collapse of the park. Much like how things go in the book/movie. From there, the story would just be on the survival of the humans against the dinosaurs with the humans trying to stop the BioSyn sabatours from escaping with the embryo's/getting revenge for causing the whole situation they started.

And if someone else wants to use that idea, you're welcome to it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:38:27 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 13, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »
I have my old Nintendo World Report Mafia idea kicking around. I'd want someone with experience hosting games to help me out with the nuts and bolts, though.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 15, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »
I could make a game that would just be Khush's game with different characters and stories. The set up would be the exact same (just to make it easy on myself) and I would reuse though rename the townie abilities. My game would be just generic characters though, nothing like overwhelmingly special, but I could make up for that with some descriptive storytelling.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 15, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
Well it could be humans vs. that company, with the dinosaurs in as a second mafia or have the T-rex be something like a killer role. Just bouncing ideas.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #681 on: October 15, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
If you want to host, go ahead. I can do this game anytime.

As for the Jurassic Park ideas, I haven't nailed anything down yet. The way I see it, it could be done a few ways. It could be all dinosaurs or humans vs dinosaurs.

But I'm thinking the best and easiest way would be to have it all humans with the mafia group consisting of people working for BioSyn (InGen's rival) who are trying to smuggle out dinosaur embryo's and caused the collapse of the park. Much like how things go in the book/movie. From there, the story would just be on the survival of the humans against the dinosaurs with the humans trying to stop the BioSyn sabatours from escaping with the embryo's/getting revenge for causing the whole situation they started.

And if someone else wants to use that idea, you're welcome to it.

Dude, brilliant. Actually, I think that's pretty close to the upcoming Telltale game.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 16, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »
So how do we decide who is going to host? I'd like someone to do the dinosaur game, but if not I could have the game I suggested ready by next monday. Whatever the case, I just want some mafia action to go down.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #683 on: October 16, 2011, 05:15:06 PM »
Well if you want a spot MaryJane just select a spot from the remaining spots in the original post. If people think they can get their idea thought up I could move back a few places if I haven't finished thinking up what I wanted to do by the time the next game is over. Oh small note about my upcoming games. I know I said that the second game would be Teen Titans season 2 but well the videos for the season 2 and beyond I can't find anymore since they were taken down so for the second game I am going to have a mishmash of all the seasons. I was considering to have each game to be slightly different with the ideas but I think I found a format which would work with the game.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 16, 2011, 05:25:44 PM »
Ok then, I'll take spot 55. Hopefully a week will be long enough a sign-up period.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #685 on: October 17, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »
Whoever does the Jurassic Park theme has to get the names right. OR I WILL KILL THEM.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 17, 2011, 01:18:54 PM »
Whoever does the Jurassic Park theme has to get the names right. OR I WILL KILL THEM.
Now I want to do something that has slightly inaccurate Dino names or Wildy inaccurate descriptions with the right name.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:21:03 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #687 on: October 17, 2011, 09:27:46 PM »
I just noticed that MaryJanes sign up thread is up now in the funhouse. Looks pretty interesting.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 20, 2011, 12:05:25 AM »
Now I want to do something that has slightly inaccurate Dino names or Wildy inaccurate descriptions with the right name.

On Day 2, the townies decided to risk it and ran across the compound to the parked vehicles. As soon as they started running, the velocorapters flew down from the sky and attacked Halbred. The leader of the pack scooped him up and with his great wingspan immediately flew back into the fog surrounding the vehicles with the rest of the dinosaurs following. He was a townie.

The rest of the survivors reached the vehicles and immediately began driving off to the harbor on the other side of the island. They had gone about 5 miles when they came up an anklyosaurus in the middle of the road. Afraid of the sudden appearance of vehicles, the dinosaur stood up on it's hind legs to scare them off with its size. Everyone slowed down and stopped unsure of what to do. As they radioed back and forth to each other, the anklyosaurus was still feeling threatened by the pack of vehicles so it decided to go into attack mode to scare them off. It curled up into a ball and started rolling towards the vehicles.

Crimm, noticing a rumbling, looked over to the passenger window and saw a giant ball of spikes rolling towards him. He screamed like a girl as the vehicle was crushed under the rolling dino of doom. He was a sabatuer.

Have I got the job?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 20, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
I don't know your past story record doesn't bode well.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: October 21, 2011, 07:38:35 PM »
You forgot the part where someone gets trampled by a pack of stampeding Yoshis.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 24, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
So who is going after MaryJane?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #692 on: November 24, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »
As far as I am concerned the game is still going on until Mary Jane puts up the end game topic and reveals the results of the most recent day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 24, 2011, 07:41:19 PM »
We seem to suddenly have a problem of hosts not completing their games.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 25, 2011, 01:52:36 PM »
What stinks is without knowing how abilities played out we don't know how the game ended.  I'm sure its the last day though.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 25, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »
It is the last day. Mafia win, I'm calling it.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 26, 2011, 10:29:55 AM »
Has anyone tried to contact Mary Jane?
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 06, 2011, 06:28:40 AM »
Should we just start a new game at this point?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:31 AM »
 I think it should be a townie win because enough townies survived till the Hostpocalypse.
We probably should just hold off on a new game till January.  Decembers always weird on peoples schedules.

Offline KathleenJL

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 11, 2011, 07:13:52 AM »
Mafia 3?