Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 418450 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »
Meh, he's still human and makes mistakes. But he also remembers these mistakes and learns from them. He's not infallible, but do you think he really isn't the best Mafia player here?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2009, 12:07:34 AM »
Personally, I don't think he is.  I think he's the most long-winded player, though.  Definitely think that one.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2009, 12:12:30 AM »
So who DO you think is the best thatguy. They don't even have to be around anymore.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 08, 2009, 12:27:51 AM »
Would it be conceited to believe I'm the best? :p

I'm not sure, truthfully.  This past game, with all of Khush's hunches that went wrong can show it depends game-to-game.

From the games I've been in, personally, Sir_Stabbalot was great, along with Vudu, Spak, Khush, nickmitch, Decoyman, and you, as long as you're on the townie's side.  It depends, a lot of time, on how much effort is put into the game from each player.  Mop_it_up, Drew_MG, and Stratos have been pretty good, but I haven't played much from them, really.  stevey's a wildcard, who just does whatever he wants, which works very well for him, but not for the group of townies.

From what I've seen and played, I'd have to say that it depends on the game as to who will be best.  If there are circumstances where vudu feels safe, for instance, he'll be a top player right away, for instance, he's very good in the mafia.  With Khush, often he has to find a spark to start things off, but once he gets going, he's on fire.  Spak is probably the best player to look at when it comes to working on a team, he's quickly grasped the direction and tone I've taken, and identified and used an excellent secondary approach, that, when together, is nearly unbeatable.  I list Decoyman particularly because of that Sonic mafia, way back when, when Decoyman did beat it, because we were sure he wouldn't have let GP get hit as a mafia player.

Really, I don't know if I can best determine who's best at the game.  I will say that Khush, in my opinion, has been "easily detectable" when he's in the mafia, and that's what holds me back from saying him.  I'd rather throw my hat off to Spak, because Spak's a great player, and when his own mafia doesn't reveal who he is, he's incredibly tough to figure out.

Of course, this all still depends on how much said player feels like playing, so it's still tough to say...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2009, 01:34:34 AM »
Would it be conceited to believe I'm the best? :p
Yes it would. Though I don't know if it is necessarily bad to actually think that, if it makes you a confident player. But other people must be the ones who claim you the best for it to have merit.

From the games I've been in, personally, Sir_Stabbalot was great, along with Vudu, Spak, Khush, nickmitch, Decoyman, and you, as long as you're on the townie's side.
Yeah, it may have been premature to say Khushrenada's the best, I think I just may be going with his reputation. I haven't played very many games but most of those people were pretty good from what I've seen. Vudu and Spak-Spang have really put forth some plans that came together well. I don't know if it is possible to declare a single player the best, but Khushrenada is definitely in the running.

Mop_it_up, Drew_MG, and Stratos have been pretty good, but I haven't played much from them, really.
Alright, so I'm admittedly insecure, but I've no idea what makes you think I'm any good. Perhaps you could shoot me a PM and explain?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2009, 01:46:58 AM »
Hmm I am kinda surprised that I am mentioned. Any peticular game that I played that stands out thatguy?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2009, 01:52:49 AM »
Well, not one in particular, but when you're on the townie's side, you find out things pretty quickly.  The problem is, though, that because of the strategy you use there, it's practically a dead give-away when you're on the mafia, as you make an in-proportionate amount of effort that's noticeable between the two.

The games I'm mentioning you from are actually the games I wasn't here for.  From what I've seen and read, you were a very solid player then.  These past three, though, you were found out fast, killed on day one, and then found out fast again :p

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2009, 01:53:11 AM »
I thought you were awesome in the Punch-Out!! Mafia Maxi, you didn't let your emotions get to you, people trusted you, and you were so close to victory. You just had a tough break.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2009, 02:11:30 AM »
Well, not one in particular, but when you're on the townie's side, you find out things pretty quickly.  The problem is, though, that because of the strategy you use there, it's practically a dead give-away when you're on the mafia, as you make an in-proportionate amount of effort that's noticeable between the two.

The games I'm mentioning you from are actually the games I wasn't here for.  From what I've seen and read, you were a very solid player then.  These past three, though, you were found out fast, killed on day one, and then found out fast again :p

Maybe you ought to go again. Kidding kidding. It is interesting that my best games were when you were gone.

I think I had the best balance with the Mike Tyson game.  I think that was my best game.

Thanks for the kind words Mop_it_up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2009, 03:09:42 AM »
i'm the best. argument is finished.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 08, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »
i'm the best. argument is finished.

Thank you for finally ending the arguement. I'd say RAB might have given you a run for your money but he's stopped showing up so it is all you.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 08, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »
Actually, Dasmos is really underrated, I'd say. I probably wouldn't even know that if I hadn't been on the same side as him before and seen all the strategizing that goes on behind the scenes for him. His brief posts in the daily threads don't show that well.

Some people are loud and good (Khush, thatguy) while others are quiet and good, like Dasmos (and vudu, Pale), and then some really are unpredictable, but still good, like stevey. Different strokes for different folks.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 09, 2009, 08:07:36 AM »
I'm still burned out from Super Mario Kart Mafia.

Can someone explain and fill me ins?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #288 on: October 09, 2009, 08:56:12 AM »
What exactly do you want to know? What happened since your Mario Kart game?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »
What exactly do you want to know? What happened since your Mario Kart game?

I want to know what happened in the last game. My brain imploded.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2009, 01:29:13 PM »
I want to know what happened in the last game.

No one's really sure.  I think the good guys lost (maybe?).  In the end, who cares?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »
The victory of either team came down to a poorly worded rule.  As such, had the good guys known the rule, they'd have won.  They didn't, so they lost.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2009, 10:40:16 PM »
Is the next Mafia lined up?  I have an idea for a some-what basic mafia game.  Not as basic as my awesome "everyone gets to kill someone every night" mafia, mind you... I don't think I could pull that off again.

The main problem is, though, I'll need about 20 players to sign up or it won't work.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »
The next one that isn't taken is Number 43. Decoyman is next with 39 then myself at 40.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2009, 01:03:43 AM »
Ah - I see it there.  It's in the first post.  Well, I'll claim #43 then.  Should be a good time.  Working on the rules now.  Pretty basic, really...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2009, 01:08:20 AM »
All yours Mr. Bob. Look forward to it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2009, 01:10:02 AM »
Got a theme UncleBob?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2009, 01:10:47 AM »
It's a secret to everybody.  (No, that's not a hint... just not ready to spill the beans yet...)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2009, 04:58:05 AM »
If your game is going to be super simple, UncleBob, then I think I'll feel a little more free to make mine a more advanced game since I'm going to be just the game before you.

And Maxi, I'll set some time to work on the game w/ you after this one is over.

I have a new idea I want to add to it involving possible sanity effects.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2009, 05:31:46 AM »
Okay Stratos.
Just deleted my PMs from this game. Stratos do you have your roles written down?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 06:33:45 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss