Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 418549 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2009, 02:49:15 PM »
I'm going to NYC from June 2 -10 (we're going in style! Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic!) so Super Mario Kart Mafia will take place taking my trip into account.

So just to confirm, Spak is going next?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »
I'm going to NYC from June 2 -10 (we're going in style! Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic!) so Super Mario Kart Mafia will take place taking my trip into account.

So just to confirm, Spak is going next?

By the looks of things Spak is next on the list after Golden Phoenix. The current game will at least go 3 more days.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
Yip, I am next.  I will start sign ups after Golden Phoenix's game is over.  Week or 2 signups and then game starts.  Plugs already knows my games design. 

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2009, 09:57:03 PM »
Yip, I am next.  I will start sign ups after Golden Phoenix's game is over.  Week or 2 signups and then game starts.  Plugs already knows my games design. 

So you will be starting signups next month? lol
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »
i have a few ideas like a faked death and a newspaper writer who gets to write one false article each day.

I would make the characters
Dilinger - investigator
Al Capone - special role
Babyface - special role
Bonnie and Clyde- brother and sister

and the mafia is the cops trying to get them
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:55:59 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »
Bonnie and Clyde- brother and sister

You sick ****.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »
the role that they know each other from the beginning, not their actual relationship

your the sick **** i didn't even think about that

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2009, 04:26:44 AM »
I have a theme idea. I would do a game eventually.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2009, 11:52:12 AM »
I've had an idea festering in which you shift it so the mafias greatly outnumber the townies, but the townies somehow have more power....

I'm thinking to have two or three mafias, and then have the townies number the same amount as any one mafia team.  Make it so the townies all know who each other are.  Then make a rule where if a mafia puts a hit out on a townie, the townie will die but the mafia member who did the killing will be "arrested" and thrown in jail (effectively 'killed' and kicked out of the game).  Still allowing voting obviously.

I dunno, I'm still playing with how the balance would work.. but i think it would be cool to force the mafias to have to go after each other with hits, but possibly band together to vote a townie out.  Just a thought.  The key (and possibly only) special townie role would be that of the preacher... and I'd give him the ability to convert mafia members back to the side of good somehow...

So yeah, the core concept would be that the mafias' biggest threat would be the townies but they can't kill them with hits.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »
It remains my goal to somehow use the Zelda mythos in a Mafia game. 
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
I like your idea, Pale. Especially the prison idea that allows mafia to vote after 'death'.

Maybe make it that most of the townies are vigilante/killers and the mafia are limited in the amount of kills they can make. That way it's a race since both sides have killing powers. You might need a large group of people to pull it off though.

It remains my goal to somehow use the Zelda mythos in a Mafia game. 

Zelda would be fun. There are a lot of good characters, items and powers in those games.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2009, 09:43:52 PM »
There are a lot of good characters, but most of them are one-off and pretty forgettable.   There's maybe... what, 5 characters in the Zelda franchise that are actually notable?  Link, Zelda, Saria, Impa, Ganon, Aghanim...

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2009, 12:14:44 AM »
Hey Stevey! He forgot Malon. She must be avenged!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2009, 01:17:21 AM »
hey pale maybe if you make it so that there are like 4 teams, but you have to figure out who is on your team through a system of spying. The goal would be to figure out who is on your team and then to kill other people on other teams

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:08 AM »
There are a lot of good characters, but most of them are one-off and pretty forgettable.   There's maybe... what, 5 characters in the Zelda franchise that are actually notable?  Link, Zelda, Saria, Impa, Ganon, Aghanim...
That's what's would be fun about it, creating stories for the lessor characters to make them interesting.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2009, 03:32:35 AM »
There are a lot of good characters, but most of them are one-off and pretty forgettable.   There's maybe... what, 5 characters in the Zelda franchise that are actually notable?  Link, Zelda, Saria, Impa, Ganon, Aghanim...

I disagree. Daurian the Goron, Tingle, Sahasralah, Naboru, Ruto, the Owl, Talon, Marin, Bow Wow, Navi, Skull Kid, Happy Mask Salesman, the King of Red Lions, Tetra...I could go on if you like.

Besides, as Mop it up said, you can use mafia to flesh out lesser known characters. All you really need are names and avatars for characters in this game.
My Game Collection

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2009, 04:05:51 AM »

I disagree. Daurian the Goron, Tingle, Sahasralah, Naboru, Ruto, the Owl, Talon, Marin, Bow Wow, Navi, Skull Kid, Happy Mask Salesman, the King of Red Lions, Tetra...I could go on if you like.

Besides, as Mop it up said, you can use mafia to flesh out lesser known characters. All you really need are names and avatars for characters in this game.

Tingle Mafia would be the best.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2009, 04:17:54 AM »
There are a lot of good characters, but most of them are one-off and pretty forgettable.   There's maybe... what, 5 characters in the Zelda franchise that are actually notable?  Link, Zelda, Saria, Impa, Ganon, Aghanim...

Tingle Mafia would be the best.

LOL, Rosecolored Rupeeland Mafia FTW!
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »
hey pale maybe if you make it so that there are like 4 teams, but you have to figure out who is on your team through a system of spying. The goal would be to figure out who is on your team and then to kill other people on other teams

Well, we will see how well this game mechanic works in Mario Paintball.  Personally, I hope it goes well, because I really enjoyed evolving this format of Mafia.  Plugabugz gets the credit for the original idea.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2009, 12:15:04 AM »
i have an idea for a new zombie crisis, there are two teams, everyone knows who everyone is, but the siblings role would be the mad scientist and necromancer and they are secret. Someone gets infected by the siblings every night. The goal each day would be to win the coin flip winning immunity. once the game is down to 7 people the teams merge and then they have to individually win the coin flips. Like survivor with zombies.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
Nothing against Spaks game, or Perm's idea, but I'm sort of itching for a back to basics mafia game.  I understand the rules of Spak's game, but I have no idea how to play the game properly, I feel like I'm completely in the dark.

Also, I've had some family emergency stuff come up, so that might explain why I've been away as well.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »
DrewMG:  It takes a completely different strategy, because it is really a different game.

My game should NEVER take the place of traditional Mafia.  But I hope somebody makes another game similar to it, and that we keep it in the rotation.  I think it has huge potential and great strategy.

I mean look how this crazy game has turned out...I would have never guessed it would have lasted this long...I thought today, tomorrow tops it would be over. 

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2009, 09:11:59 AM »
Agreed, I'd like to try this game again someday when I can be a little more invested.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2009, 03:01:46 AM »
Khushrenada could you correct the OP.I'm sure that GP's game is over.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2009, 03:17:37 AM »
Khushrenada could you correct the OP.I'm sure that GP's game is over.

GP's game is never ending.

When do sign ups normally open again? After there are less than five or whenever Khush decides it's time?
My Game Collection