Author Topic: obscure but decent games remade?  (Read 3544 times)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
obscure but decent games remade?
« on: June 02, 2003, 04:20:21 PM »
does anyone remember a game called EVO the search for eden (i think that was its full name), it was on the SNES (and maybe mega drive i dont know), anyway you start out as a prehistoric fish and you progress through the game evolveing into new spiecies. i never finnished it but it was an awsome game. 1 i would love a remake/sequel of this game, but if there isn't does anyone know of any games similar to this out or coming out this generation?

Offline Samwise Gamgee

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 04:22:21 PM »
"I made a promise! A promis; Don't you leave him Samewise Gamgee, and i don't mean to, i don't mean to!"

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 04:57:57 PM »
Reminds me of Cubeivore (or however you spell it).
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
RE: obscure but decent games remade?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 05:39:45 PM »
Ahh yeah, I remember playing this at a friends house years ago, it seemed pretty damn funky and original. It'd be great ported to GBA =)

The only other game I know of that features the ability to evolve is Vib Ribbon on PSone, but yeah, that's a music based game, jump to the beats to evolve, not quite in the same field as EVO

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 05:52:50 PM »
EVO was actually a great concept with poor execution.  In order to even attempt getting to further evolutions, you had to spend hours fighting enemies to get upgrades (like a better horn or whatnot).  Even more annoying was the fact that said upgrades would become useless as you reach the next big evolution.  Bosses were often extremely difficult and you'd lose a lot of your cool extras (like horns and claws) if you lost the battle.  

If they lowered the need for constant leveling up and perhaps branching paths that occur depending on what you want to evolve, then I'd be interested in it.

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 07:10:46 PM »
I want a body harvest sequel.

CAn you imagine what DMA (now rockstar) could do with that idea, but based on a GTA realtime city engine?

*drool*

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 07:32:58 PM »
kid icarus....now!  It is obscure to most people...but PIT is great
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 08:04:40 PM »

Originally posted by: ShockingAlberto
EVO was actually a great concept with poor execution.  In order to even attempt getting to further evolutions, you had to spend hours fighting enemies to get upgrades (like a better horn or whatnot).  Even more annoying was the fact that said upgrades would become useless as you reach the next big evolution.  Bosses were often extremely difficult and you'd lose a lot of your cool extras (like horns and claws) if you lost the battle.  

If they lowered the need for constant leveling up and perhaps branching paths that occur depending on what you want to evolve, then I'd be interested in it.

-- ShockingAlberto

my thoughts exactly actually, but i still think its a solid game (those bosses were crazy hard) i only ever got upto the iceage/start of being a mammal (Sp?)
who made it? i forget :\

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2003, 08:42:23 PM »
Developer: Almanic
Publisher: Enix

Well, according to rpgclassics.com

... We need a sequel to Unirally/Uniracers, too! FUN FUN SILLY WILLY RACING!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2003, 09:53:05 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC

my thoughts exactly actually, but i still think its a solid game (those bosses were crazy hard) i only ever got upto the iceage/start of being a mammal (Sp?)
who made it? i forget :\

Well it had saving, so it wasn't that hard... the trick for the bosses was just to evolve a "worthless" body part... example the horn, as everytime you evolved your HP filled. Nice little trick for fighting em.

It was a excellent game overall though, one of my fav SNES games.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2003, 10:27:23 PM »
ahhhhhhhh thats smart!, i never really got to play it much, i didn't own it :\ and there for i never really learn't many tricks. i would love to track it down! i checked ebay, but no copies in australia :\

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2003, 05:03:07 AM »
remake micheal jacksons moonwalker for megadrive
it a classic
remaking the backgrounds from the video clips would be awsome

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2003, 05:34:33 AM »
Your Kidding right DeadlyD? It was a lousy game and didn't make any sense. Just like Micheal Jackson.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2003, 06:49:58 AM »
I don't really care for remakes, I'd rather Nintendo focuse all there effort into making new original games........GIVE ME A DAMN RPG already.....

Like Chrono Trigger......you guys were so close to perfection, damn.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2003, 06:53:41 AM »
My opinion exactly.  Except for the RPG part.  I don't really like games that are considered RPGs.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Monkey man

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2003, 07:33:21 AM »
I have never heard about this game!Well I'm going to eat lunch now then I have to go to a baseball game.
I'm Monkey man

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2003, 10:26:57 AM »
and so ends another chapter of monkey mans life ;P

also, dont want nintendo to remake it, i want its creator to remake it especially seeing though it wasn't exactly a huge title that everyone has played.

and for the record, chronotrigger was perfect ;P

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2003, 10:30:15 AM »
I wanted EVO but I couldn't find it.  Hopefully it will find a home of GBA but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.  

Hell rarely gets cold.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2003, 12:25:53 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
does anyone remember a game called EVO the search for eden (i think that was its full name), it was on the SNES (and maybe mega drive i dont know), anyway you start out as a prehistoric fish and you progress through the game evolveing into new spiecies. i never finnished it but it was an awsome game. 1 i would love a remake/sequel of this game, but if there isn't does anyone know of any games similar to this out or coming out this generation?

I REMEMBER that game! All I remember was "evoloving" throughout the game, getting new body parts until you completely evolved (For example-fish to dinosaur) andwent on to the next set of worlds.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.