Author Topic: New Zelda Look  (Read 19280 times)

Offline Sean

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
New Zelda Look
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2003, 04:41:54 PM »
What part of Link was "cool" looking in Link to the Past, again?  I forgot.

Did I love it? Yes.  Was that little squat guy running around with nearly no apendages "cool" looking.  I really doubt it.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Luciferschild

• View Profile
New Zelda Look
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2003, 04:51:41 PM »
Link looked cool in A Link to the Past because he was a little pudgy fat boy that kicked ass. He didn't have gigantic bug eyes or a michael jackson nose like tww.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
New Zelda Look
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2003, 04:53:30 PM »
He had pink hair.  And he walked funny.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
New Zelda Look
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2003, 04:54:34 PM »
Sean, you are exactly right.  It wasn't just that they wanted the cel-shading, they NEEDED it to make windwaker feel "real".
And my GOD, look at the bad guys, they are both cool and funny.
If you saw the big thief guys (are they Moblins?), you couldn't help but be awe-struck.  Those little legs waddling back and forth, The big weapon on their shoulders swaying with every movement, and my personal favorite part.... the lower lip.  It bounces with every step he makes.  The game is so refreshing, it was probably like the first time i had pizza (i LOVE pizza).  It just feels so good to play something new and not see the same stuff.  I couldn't be happier, I really couldn't at all.  
Oh and i have played the demo for 20+ hours.

and about his big eyes............  The GAME WAS MADE IN JAPAN PEOPLE, THAT LOOK IS IN TTOONNNNSSSS OF ANIMES.  LOTS ANS LOTS OF THEM>
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
New Zelda Look
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2003, 05:09:46 PM »

Why do people think that creativity can only be inspired by drugs? It's possible, but I've never taken a drug in my life and you should see some of the crap I make up.

It's because people who do acid hallucinate and see things nobody else sees.  The statement 'was he on crack when he made this?' is taken much to literally.  It means it's amazingly bizarre and imaginative.  Not that we think Miyamato-san is actually on drugs.  Understand?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
New Zelda Look
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2003, 05:33:32 PM »
There's a place for Zelda conversations, and this ain't it, folks.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153