Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei V Announced: Switch Exclusive  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Shin Megami Tensei V Announced: Switch Exclusive
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:02 AM »

Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/45691/shin-megami-tensei-v-announced-switch-exclusive

The Shin Megami Tensei HD project announced in January will be a numbered sequel.

A livestream from Atlus today in Japan confirmed that Shin Megami Tensei V will come to Switch. No release date has been given for the adventure.

The fifth main Shin Megami Tesnei title will be the first new console title since Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne which released in 2003 in Japan (with SMT IV being a 3DS title).

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Shin Megami Tensei V Announced: Switch Exclusive
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:04:49 AM »
Niiiiice, the trailer didn't show anything especially noteworthy or new in terms of the world, but it's still early days. I expect the battle system to be world class as always though.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
That's pretty cool, I've never played any of the SMT or Persona games, except for the Tokyo Mirage Sessions spin-off which was excellent. Good to see the Switch getting some RPG options with Xenoblade 2 soon, and then Skyrim, Dragon Quest Builders, Lost Sphear, Project Octopath and now another major one with SMT 5.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
Nice exclusive! I'm gonna plan on picking this up.  I never beat IV, but I liked it enough to want to play another one.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.