Author Topic: Virtual Boy  (Read 4378 times)

Offline dmbfan755

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Virtual Boy
« on: June 02, 2003, 10:48:57 AM »
Who remembers these things from the 80s? I'm going to get one in about a month from a friend for $45. I know Play-asia was selling them a few weeks ago, but i didn't want to pay the shipping. The one I'm getting has all the necessary cords and comes with like 5 games. i think it's a pretty good deal. I've wanted one forever since they came out, but you can't find them anymore. Who has one? what is the best game?
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline Tman

• View Profile
Virtual Boy
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:55:49 AM »
I remeber them, but when I remeber the virtual boy it came out in the 90's.  

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
Virtual Boy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 04:45:41 PM »
and its not worth 45 dollars.

Offline TOY

• View Profile
RE: Virtual Boy
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 07:16:27 PM »
I still have mine, like all Nintendo consoles I bought it on launch day. My favorite game was probably Teleroboxer or Mario tennis.  I would check Ebay, that will tell you if your getting a good deal or not.

TOY

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Virtual Boy
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 07:40:12 PM »
$45 with like all 5 games isn't that bad of a deal.  It's a collectors item nowdays.    My favorite game for it was Red Alarm, although I never owned the system, and I never got to play it much.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 05:55:24 AM »
It came out in 1995...

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Virtual Boy
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2003, 09:49:07 AM »
Yeah, i know for sure that i'm getting mario tennis and red alarm, but I don't know what else. Also, on Ebay, the cheapest one is about 45, with 6 games, but there are already 10 bids, so more than one wants it, and that means you won't be getting it for 45.
If anybody wants to give me any virtual boy games, that would be, Indubitably, Neat-o.  

Offline swimguy228

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2003, 10:15:31 AM »
I would be concered about the safety risk your taking when playing this thing. I mean someone could rob your house, or beat you up while playing it.

Just kidding Wes, but your going to let me play it, right?
I pitty da fool who bought da Xbox. ~ Mr. T

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
Virtual Boy
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2003, 03:37:20 PM »
Brad, that's not cool. Anyway, I think the V-boy is cool enough to pay 45$ for. It's less than the avg. GC game. Why buy a game you would rather rent, when you can get a whole other system?

Offline Nintega

• View Profile
Virtual Boy
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2003, 09:46:08 PM »
I still have my Virtual Boy.  Bought it on ebay a few years back with around 8 games for $60.  But I remember when stores like Babbages and EB were clearing out the Virtual Boys.  The system was selling for $15 and the games were dirt cheap, under $5 each.  I wished I bought some back then.  I don't play it anymore because I do get dizzy playing it.  Just like having it around to look at.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Virtual Boy
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2003, 11:30:07 PM »
WARIO LAND

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2003, 09:36:29 AM »
I bought mine when it came out. I love mario tennis. Unfotuanely I didn't have the money flow back then to buy any other games. I just aquired three more games a few weeks back and I love them.  
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline dmbfan755

• View Profile
RE:Virtual Boy
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2003, 08:59:50 AM »
Finally! I got it yesterday. it's so cool. i have mario tennis, red alarm, funky bowling, and mario clash. It's a cool system.

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2003, 01:05:59 PM »
It's a terrible system. It should never have been created. Dont play it for more than five minutes - you'll get a headache. Oh, and it's also unwieldy.
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2003, 02:16:10 PM »
Right boggy...

I liked the pinball game it had, that mario battle game, and mario tennis.  It was a neat little system, more colors would have been nice...

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2003, 03:15:20 PM »
the virtual boy was very awesome.
i got it back in 1996, and unfortunately sold it years later, i regret selling it so much...

my fav games in order:
red alarm
warioland
mario tennis
teleroboxer

my friend loved 3d tetris for it the most and he owned like 8 games for it, but i never got to play 3d tetris.

congrats on getting a true collectors item dmb.

i never got to play nesters funky bowling, how is it?

and i never got a headache from playing vboy, and i would play it for hours at a time

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2003, 08:16:18 PM »
My post towards boggy was sarcasm.  I never got headaches either.  My eyes are also fine.  The games were fun many times, the setup was just too unwieldy at times and the support was weak.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2003, 09:01:59 PM »
support and price was weak
Nintendo really learned from that, it's a good thing Virtual Boy wasn't their main home console and Gameboy and Nintendo 64 were also around.
(N64 very soon after Virtual Boy)

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2003, 12:30:59 AM »
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »
MEGA BUMP

I've lately been trying to round out my Virtual Boy collection. Just recently picked up Jack Bros. And I'm left with only 4 American games to get. Here is a list of the games I'm looking for. If anybody knows a place to get Japanese Virtual Boy games let me know, I'd be very interested in checking it out (Obviously eBay, that doesn't count). Also if anybody knows where I can get the American games I'm missing cheap that would be cool too.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 09:54:40 AM »
For the record.  I enjoyed Mario Clash or was it Crash.  Definitely Mario Tennis (The Best Version period).  Red Alarm and Teleroboxers.  Props to anyone who can make the perfect run to get to the true last boss.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 09:56:08 AM »
BLAST FROM DA PAST
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.