Author Topic: HULA HOOPS Tournament. The last round has arrived!  (Read 41119 times)

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
Re: HULA HOOPS Tournament. Round one and two have begun!
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 09:22:25 PM »
I beat ParyBear for my round two fight
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 09:36:45 PM »
I don't mean to sound like a sore loser, because I mean no ill to Armak for winning fair and square, but there's just no way to say this next bit without sounding like a whiny baby.  I am apparently absolutely incapable of adjusting to lag, and I am about ready to just stop trying.  I hope you win, Ceric, because then I'll be out of this mess before I embarrass myself any further.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 12:25:53 AM »
I lost against DAaaMan64, 2-0. Some wierd connection issue happened during our second match, so unfortunately we had to redo a second match.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 12:29:26 AM by Caliban »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 11:15:10 AM »
Yeah there was a misunderstanding. I didn't join the tournament. What I posted was: "I'd love to join, but my FC is broken".

So basically I can't play.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 11:25:44 AM »
I'll try and add you today Dasmos and see if I have any luck.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »
I don't mean to sound like a sore loser, because I mean no ill to Armak for winning fair and square, but there's just no way to say this next bit without sounding like a whiny baby.  I am apparently absolutely incapable of adjusting to lag, and I am about ready to just stop trying.  I hope you win, Ceric, because then I'll be out of this mess before I embarrass myself any further.

I'd recommend using Ike. He seems to suffer the least from lag of any character.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »
Alright, I slaughtered Pale, so that's a win for me.

Offline Armak88

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 02:20:51 PM »
I'm waiting for EasyCure to come on for our round 1, does anyone else want to go a few for fun?
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 03:11:11 PM »
Pale, I tried without luck to add Dasmos. It says "The Friend Code you entered is Incorrect" or something to that order.

Also, S_B took down both my Pikachu in round 1 and my Kirby in round 2.

HELLO CONSOLATION BRACKET, HERE I COME.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
Alright, Vudu's had the snot beat out of him.

Time to update the scoreboard.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 03:25:12 PM »
Hey, I got beat down pretty soundly (at least in the second match), but it would've been cool to just do 3:00 min time matches instead, so we could have recorded them and then seen each other playing. It could've been like a shortened version of the playoffs or something. With stock, though, there's no guarantee that the match will be short enough.

Just my two cents.
Twitter

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
Alright, Vudu's had the snot beat out of him.

Thatguy's lying.  I totally kicked his ass.  At least I would have if he didn't get three goddamn smash balls in the first match.  WTF.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »
Regardless, I beat you the next match, the one after that, and one or two after that.

You just suck at getting smash balls, plain and simple.  It's not like the IC's FS really does anything, anyways.

Offline Armak88

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 04:02:25 PM »
I beat EasyCure in a melee stage extravaganza.

Big blue is lame.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »
Also, S_B took down both my Pikachu in round 1 and my Kirby in round 2.

That first match was insanely close.

The Kid Icarus level is about the worst Bowser level, and nearly tied is the 75m stage. If folks here have seen the 300, remember the scene of the war elephants slipping on bodies and falling off the cliff and that's basically Bowser on those stages.

I'm probably going to regret saying that now, as everyone will pick those stages when facing me, heh.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2008, 06:30:07 PM »
I'm probably going to regret saying that now, as everyone will pick those stages when facing me, heh.

Tourney rules state that levels are to be randomly selected.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »
That first match was insanely close.

The Kid Icarus level is about the worst Bowser level, and nearly tied is the 75m stage. If folks here have seen the 300, remember the scene of the war elephants slipping on bodies and falling off the cliff and that's basically Bowser on those stages.

Hey, and don't blame the stage, give me some credit - I was doing well that first round.:P I had you down to one stock, with three stock left myself, and then the inability to recover began. I actually missile-headbutteded myself FURTHER from the stage one time as I tried to get back, and then of course didn't make it back at all. I bet you got some laughs out of that - your "Doh!" taunt is very fitting:) For me, it was more "GAH, NO PIKA, WHY?!"

For the next match, though Pikachu's my main, I decided to choose Kirby because the 'chu's recovery had been so hit-or-miss in the previous match... but when you can't land a blow, it doesn't matter how many times you get back to the stage, I suppose.

Nice matches, btw, your Bowser is really strong.
Twitter

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2008, 07:12:23 PM »
I won't be able to do my matches. Baby is coming.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »
Alright.  Congrats!  I'll just remove you from the tournament, then.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2008, 09:19:05 PM »
Yay for Ceric's newborn, and awww for me not to be able to play against him.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2008, 09:58:24 PM »
Wow, dude. I guess we won't see you around for awhile:) But when you get back, put up some pics of Mini-Ceric.
Twitter

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »
I hope everything goes well, Ceric.  Not the way I wanted to survive the opening rounds, really.  I still hope to get to play you eventually.

I'd recommend using Ike. He seems to suffer the least from lag of any character.

It's a shame I'm terrible with Ike offline, then.  If it didn't take three years to get a random match, I'd be able to practice more and maybe get over my problem.  Since I think I sounded even worse in that whiny post now than I thought I did when I wrote it, let me just say that Armak played very well and probably would have won regardless.  I just get frustrated when I don't feel like I played my best, win or lose.  You can ask my local Smash buddy, who gets exasperated with me getting angry when I'm beating him by 10 KOs.  It just irks me because I know I can beat him by 15.  ;)

Offline Armak88

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2008, 11:49:43 PM »
Faster characters are harder to play as in laggy fights. Their moves come out fast but the hit "window", if you will, is much shorter. The larger characters attacks might be slow but because their animations are longer they are easier to land in a lag filled match where your timing is skewed.

I have a friend who plays Ike and beats me online, but when we play locally I usually beat him. Ike is ideal in a laggy match because his attacks are long lasting, hard hitting and have huge range.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2008, 01:00:48 AM »
Not anymore.  There was originally an odd number of players.

Lies! I see byes!