Author Topic: The economy, where are we going next?  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
The economy, where are we going next?
« on: December 03, 2003, 03:34:47 AM »
If you live in America, especially Minnesota, the economy is pretty bad right now, and the job market is not doing well at all.  Do you think part of the reason this is going on because on september 11th?  Or was the choice of our president the wrong decision?  Also, I thought the millenium would have extreme changes, everything seems the same except with a 2 in front.  What do you think will happen to our economy?  What would you do to solve this problem?
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: The economy, where are we going next?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 04:00:49 AM »
The economy has zero to do with terrorist or military activities. People don't stop buying hamburgers just because some people died five hundred miles away. The job market is shrinking because efficiency increases, less workers are required to do the same work. Soon communism will be the best choice for economy, simply because maybe 10% of the people have jobs.

You live in the US? Boy, you have no reason to complain about the job market. We have over 10 percent unemployment here in Germany. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics you have about 6%.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 04:40:20 AM »
The US economy, even though it is showing hope at the moment, is still in big trouble, and trust me, the problem is going to get much worse before it gets better.
Expect the Nasdaq, to be in the toilet for another 10 years (yes I said ten years) , it IMO has not even hit its true bottom yet. The DOW may fair a bit better but it will still be considered a bear market for the same amount of time.

This is all good news for guys like me, bonds, bonds and more bonds.

Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 05:31:29 AM »
Political discussions are not allowed.  Swordsplay, you need to chill out on making so many threads.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers