Author Topic: tribute to the great jfk  (Read 9620 times)

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:tribute to the great jfk
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2003, 11:21:51 AM »
So what, if you bring any person from the past they aren't going to have standards equal to ours.  You just can't say well 140 years ago he was a good person, but if he had the exact same beliefs he had then and he was magically whisked away to the future, he would be wrong.

Well gee, why don't we go 140 years in the future and see how our stances on issues are similar to the people then.  I'm more than sure we would be considered absolutely brutish.

Offline twinkletoes

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2003, 01:35:38 PM »
I guess I agree with you manunited.

YOU HAVE SHOWN ME THE LIGHT! lol
Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.

Do fish ever get thirsty? If you stick a sticker on a non stick pan would it stick? Why does it say on childrens tylenol not to operate heavy machinery or vehicles when they are just kids!?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2003, 01:49:13 PM »
Abe Lincoln merely used the antislavery ploy to get more people to join the war cause.  He may have very well been racist, but I have no proof.  You can never have proof of someone's opinion.  And opinions change, too.  Who knows what Lincoln was like?
JFK, I believe, does not deserve most of the splendor he receives.  I don't know why everyone assumes that the President is responsible for everything that happens in the country. . . he usually just gives the okay, so it's hardly his fault if it fails or his accomplishment if he succeeds.  Sure, JFK okayed some okay plans, but he undoubtedly screwed quite a few over as well.  The only one I know of offhand was the Bay of Pigs operation. . . something to do with Cuba, I think perhaps a coup d'etat of Castro.  Anyway, the CIA botched it and pissed off the Cubans, and I think that was the cause of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
He was an average President at best. . . most of them are.
I hate politics.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2003, 04:20:07 PM »

The president, or any other leader of a nation, should always be truthful to the public.

Don't be so naive.  That is not how politics work.  

JFK, I believe, does not deserve most of the splendor he receives. I don't know why everyone assumes that the President is responsible for everything that happens in the country. . . he usually just gives the okay, so it's hardly his fault if it fails or his accomplishment if he succeeds.

For the most part, JFK stood up for his convictions, and thats one of the reasons he is gone.  He took on taboo issues, like the mafia, who the CIA and even his own father were involved with.  When he , and later to a larger extent, his brother Robert, started talking about organized crime, many in politics and the underworld knew they had to get rid of him.  And thats what they did.  You don't get assassinated for toeing the company line.  Start reading up on why people give him so much respect, despite his short comings before you judge him.  If you saw footage of the funeral, how many people from out of state drove there, and how many people were affected by him, you may change your mind.  That never happened prior, nor will it ever happen again.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2003, 04:35:53 PM »
As far as I know, the Mafia is as strong as it ever was today.  I'm assuming that he did not do that much to change organized crime, and as a President, taking a stand is not enough.  It's a leaders position to act.  Hippies can protest.

I'm not saying, however, that he did not deserve some respect.  Simply the position of President should earn some respect, and he definitely wasn't the worst we've ever had.  But I don't believe that he deserves any more recognition than the next man.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline twinkletoes

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2003, 04:43:27 PM »
I think this thread is becoming quite pointless now.

Do fish ever get thirsty? If you stick a sticker on a non stick pan would it stick? Why does it say on childrens tylenol not to operate heavy machinery or vehicles when they are just kids!?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2003, 04:44:32 PM »
I actually thought it was rather pointless to begin with. . . arguing about a man that's been dead for over 30 years.  Don't know why I bothered, really. . .

Offline twinkletoes

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2003, 04:52:28 PM »
I don't know why I started either....quite stupid of me.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2003, 04:58:05 PM »
Yeah, that was pretty stupid of you.  Moron.

Offline twinkletoes

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2003, 05:27:43 PM »
So true *sigh*

But if it was stupid of me, then it was stupid of you.