Author Topic: Do I need a new modem or what?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Do I need a new modem or what?
« on: April 25, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »
Ok here is the deal for no reason at all my computer won't let me connect to the internet. Sometimes it will still be connected say if I am downloading but when I try to go online in a browser, and it never matters what browser they all do it, it won't connect at all even though there is Internet. I turn off my Firewalls, I repair my connection, I release the IP and get everything all going again and nothing. No internet. The only thing that ever works is if I shut down the computer and when it restarts it's good to go but sometimes it works for days and sometimes it won't work at all but everytime I restart it works fine.

I tried hooking up just the modem thinking it was the router, but it still loses internet for no reason at all. It isn't just my computer either, sometimes my moms won't connect nor will my brothers either but the Wii never has the problem. Weird. So I am wondering if I just need to replace my router or my modem or both? Should I play it safe and just replace everything or is there a way I can pinpoint what is causing this. It's driving me nuts how my computer will be online all day long downloading but when I try and surf the net, it won't connect to anything.

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"