Author Topic: Five N64 Games That Should Make a Virtual Console Appearance  (Read 10485 times)

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Five N64 Games That Should Make a Virtual Console Appearance
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 01:27:53 PM »
The only reason I haven't yet bought Ogre Battle (either SNES or 64) is I don't have any Classic Controllers. Therefore, if they bring one of the 2 to the Wii U VC I'll buy it for sure as I'd love to give them a try. If I'd have known about them as a kid I'm sure I would have given it a try but I was clueless

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 07:23:48 PM »
Pilotwings, s'il vous plait
Oui, Mon Gars!

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 08:11:18 PM »
Pilotwings 64, to me, is the biggest question mark on the Wii VC. First party game, reasonably popular, with no apparent technical or legal hurdles to overcome, and yet it never came out.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »
I adored that game. Going into the birdman mode and just flying around exploring the USA was a zen-like experience for me.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Zulehan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 02:51:36 AM »
If Mario Party 2 were released on the Wii U virtual console, I only see myself getting it with support of pro controllers and the gamepad, as I would not buy extra classic controllers (with the obligatory extra wii remotes for them) just to play the game on there.

I only own Super Mario 64 of the available N64 games on Wii U, but it supports all those types of controllers, so I assume any other games would as well. Now if we could just get GameCube adapter support, then we'd really be in business.

That is reassuring; thank you.

I would like Mario Party 4, but at the moment I assume it unlikely since that was a GC game, and seems Nintendo is not releasing those onto the eShop. But Mario Party 2 seems a possibility as an N64 game. Really hoping.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:04:10 PM by NWR_insanolord »

Offline Zulehan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 02:52:54 AM »
Sorry; have not gotten used to this forum yet, and seem to have bungled up the quoting.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
Yeah, it can be tricky sometimes. I switched it around for you to what it looked like it was supposed to be, if I got it wrong let me know.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 05:09:37 PM »
Pilotwings 64, to me, is the biggest question mark on the Wii VC. First party game, reasonably popular, with no apparent technical or legal hurdles to overcome, and yet it never came out.
I always assumed there was some technical hurdle they weren't willing to invest resources to overcome. I thought I read or heard that somewhere in the distant past but I couldn't cite where and the commenter may have just been full o' beans anyway.
Oui, Mon Gars!