Author Topic: Wii U & GamePad Specs Detailed  (Read 8354 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U & GamePad Specs Detailed
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »
In all fairness, you might be able to play GamePad games with the GamePad tethered to the console via USB charging cable.  Depending on how long the cable is (and if it isn't long enough, there will be a 3rd party cord that is, judging by the 3rd party PS3 USB cables), the GamePad's battery might never be an issue.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »
In all fairness, you might be able to play GamePad games with the GamePad tethered to the console via USB charging cable.  Depending on how long the cable is (and if it isn't long enough, there will be a 3rd party cord that is, judging by the 3rd party PS3 USB cables), the GamePad's battery might never be an issue.

I hate the short cord on the PS3 but I like how you can still play even if the battery is dead.  I would hope Nintendo would have a similar setup.  They pretty much have to.  Otherwise you have to stop playing and wait for the thing to recharge?  No way would they release something like that.  Let's hope for a long cord.

I just hope this and the 3DS is just the unfortunate reality of Nintendo providing these products at the price they are.  I hope that they do still consider battery life important and it just didn't work out this time.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »
They had better battery life back when their focus was more on the sort of gamers that would conceivably spend an entire Saturday playing a videogame.

They also had better battery life when they were able to get away with much MUCH less advanced hardware. I mean, just look at how long they were able to resist adding backlights to their handhelds in those days!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 04:56:54 PM »
I just hope this and the 3DS is just the unfortunate reality of Nintendo providing these products at the price they are.  I hope that they do still consider battery life important and it just didn't work out this time.
This is the part I'm not terribly convinced of. Like you, I hope this is a case of it just not working out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
In all fairness, you might be able to play GamePad games with the GamePad tethered to the console via USB charging cable.

From the article: "can recharge while being used." So you can recharge the Wii U GamePad while still using it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Twlovelife

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
What is the specs on the Wii U Game Pad, I own a PS Vita, does it have similar or better specs?
How does it perform as a stand alone device. I purchased the Vita, because Ilike hard core games, if I want to play a casual game I could that on a smart phone. I would buy a Wii U if the vame pad is powerful and independent as the PS Vita.
Smart phones make low end handhelds obsolete, I hope the Wii U Game Pad is equal or better than the Vita.
I love the Vita but I want options other than Ipad and Vita for console quality hard core gaming screw the 3DS.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:45:46 PM by Twlovelife »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »
What is the specs on the Wii U Game Pad, I own a PS Vita, does it have similar or better specs?
How does it perform as a stand alone device. I purchased the Vita, because Ilike hard core games, if I want to play a casual game I could that on a smart phone. I would buy a Wii U if the vame pad is powerful and independent as the PS Vita.
Smart phones make low end handhelds obsolete, I hope the Wii U Game Pad is equal or better than the Vita.
I love the Vita but I want options other than Ipad and Vita for console quality hard core gaming screw the 3DS.
Game Pad has no Processing power of its own.  Its driven purely from the Wii U.
It doesn't perform as a Stand Alone Device.
If you are considering the iPad "console quality hard core gaming" You probably should consider the 3DS.  That is unless Monster Hunter and Resident Evil aren't Hardcore enough for you.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.