Author Topic: Portable Screen for your GBA................. this is just rediculous.  (Read 1886 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
I don't know who would want to go through all the trouble to do this, but this has got to eat up a wjhole pack of batteries really quick.

Actually I'm not too sure how portable thiis thing really is, but I wouldn't be travelling with this device strapped to my back.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Link?  Picture?  Still the concept sounds f*cking ridiculous.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
sorry I forgot to put the link in the post

Here It Is  

Basically they took a PSOne screen attachment and some other hardware and connected it up to the GBA.
Now it no longer looks portable (won't fit in you pocket), and probably takes a car battery to operate it.

I have also seen pictures of it with a seperate controller attached to the unit as well. Making for a very unportable portable.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Interesting....contraption. Its just a little late; it would've made a quirky alternative to the afterburner. Also would've undermined the Game Boy Player too....

Since there's no price, I'm guessing its more expensive than its worth. Might as well pick an SP. Though it'd be funny to play it in S-video and try to search for improved image quality.

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
I'd rather take th screen and battery pack for the cube.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
This has actually been around on the net since before the afterburner and SP if i'm not mistaken.  It never really had a price, just some guy being silly with some wires.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
so this will be compatible with DS games right?  Just need to add an arm 9 processor and a few other pieces of hardware.