Author Topic: Another Code Games, Including Wii Title Unreleased In North America, Being Remade For January Launch  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

OK, I want to see proof of anyone who had this on the bingo card in the Talkback.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/64844/another-code-games-including-wii-title-unreleased-in-north-america-being-remade-for-january-launch

A pair of adventure titles from the late 2000s are coming out of nowhere for a Switch rescue.

"Another Code: Recollection" is a Switch remaster of Another Code: Two Memories (or "Trace Memory" in North America) and Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories (never released in NA), the 2005 and 2009 adventure titles developed by the late developer Cing. Recollections will launch on January 19.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Lots of a remakes in this Direct, which strongly suggests that the Switch 2 rumours have some weight to them.  Obviously it's easier to fill the backend of a the Switch release schedule with remakes while resources are put towards upcoming Switch 2 games.

But this is one I'm quite interested in because the sequel was never released in North America and I would like to try it out.  Though I probably will wait for a sale of some sort if I can.  The first game was ridiculously short and thankfully I had bought it used for a low price, years after the 3DS had come out.  It was fun but I would have felt cheated if I paid full price.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Interesting.

I *loved* Trace Memory so much that I bought and soft-modded a second Wii to import Another Code: R and play.  ACR was... okay.  Not the strongest game.

But... Hotel Dusk and Last Window... now *those* are two games that deserve a wider audience. And I think Last Window is kinda pricey to get now.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Really looking forward to this. I just bought Trace Memory last year, didn't mod my Wii/Wii U to play the second so it's nice to get Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories as well.

The cover art is gorgeous. It's brand new art from Taisuke Kanasaki, the director and character designer of the original.

But... Hotel Dusk and Last Window... now *those* are two games that deserve a wider audience. And I think Last Window is kinda pricey to get now.
I've been trying to snag Last Window: The Secret of Cape West for a couple years now, and you're absolutely right. The lowest I've seen it was for $74, and I don't believe it included shipping. I couldn't justify it. If Nintendo is remaking Cing games, I hope these are next.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 02:35:10 PM by Adrock »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I'll probably pick up the AC pack, even though ACR wasn't my favorite just to show support for possibly getting a Hotel Dusk/Last Window collection.  I was fortunate enough to grab Last Window early, at some point I decided NOA wasn't bringing it over and just bit.  Glad I did, but would definitely replay it on Switch. 
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Even though I wasn't that interested in either game back in the day, I might pick this up on sale in the future.  The most exciting part is hopefully other lesser known Wii and DS games getting remakes now.  I'd love to see a Pandora's Tower remake or remaster, especially since the North American Wii versions have that terrible bug that will cause the game to freeze at the end.  Maybe Disaster: Day of Crisis might finally come out as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Captain Rainbow?

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
These are two of my favourite DS and Wii games. Im so happy they are getting a remake. With the developer shutting down a long time ago, I never thought we would get another game in the series.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Captain Rainbow?

Which has a greater chance of coming to America? Mother 3 or Captain Rainbow? The race is on!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Interesting.

I *loved* Trace Memory so much that I bought and soft-modded a second Wii to import Another Code: R and play.  ACR was... okay.  Not the strongest game.

First Famicom Detective Club. Now Another Code (Trace Memory). Thank you Switch for making Nintendo start digging deep through their library and needing more ports to feed the library. Hoping for that backwards compatability on Switch 2 to further keep them digging up rarities like this. Hoping you are not only right UncleBob but Nintendo goes even crazier and makes a new game to add with Hotel Dusk and Last Window to make a Kyle Hyde trilogy!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.