Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1169508 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4025 on: April 26, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »
I await the post Endgame analysis of Thanos' Mad (not that i read most of the current analysis, but curious to see if anything changes. LOL) plan.
UncleBob left the chat, however I’m currently here:

I didn't leave the chat.  I'm just done with *that* individual aspect of it. :D

>1. I loved Infinity War but had a few issues with the writing. Thanos’ plan is bad because it doesn’t accomplish his goal.

It kinda does.  His goal was to destroy half of all life to prove he was right.  He *said* it was about bringing balance to the universe, but, in reality, he just wanted to prove he was right - and there was really only one way to accomplish that.  To bring it back to Walter White, he said it was about providing for his family.  And, at first, to some small extent, it was - But even though he went 5.9 seasons saying it was about his family, it wasn't.  It was about him being in control - and it was from the very beginning.  Same with Thanos. His solution may have worked for Titan.  If he is to be believed (and the narritive we're given is that he is), his plan has worked on at least one planet prior.  But, it isn't about balance, it's about proving to everyone and the universe that #ThanosWasRight.

>2. I am willing to wait until Saturday to see if my opinion changes post-Endgame. Still, I’m skeptical of a sequel being used to correct the failures of its predecessor.

It won't and doesn't try to.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: April 26, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »
I think the Occam's Razor to the problem with the plan of Thanos is: Thanos is a crazy villain. Logic doesn't play a role. He's a purple Lord Zedd.

His winning was incredibly satisfying.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: April 26, 2019, 08:03:44 PM »
Oh no!  Don't call him *crazy*.  That's insulting to people with legitimate mental illnesses.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: April 26, 2019, 08:07:14 PM »
It kinda does.  His goal was to destroy half of all life to prove he was right.  He *said* it was about bringing balance to the universe, but, in reality, he just wanted to prove he was right - and there was really only one way to accomplish that.
It kind of does but doesn’t. Like I said earlier, it almost does. Destroying half of all living beings wasn’t Thanos’ goal; it was the means to achieve his goal. ”This universe is finite, its resources, finite. If life is left unchecked, life will cease to exist. It needs correcting.” Sure, he wants to justify his beliefs and prove he’s right. Killing half of all life doesn’t get him there. On Earth, he saves a generation. Maybe on other planets he saves more or saves less. This is a problem with the writing or a weird adherence to the source material despite how much they changed. Specifically erasing half of all living beings from existence isn’t the important part; collecting the Infinity Stones so that he can snap his fingers to erase X amount of all living beings from existence is.
I think the Occam's Razor to the problem with the plan of Thanos is: Thanos is a crazy villain. Logic doesn't play a role. He's a purple Lord Zedd.

His winning was incredibly satisfying.
Marvel really played down the “Mad Titan” thing in the MCU. Josh Brolin plays him straight. The writers and directors applied logic. They changed Thanos’ motivations; they changed his personality in an attempt to make him empathetic. They really believe they succeeded too. Thanos’ counterpart in Infinity Gauntlet is a straight up comic book villain with comic book villain motivations. The “Mad Titan” title fit a bit more yet his plan actually is logical for his purposes. If one wants to impress Death, genocide on a cosmic level might do it.

That said, claiming MCU Thanos is merely “crazy” to hand wave away bad math doesn’t really work here because Marvel did everything to make him deeper than that. It just didn’t go far enough in either direction which is why his plan sucks. He isn’t decent enough to be truly empathetic, and he isn’t crazy enough to be The Mad Titan. If Marvel wanted this specific motivation to work, he would have to kill more people. At the same time, that didn’t have to be his motivation.
Oh no!  Don't call him *crazy*.  That's insulting to people with legitimate mental illnesses.
Don’t be an asshole. You’re better than this.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:35:09 PM by Adrock »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: April 26, 2019, 10:18:25 PM »
>Destroying half of all living beings wasn’t Thanos’ goal; it was the means to achieve his goal. ”This universe is finite, its resources, finite. If life is left unchecked, life will cease to exist. It needs correcting.” Sure, he wants to justify his beliefs and prove he’s right. Killing half of all life doesn’t get him there.

We have to disagree here.

IMHO, Proving he was right was his goal, fullstop.

His homeworld was decimated.  He fought with much conviction to go through with his plan and was outright dismissed (probably called "crazy" and ostracized by his entire planet, then forced to watch it die), likely with the same arguments you're making (which, for the record, there is not a consensus on what would happen and taking the population from the 70s as an example isn't really a good idea).

And while he floats in his chair and goes on long monologues about restoring balance, it's easy to get side tracked and believe that's really his goal (and why he likely ends up with an army of religious fanatics following him, because it's be harder to get them to follow you based off the idea of "Hey, help me prove to the universe that I was right!"), but it's not.  He's an egomaniac obsessed with being right and proving it.  This is what you really get from his speeches.

There is literally only one way to definitively prove you're right in this situation - and that's to do it.  Getting the stones and doing the snap were all a means to his goal of proving he's right.  Now, his plan may fail and may not prove him right (I believe it would have varied from planet to planet.  We know that, in spite of your analysis, Zen-Whoberi went from a dying civilization to thriving paradise), but there is literally no other way to get to this point.

*edit* - To expand on this - the question posed by many, including myself originally - was "Why not double the resources?" (or some form of that.  Half the amount of water needed for the human body to survive - hell, eliminate the need for life to actually have water at all.)  There's far easier ways to help life thrive rather than destroying half of all life.  In his ten years or so of seeking the stones (that we know of), don't you think *someone* said "Wait, wait, wait Mr. Thanos.  Look at this chart.  If you get the infinity stones, you could do this, this, and this instead and you'll totally restore balance and make the universe thrive while people will champion you - hell, even HELP you gather the stones!"  If Thanos shows up on Earth and said "Hey, with a snap of my fingers, I can eliminate your need to consume food and water and quadruple the size of your land space with absolutely no side effects!", don't you think we'd be more likely to work with him?  But it wasn't about restoring balance.  We never see him actively trying any other plans to do this.  We never see him consulting scientists on the fallout from these plans.  He made up his mind and he wants to prove he's right, period.

If it was really about restoring balance and he really wasn't crazy, he could have looked into other plans.  Hell, once he had the Time Stone, he could have viewed 14 million different futures and saw 14 million different outcomes.  He didn't want to do that.  He wanted to prove to everyone he was right.  Killing half of all life is the ONLY way to do it.

>Josh Brolin plays him straight.

There are two types of crazy villains.  You have the Joker.  He's crazy for the sake of being crazy and he'll admit tomit (unless he's giving a speech about being the only same person in a crazy world).

Then, you have the ones that every sane person is like "yeah, that dude's crazy af.", but the villain just does not see themself as crazy.  They're justified by whatever their doing based off whatever logic they're using to justify their position.

Think of it this way:  If someone said "Man, today is a great day to WIPE OUT THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE.", virtually any same person would think that's a crazy person.  But look at Magneto as a character.  At various points, under various writers, he'd be happy to kill every human and let the mutants inherit the earth.  But he's not generally classified as crazy-tier villain.  If you wrote a comic where Magneto and The Joker teamed up, the story would feel so forced and convoluted because they're just two different types of villains.  But they're both crazy.

*Anyone* who wants to indiscriminately wipe out half of all life in the universe is going to fall under the "crazy" flag, no matter if they show up to your dinner party in a suit and tie discussing the article he just read in the New Yorker.

>Don’t be an asshole.

Glad we agree there.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:29:30 PM by UncleBob »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: April 27, 2019, 02:21:29 AM »
When I bought Infinity gauntlet years ago in 4th grade I didn't read Thanos as a Joker type. Though it was impossible for me to follow at the time.

He's more like a bear or a cougar. You don't want to mess him him. He'll eat you and maul you. He's a force of nature. He has motivations and emotions, but they're not the equivalent of a human. There are actually tigers that plan revenge.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: April 27, 2019, 02:53:54 AM »
Yeah, Thanos isn't the Joker-type villain.  I guess, really, he's somewhere in between.

Let's Batman this.  You capture Thanos and he gets locked away.  Blackgate Penitentiary (with some extra Bane-esque security features) or Arkham Asylum?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: April 27, 2019, 05:40:08 AM »
Neither as they are false choices, there are more than 2. Magneto isn't insane in context. Magneto unlike Thanos has a bedrock event, the Holocaust. We see this briefly but because of various cultural osmosis the writers don't have to go to the showers to get the message across. His plan is horrific, very emotionally driven but there is a certain logic to it, a WHY. We know what the consequences are if he doesn't act and why that could very well come to pass.

Thanos lacks context, WHY, HOW, WHAT. That difference makes Magneto a great villain and Thanos a Grimace.

Even if Thanos's plan was a circular plan to prove himself right, what was it meant to prove right? Balance what balance? Restoring it to what state? If he was right in an instance why don't we see what he was right about on Zen-Whoberi or whatever? Before he murders half the planet the place seemed pretty alright, how was it better afterwards?

Time after time the film makers undercut themselves. Boiling it down Thanos wants to kill half the universe because???? Writers didn't commit to anything or give you anything to work with. Like Adrock said they didn't go far enough. Add the laughable attempts to get us to relate to him, throw in the soul stone absurdity. IW Thanos doesn't work. That's why you have been jumping from one under baked explanation to another with none being satisfying or making any sense.

One of Marvel's double edge strengths is that it does try very hard to avoid introspection to be "Safe", not say anything. Be all the punchman it can be. This is impossible task of course so this leads to every Marvel movie committing to nothing.

Captain America's greatest scenes was him selling war bonds which was one of his original purpose. They don't want to talk about WW2 or fight Hitler so they toss in Hydra, the socially accepted not-NAZI.

Winter Soldier couple have easily been a spy thriller, a look at the surveillance state, big data, pre-crime, geopolitical limitations. We can't can't any of that so it was Hydra. The most interesting part would have been Black Widow doing her spy stuff and facing the congressional panel cleaning up the mess, but we can't have any of that so she is a glorified sidekick.

Civil War. Because we really don't know the text of the accord nor do they state their objections or make an argument they commit to nothing and by the end of the movie nothing is resolved.

Ultron, kill people because. Tony and Banner become really stupid.

Black Panther. African nation uses spears to fight and ritual death fights to determine it's political power structure. This avoids actual political struggles and examining the nature of racism other than to call Watson a coloniser(tbf it's funny). Villain's goal was a black uprising but only had a couple crates of weapons no one else could recreate as they hold almost all the material needed. Villain is right but all he gets is some community centres.

Iron Man briefly wants to end war and the military industrial complex.

It doesn't have to be hard commentary and care certainly needs to be taken, but the lack of any commitment means their villains are always going to come off poorly written. The bigger their goals the worse they are written. All our characters disconnected to the world around them.

It's also why we don't have a Black Widow movie as it would reveal the underbelly of government. The muddy grey morality of who she is and those who order her. Her movie would cause too much introspection. Remember, she murders people for a living.

Being a popcorn movie doesn't excuse poor writing.

I await the post Endgame analysis of Thanos' Mad (not that i read most of the current analysis, but curious to see if anything changes. LOL) plan.
UncleBob left the chat, however I’m currently here:

1. I loved Infinity War but had a few issues with the writing. Thanos’ plan is bad because it doesn’t accomplish his goal. It isn’t asking a lot that any story, summer blockbuster or otherwise, adhere to the most basic for character building.
2. I am willing to wait until Saturday to see if my opinion changes post-Endgame. Still, I’m skeptical of a sequel being used to correct the failures of its predecessor.

If the spoilers are of any indication it makes Thanos worse.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: April 27, 2019, 07:39:10 PM »
We have to disagree here.

IMHO, Proving he was right was his goal, fullstop.
1. I'm going by what the filmmakers themselves have said Thanos' motivation and goal are. Then, you previously said: "You want deeply developed villians in your summber popcorn blockbusters.  Good luck and I hope you get what you want in the future.  Maybe you should start an online petition." You don't get to have it both ways. You don't get to ignore the filmmakers' own words and mock others for wanting the basics of protagonist character building then turn around and say Thanos' real motivation is primarily, if not all subtext. I don't believe for a second that the filmmakers went full-Great Gatsby when making Infinity War. I don't really see a scenario in which the filmmakers decided they weren't going to develop Thanos as a character then make his motivation chock full of subtext.

2. Nothing you say here really changes if Marvel ran some numbers and realized the math doesn't work. The numbers didn't matter in Infinity Gauntlet because to get senpai to notice him, Thanos only needed to kill on a massive scale. Jim Starlin could have arbitrarily selected any large number and it would have worked within the confines of the plot. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeeley made Thanos' motivation about numbers then proceeded to not check their math.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: April 27, 2019, 07:50:34 PM »
Thanos favorite Earth Movie: The Purge

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4035 on: April 27, 2019, 07:54:41 PM »
Is it overly complex subtext to not just take what the villain says at face value?

Also, again, the math isn't as simple as "that just reduces the population to 1970s levels."  I recommend filling it and reading the many articles out there that have been written by all kinds of experts (or by people who consulted with the experts).  If I get time later, and you want, I might be able to dig some of the more interesting ones up for you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: April 27, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »
Cap mentioned Whales were flourishing

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: April 27, 2019, 08:20:44 PM »
Is it overly complex subtext to not just take what the villain says at face value?
I didn't say it was overly complex. I said the filmmakers have stated what Thanos' motivation and goal is yet for some reason, you're ignoring that.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:28:07 PM by Adrock »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: April 27, 2019, 08:30:13 PM »
đź‘Ś

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: April 27, 2019, 08:42:42 PM »
quotes

Thanos did mention his planet suffered and collapsed. He had recommended that they purge, but they didn't. He's similar to Ganondorf in many ways. Ganondorf's people were struggling in poverty and his final solution was get rid of the Hyrulians. It's weird to think the people in the market square could be the Re-dead. Thanos motivation doesn't sound real, but it's realistic. The holocaust and the Rwandan genocide happened. Thanos is genocidal, but he's not racist.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: April 28, 2019, 07:17:31 AM »
No one is denying genocides happen. It can happen in a limited extent without racism for economic reasons that falls under normal wars where discipline collapses into unrestrained looting and crimes against humanity. Ganondorf is racist af even if his initial motivation is economic, by blaming all Hyrulians that falls under genocide.

We don't know anything about Thanos bedrock event other than what he said and quite frankly I don't believe a word he says as it doesn't check out, vague and evasive. His planet ran out of what? Money? They are FTL capable, advanced technology which would look like magic to us. If their financial system collapsed they would GTFO as economic refugees. A societal collapse so bad it killed everyone except for him? The planet seems perfectly fine except for piles of potential salvage and ripe for colonisation.

The writers couldn't figure a way under their framework to give him any sensible motivation which is fundamental to any character.

It's why trying to get Sempai Death attention as motivation is so easy, it merges logical means to achieve emotional needs. You can understand that in an instant. Instead of a dumbass who couldn't add 1+1, he is a person so madly in unrequited love he will do anything. Love is something we all experience. As Adrock said, numbers don't matter under that scenario. You can commit mass murder without it being about racism. You can bypass the logistical issue by saying he is a tyrant who already had an empire before Sempai.

By avoiding Sempai the writers had dug a hole, buried themselves. They then flooded it by no committing to anything and belittling the audience by banking on we will accept anything they put on the table. It's a fatal flaw that prevents it from being a fully realised movie, closer instead to video game cut scenes, nowhere near being a masterpiece. Without so many movies backing the heroes it would have resembled Justice League.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: April 28, 2019, 11:38:29 AM »
Maybe they weren't FTL capable when it started. Maybe they have very long lifespans. Imagine if a plague wiped out half of Earth right now and for some reason most scientist got lucky and didn't die. There is a good possibility that the remaining people could extend their lifespan to centuries. Those people with expanded lifespans would be the wealthiest large group of people ever. They'd also have their own android slaves.

Or, expanding the lifespan of people causes an ecosystem collapse because when people don't die that exacerbates overpopulation. There are 7.7 billion people on earth right now. By 2037 there will be 9 billion people. But that is under normal conditions. There is a number of technological advances that could extend the lifespan of people. Unless we start shipping people en masse to the Moon and Mars we're fucked.  Figuring out FTL travel though... That could happen soon or take centuries. If you can live like a vampire you have centuries.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: April 28, 2019, 12:43:48 PM »
I wanted to revisit this.

In Infinity War, Thanos claims "Titan was like most planets; too many mouths, not enough to go around." You kill X amount of the population, you only solve that problem for a time before population catches to the point Thanos deemed there to be too many mouths and not enough to go around. Fine. Keep killing half when that happens. It's inefficient, but if that's what he really wants to do, sure. However, Endgame complicates this since Thanos destroys the Infinity Stones making another snap impossible. In Endgame, Thanos says, "The work is done. It will always be done. I am inevitable." How?

After learning the 2023 Avengers are trying to reverse the snap, 2014 Thanos decides he will use the Infinity Stones stolen from his timeline to restart the universe in his vision which is actually a much better plan. If he did that from the start, there probably aren't two movies, or Marvel would have to rework everything. It makes the kill-half-of-all-living-beings plan look even more inadequate than it already did.
We don't know anything about Thanos bedrock event other than what he said and quite frankly I don't believe a word he says as it doesn't check out, vague and evasive. His planet ran out of what? Money? They are FTL capable, advanced technology which would look like magic to us. If their financial system collapsed they would GTFO as economic refugees. A societal collapse so bad it killed everyone except for him? The planet seems perfectly fine except for piles of potential salvage and ripe for colonisation.
1. Thanos tells Gamora, "I never taught you to lie. That's why you're so bad at it." Then, at the beginning of Endgame, Thanos tells the Avengers he destroyed the Infinity Stones. When they accuse him of lying, Nebula tells them he doesn't lie. That said, the audience is urged to believe Thanos as an honest figure despite his innumerable evil deeds. Fine. I buy it. The problem is that doesn't address what he perceives as true such as killing half of Titan would have saved it except:

2. On Titan, Star-Lord says something like, "What the hell happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Its gravitational pull is all over the place." Is that what led to the fall Titan's people? Are these things related? I don't know how killing half the population on Titan would have affected its gravity or axis. If they aren't related, Chekov's Gun is just tossed out the window. Don't mention that unless it's relevant.

I'm somewhere in the middle. Not everything needs to be spoon fed to the audience and I'm okay with that to a point, but some of the writing that isn't spoon fed is still problematic.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: April 28, 2019, 01:33:45 PM »
The eco-system doesn't matter if you have that much technology and such a total collapse just doesn't happen without an external extinction event. They had anti-gravity which means they could have gotten their asses to their proverbial Mars or just live in orbit. The planet is fine, they are standing on it, plenty of junk, no hellscape. FTL now or later doesn't change the fact they would have the technology to survive without it. Making food isn't hard. Life span doesn't factor into as it is about birth rates which change to fit the conditions.

Then there are the logistical problems of Thanos gathering his force for his killing spree after he got off a planet that impoverished.

Look at it like this, compare the length, the hoops you have to jump through and still ultimately fail to justify the plot with none of that in the text of the movie. The writers simply didn't have a workable story, they did this to themselves.

Seriously, the movie's "Solution" to poverty is by killing half the people. WTF.

As for Thanos never lying, utter bs. He goes around punking people with the reality stone. He is plenty capable of deception.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: April 28, 2019, 02:11:17 PM »
As for Thanos never lying, utter bs. He goes around punking people with the reality stone. He is plenty capable of deception.
That’s fair. Granted, he does this once in Infinity War specifically to check if Gamora “still cared.” I understand the purpose of using the Reality Stone in that scene. Otherwise, he’s meant to be taken at his word. Nebula was someone within Thanos’ inner circle who had insight into whether he was bluffing. I buy it, but I understand your skepticism.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: April 28, 2019, 03:23:26 PM »
I think part of Thanos' plan has to deal with the population at large taking for granted the opportunity they have at life to be more than the ungrateful consumers of all resources around the universe.

To kill off half the universe should make the other half feel grateful to have survived, and then thrive as a species to be better than what they once were.
That is something that doesn't get solved by simply doubling the resources of the universe, as that allows the already ungrateful population to just double up on consumption and continue the current destructive ways without consequence.

To speak any further requires spoiler tags, and that's too much work from my phone. But you kinda mentioned it in your post above.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 03:25:12 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: April 28, 2019, 03:54:21 PM »
To kill off half the universe should make the other half feel grateful to have survived, and then thrive as a species to be better than what they once were.
So like the ending of Saw?
To speak any further requires spoiler tags, and that's too much work from my phone. But you kinda mentioned it in your post above.
I’d still like to hear the rest of your take when/if you get to a computer.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: April 28, 2019, 07:08:56 PM »
In an attempt to complete my previous thought in the prior post.....

In Endgame *SPOILER DISCUSSION AHEAD*

[Spoiler Thread Link] https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=49895.msg949965#msg949965 [/Spoiler Thread Link]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: April 30, 2019, 12:26:10 PM »
Looks like Thunderbolts might actually become a thing.... wonder if Gunn is still gonna direct?

and for the record this guy had plenty to say about Endgame months before it came out.
Quote from: Endgame SPOILERS - DO NOT HIGHLIGHT UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN ENDGAME

In Ragnarok Thor lost a lot of things but what he loses in Avengers 4 is unexpected. He loses his figure, expect him to look a bit like his old friend Volstagg.

Avengers 4 will feature the very FIRST character switching from TV to film, and that man is none other than James D'Arcy's Edwin Jarvis.

Robert Redford is another returning face to Avengers 4. He will share scenes with Tony Stark and everybody's favorite trickster Loki, Scott Lang is also there but in typical fashion, REALLY messes up. Big time

Chris Evans gets a chance to play a completely different Steve Rogers in Avengers 4. HAIL HYDRA!

In Avengers 4 Thanos meets his end when Thor finally takes his advice from the previous film. No going forward with this character.

Brock Rumlow and Jack Rollins return in Avengers 4 in a recreation style scene of the famous elevator scene in Winter Soldier but there's a MAJOR difference in this one.

Stan Lee's cameo in Avengers 4 is at a 1970's car show.

Paydays and future plans for D+ talked here:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-downey-jrs-massive-payday-tops-avengers-endgame-star-deals-1205835?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote from: summary - *Some Endgame Spoilers*
RDJ made 75M from IW and 15M for 3 days of Homecoming filming.
ScarJo gets 20M for starring in and producing the BW solo.
The Chrises made 15-20M for IM + EW per person. Hemsworth is also ready to return for Phase 4.
---
Liz Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan and Jeremy Renner’s TV contracts are separate from their movie deals. All the Disney+ shows will be 6-8 episodes. (Interestingly, no mention of Paul Bettany.)
Unsurprisingly, EG will have a big impact on the Phase 4 stories.
Cumberbatch and Boseman have 1 more movie in their contracts, which will lead into their sequels.
Angelina Jolie will lead Eternals, which shoots this year. Shang Chi will follow.
GOTG3 will shoot in 2020(!). Zoe Saldana will return, along with the other leads.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:57:24 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Ghost Rider and Helstrom headed to HULU in 2020
https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/live-action-ghost-rider-and-helstrom-tv-series-heading-to-hulu-in-2020?linkId=66795246

it appears to be the same GR from AoS TV show- Gabriel Luna