Author Topic: Fez. (XBLA)  (Read 1255 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Fez. (XBLA)
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:35:26 AM »
Fez is awesome. The basic platformy-turny gameplay is already fun and then there's the insane level of secrets piled on top of that. Just be aware that many of the riddles require information gathered from around the game world, you cannot solve them when you first encounter them.

My progress so far is 31 cubes, 14 anti-cubes, four artifacts (none of which I could find a real use for) and two codes decrypted.

Also don't bother decyphering the intro, there's no important information there.

HI THERE HOW ARE YOU
I WILL BE YOUR
HEXAHEDRON TODAY

SO THIS IS JUST A
ROUTINE PROCEDURE
BUT I DO NEED
SOMEONE HERE JUST
IN CASE SOMETHING
GOES WRONG

IF SOMETHING DOES
GO WRONG YOU ARE
GOING TO HAVE TO
CLEAN UP THE MESS

HEY WAIT A MINUTE
CAN YOU EVEN
UNDERSTAND
WHAT i AM SAYING
AND WHAT IS WRONG
WITH YOUR HEAD

OH WELL YOU ARE
HERE NOW MIGHT AS
WELL DO THIS THING
PREPARE TO HAVE
YOUR MIND BLOWN

---

ALL RIGHT
WELCOME TO THE
CLUB ENJOY YOUR
FREE HAT

I KIND OF THOUGHT
MAYBE THIS WOULD
NOT WORK BECAUSE
OF YOUR WEIRD HEAD
BUT EVERYTHING LOOKS
AOK FROM OVER HERE

THANKS FOR THE HAND
YOU CAN GO HOME
NOW IT WAS VERY NICE
TO MEET YOU

(spoiler tagged because cross-referencing the translation would allow learning the code)

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Fez. (XBLA)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »
I like the game quite a bit, but I "finished" it yesterday and came away with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth at the end of things. I eventually broke down and looked up the solutions to the last 10 or so anti-cubes/secrets I couldn't figure out, and I'm glad I did, because there was basically no way I ever would have figured them out aside from blind chance. I didn't bother decoding the alphabet (aside from one of the final secrets, I don't think you need to to solve anything), and from some of the translations posted online there doesn't seem to be much of use. And really, the final three puzzles are basically impossible, the last one literally so from what I'm reading (outside of a horrifying level of brute force). The completionist in me bristled against this designer hubris. 85% of the hard stuff in Fez is doable, probably Riven-level adventure game fare, but the extra rind went too far.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Fez. (XBLA)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 12:32:02 PM »
The thing that's sapping my will right now is the Meat Circus-style room in the virtual boy area.