Author Topic: LG vs Sony  (Read 2531 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
LG vs Sony
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:39:58 AM »
Yeah, LG demanded that the PS3 be banned. That's standard practice in patent lawsuit, EVERYBODY enters a patent lawsuit demanding a ban, they never get one. It's just a pressure method. Trust me, it's going to be settled with a licensing agreement.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: LG vs Sony
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »
Even if the court did ban it the court only has authority over one country. It would be very difficult and time consuming to convince every legal system in the world to ban it (if that would even be possible). Of course the U.S. does represent a sizable chunk of the world's video game market, but its not all of it and probably not even half.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:34:44 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »
Also, remember that Sony sued LG first over Blu-ray tech and phone products, and also asked for a ban. Usually, these cases end up in cross-licensing and a bunch of money for the lawyers.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
They are doing it through the US International Trade Commission, which just deals with importing into the US. They have no authority in commerce of other countries. The only thing they could do in this case is stop the PS3 from being imported into the US.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 06:07:13 PM »
Remember guys, this only pertains to a very specific model of the PS3 (aka the Slim model), so there must have been something added or changed with that specific model that is the problem. If it becomes necessary all Sony will have to do is revise a new model to work around the patent issues. I've been speculating they are already working on a revision anyway.
is your sanity...