Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
"160 million". 🤣

Hey I'm just taking Jim Ryan at his word, even though Sony's own reports have the PS2 at 155 million.  Either way the Switch will still surpass either number by the time it stops selling.  I already said the Wii still sold an extra 2 million after the Wii U came out and that was a system with no support at the end of its life.  The DS managed to sell over 7 million more systems after the 3DS came out and the 3DS sold an extra 13 million after the Switch came out. 

Unless Nintendo outright stops making Switch hardware next year, it's pretty much guaranteed to surpass the PS2 in the next 2-3 years.
Interesting that they would just casually mention this in a shareholder's meeting.  This pretty much means a 2025 Switch 2.  I'm both excited and nervous.  With the Switch Nintendo finally had good third party support again for the first time in 20 years.  But do they know why?

Well yeah, they actually designed the system with third party support in mind.  It's been well documented the Switch hardware was designed to be scalable with all the major game engines at the time of release.  Nintendo was also really aggressive to build up relationships with indie developers going into the launch of the Switch.

Some even speculate one of the reasons Nintendo waited so long to start releasing NES/SNES games was to help indie devs who specialize in retro style games build up a good audience early on, and didn't want there own retro games taking attention from the Indies.

So yeah the Switch good third party support is a direct result of Nintendo designing a system that was at the time easier to design for and went out of their way to build relationships with many smaller devs.

Most of us are hoping for a Switch 2 but Nintendo might double down on Labo instead or something like that.  They're very unpredictable.

Not really.  Outside of the Wii and Wii U, the rest of Nintendo systems have been natural evolutions of its predecessors.  Even the Switch itself is basically a perfection of the idea they had with the Wii U of people playing on TV then playing on the tablet if others want to watch TV.
"160 million". 🤣
Interesting that they would just casually mention this in a shareholder's meeting.  This pretty much means a 2025 Switch 2.  I'm both excited and nervous.  With the Switch Nintendo finally had good third party support again for the first time in 20 years.  But do they know why?  Is the Switch a happy accident or perfect execution of a good plan?  With Nintendo you never know.  Most of us are hoping for a Switch 2 but Nintendo might double down on Labo instead or something like that.  They're very unpredictable.

Though you would think that this announcement of an announcement could hurt Switch system sales.  Obviously you have to announce these things with some time before the launch but you don't want to do it too early.  And this isn't the old days where an announcement like this is largely unknown to the general public beyond hardcore enthusiasts.  This is on social media.  You can assume that the average consumer will be aware of this when they're Christmas shopping this year.
It'll probably depend on Switch hardware sales.  If hardware sales are keep at expectation or surpass them, then they'll probably hold off until early 2025, so they can get on last big holiday season out of the Switch without the general public knowing anything about a successor.

If Switch hardware sales start to sell below exceptions, then I could see them announcing the new system later this year to please shareholders that even though the Switch is selling worse then expected, here's the new system that will turn all that around.
Nintendo Gaming / Re: Boredom and Nintendo
« Last post by Luigi Dude on Today at 12:07:13 PM »
Yep they always have a big Direct in June, as long as something like covid doesn't mess it up like in 2020.  And look at that, Nintendo just announced a big Direct in June this year that will show off the second half of the 2024 Switch games.
Interesting to see they forecast it to pass DS sales. It would be cool if it happens, but now that a new system is official, I think sales will drop like the end of Wii

You do realize they only need to sell over 13 million systems to surpass the DS?  The Wii still sold around 10 million units in 2011, which was the year they first announced the Wii U, and then it still sold around 4 million in 2012, the year the Wii U came out.  The Switch successor is not coming out this year and the Switch software is still selling way better then Wii software was it's second to last year, so the Switch sales for the rest of this year alone have a good chance surpassing the DS.

Plus the Wii still sold 1.22 million units in 2013, over 400k in 2014, and 100k in 2015.  That's over 2 million more Wii's sold after the Wii U came out.  With the Switch guaranteed to have better post life support then the Wii did, the Switch hardware will be guaranteed to sell a lot more then 2 million after it's successor is out.

At this point it is 100% guaranteed the Switch will surpass the DS at 154 million, and still has a good shot of surpassing the PS2 at 160 million.
There goes my prediction  :(
Okay, I just saw the other article  :-X
I didn't think the new system was official. They did not mention it in these results did they?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10