Author Topic: (no title)  (Read 38733 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Shigeru Miyamoto's E3 Roundtable Megaton thread; NEW ZELDA!!!!!!
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2009, 08:30:30 PM »
Maybe a different bug caused the system to crash in SSSV and the rereleased version had the fix, so those don't have the internal system conflict with the ExP.

It was minor differences supposedly. Most of my information in the N64 era came from IGN back when the name IGN was actualy an acronym for something and when they were known as www.n64.com

And games can use extra ram if coded a certain way. I remember a lesson on it in one of my programming classes where we edited the code in an old snake game to work properly on a faster system...now that I think about it, I believe that is a different idea and you are right. I was thinking of something else. Oops.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 08:33:36 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »
More from the interview posted earlier.
Quote from: Wired.com
Miyamoto realizes that Zelda players might not want an excessive amount of motion controls in their adventure game, which has typically been about puzzle-solving and storylines rather than too-intricate action sequences.

“There may be a group of people out there who look at people playing motion control games and have a hesitancy to try to play those because they’re worried that they might not look so cool, swinging a Wii remote around. But in watching people play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, even though it’s just a simple shaking motion, I’m watching people play (it) with a big grin on their face.”

“So I’m hoping that we might be able to create a similar-feeling experience for Zelda,”
he said.

Miyamoto went on to say that the game is still in a rougher state of development, which is why Nintendo declined to show any of it at E3.

“The development of Zelda has been focused strictly on the gameplay structure at this point. We haven’t devoted much in the way of efforts to things like graphical representation, and story, and those types of production elements,” he said.

Miyamoto said at E3 that although the current goal is to release the new Zelda in 2010, it could be pushed back. With two heavy hitters, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: The Other M, already on for next year, it seems most likely that we’ll have to wait until 2011 to play Link’s next great adventure.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2009, 08:42:46 PM »
IGN = International Gaming Network?

There are known launch copies to not have the glitch. It isn't as simple as a later version fixing it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »
IGN = Information Gamers Network

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2009, 10:09:28 PM »
Imagine Games Network is what I recall it being.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2009, 10:34:09 PM »
Imagine, thats what it was.

I knew that Information sounded off.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2009, 10:36:22 PM »
Remember when the first 'sold out'?

Memories...  :rolleyes:
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »
You can't spell "ignorant" without "IGN".

I actually remember what GameFAQs was like before the C-Net buyout. It used to be such a different place, one that was actually respectable. The site being bought like that made some people feel like others had profited on their works.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2009, 10:52:16 PM »
I hope NWR never sells out.

Though if they do I propose we rebel and start our own new forum called Neo-NWR or  Neo-PGC
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2009, 11:12:40 PM »
I have conflicted feelings about NWR selling out. I mean sure there is the risk they could lose their integrity but it would be nice if these folks got paid for their work...

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2009, 11:29:46 PM »
Has this been posted?

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/zelda-wii-motionplus/
Speaking exclusively to Wired.com, however, he said that he’s pushing the game’s developers to create a Zelda experience that requires the extra features.

“The goal at this point is that we would make Wii MotionPlus required in order to play Zelda,” he said.

It’s reasonable to assume that Zelda’s use of MotionPlus might depend on how many of the devices Nintendo sells between now and the game’s far-off release date. But Miyamoto says that’s not actually the case.

“The bigger hurdle for us is not really whether people have a Wii MotionPlus or don’t have it, it’s whether or not the experience is one where people will think they want to have a Wii Motion Plus in order to experience it,” he said.

more of the interview at the link above.

But it looks like Zelda Wii will most likely require M+, so hopefully that means that Nintendo will start bundling it in with the system.

If that is true, it's completely opposite of what Miyamoto said at the roundtable. He had said the next Zelda would only use Wii MotionPlus if enough people had it.

I don't see Nintendo including Wii MotionPlus ever with the system. Don't forget (as Stratos said) that The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask required the N64 RAM Expansion Pack in order to play it buy Nintendo didn't bundle it with the system. Whenever Nintendo sells a game that requires a accessory they just bundle it with the accessory.

But what if more than one game makes use of it? Should the accessory be bumdled with each game? The problem there is a gamer could end up with many more M+ things than he needs or would ever use...
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »
Nintendo could offer both bundled and non-bundled versions of Wii Motion Plus games like others have. I think they did this with either Donkey Kong 64 or Majora's Mask but I would have to check...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2009, 11:39:50 PM »
Nintendo didn't bundle the Rumble Pak, Memory Card 59 or the Expansion pack with every game that made use of it.

They will just release one or two high profile games with it and then the rest will require it but not be bundled with it.

You have the two EA M+ sports games with the bundle, you have Red Steel 2, you have WS: Resort and then Zelda (if it does in fact bundle, this still remains to be seen). That's more than enough games-two 1st party and three 3rd party- to distribute it enough. Maybe throw in one more bridge title from Nintendo and we should be set. Maybe the Retro project could be Nintendo's #3 M+ specific game since we seem to believe that they are now M+ experts according to Ubisoft?
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2009, 02:36:07 AM »
They will sell boat-loads of WSR when it comes out, and there are alot of fence sitters finally jumping in when WSR hits (for the M+).

Nintendo should just bundle the system with the game and call it a day.

Black Wii with all black controller, nunchuck & M+, WiiSports & WSR bundled in. Thats what I'm looking for and hoping Nintendo would consider it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2009, 04:16:32 AM »
i bet Miyamoto doesn't rove NWR like he roved planetgamecube

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/specialArt.cfm?artid=2118

where is that video?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2009, 10:23:44 AM »
With Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2 both being bundled with the game automatically, and 2 other games having a bundle option (Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 here in America, both Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis in Europe) plus it being available separately, I think plenty of people would have it before the next Zelda releases (probably Holiday 2010). If Nintendo was really worried they could just make a bundle available.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
"It’s a particular challenge for me, and the way that I develop games, because we tend to not release games before they’re done"

Did Miyamoto just diss the gaming industry?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2009, 02:16:16 PM »
Miyamoto is right, too often a publisher will release a bad game just to get it out there (especially with movie tie-in games that have to be out in time for the movies release). Miyamoto has said that a delayed game is eventually good but a bad game will always be bad (or something like that).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2009, 02:58:41 PM »
I think plenty of people would have it before the next Zelda releases (probably Holiday 2010). If Nintendo was really worried they could just make a bundle available.
I probably won't have one by then so if Zelda requires it then I hope there is a bundle option.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »
"It’s a particular challenge for me, and the way that I develop games, because we tend to not release games before they’re done"

Did Miyamoto just diss the gaming industry?

Yes, yes he did. In fact I seem to recall him having do so in the past as well.

I think plenty of people would have it before the next Zelda releases (probably Holiday 2010). If Nintendo was really worried they could just make a bundle available.
I probably won't have one by then so if Zelda requires it then I hope there is a bundle option.

You don't want WiiSportsResort, Mop it up? Why is that, may I ask?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »
You don't want WiiSportsResort, Mop it up? Why is that, may I ask?
No, you may not ask. But since you did: The draw of Wii Sports is its multiplayer aspect, and a friend of mine will probably be getting this. This isn't the type of game I'd really play by myself so there's not much point buying something I'd play only with a friend who's going to own it.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2009, 03:21:29 AM »
I got a feeling your going to be hanging out with your friend alot more.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2009, 12:15:37 PM »
Has this been posted?

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/zelda-wii-motionplus/
Speaking exclusively to Wired.com, however, he said that he’s pushing the game’s developers to create a Zelda experience that requires the extra features.

“The goal at this point is that we would make Wii MotionPlus required in order to play Zelda,” he said.

It’s reasonable to assume that Zelda’s use of MotionPlus might depend on how many of the devices Nintendo sells between now and the game’s far-off release date. But Miyamoto says that’s not actually the case.

“The bigger hurdle for us is not really whether people have a Wii MotionPlus or don’t have it, it’s whether or not the experience is one where people will think they want to have a Wii Motion Plus in order to experience it,” he said.

more of the interview at the link above.

But it looks like Zelda Wii will most likely require M+, so hopefully that means that Nintendo will start bundling it in with the system.

Nice find. You should post this over in the new Zelda thread, too - especially for the quotes you pulled from it in a later post from this thread.
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
feel free to transfer over what you feel is relevant to the conversation in that thread.
quote away... :)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »
But in watching people play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, even though it’s just a simple shaking motion, I’m watching people play (it) with a big grin on their face.

Has Miyamoto ever considered that the people playing it had big grins on their faces because the game kicks ass and not necessarily because of shaking the remote?  Wario Land: Shake It! involves shaking the remote but I've never heard anyone praise the game because of it.  Those that have actually played that game like it because it's a fun game.  It has good level design and gameplay mechanics.

I want Zelda's motion controls to feel like they NEED to be there and for them to feel completely natural like I would never want this to control another way.  If it's just "whee I shake the remote!" that gets boring after like two times doing it and then it just becomes a chore.  Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game to use the analog stick.  But it wasn't like there was some thrill to using it.  It was just smooth, accurate controls and you couldn't imagine it any other way.  Nintendo didn't try to use the analog stick specifically to make Zelda more fun.  Its implementation was strictly practical and functional and improved the game in a more subtle way.  That is what Nintendo should do with M+ Zelda: practical usage not novelty usage.  Remember the audience here.

With M+ it seems that our interpretation of what Nintendo's plans for it were and what their actual plans are seem very different.  Most of us thought that this was like the new standard and that damn near every Wii game was going to use this.  That isn't the case.  Nintendo announced several major Wii titles at E3 that don't use M+ at all, and I think we expected ALL of their new games to use it.  So I think Nintendo sees it more like the N64 expansion pack in that it's something that will be used by some games.