Author Topic: We've only had 14 seconds of Zelda Wii U gameplay in a year!  (Read 19704 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: We've only had 14 seconds of Zelda Wii U gameplay in a year!
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2016, 05:41:29 PM »
No, they'll just create a new male character and call him Sheik or something to keep people from getting mixed up as to whether Zelda is a female or not.

If they can make Zelda dress up as Sheik, why can't they just make Link dress up as Linkle and call it a day?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »
Now I'm thinking of what a shitstorm it would be if Nintendo pulled a reverse Samus and had female Link reveal at the end to be a male in disguise.  But only if you picked girl Link.  If you pick boy Link he's just a male throughout the whole game as expected.  The internet outrage it would cause would be so enormous I almost find the idea amusing.  That would be Raiden-level trolling of your fanbase.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2016, 06:31:47 PM »
It would be Zeldo.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2016, 07:22:08 PM »
Would that turn Zelda into a guy?

No. That would be stupid.  Zelda is a girl's name.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 08:28:04 PM »
I think that the ultimate goal should always be Princess Zelda. That's something that should never change.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2016, 08:51:01 PM »
The series is called "The Legend of Zelda," I think it's safe to assume the titular princess is going to stay a part of it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »
I think that the ultimate goal should always be Princess Zelda. That's something that should never change.

Link was looking for Navi, right?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »
You got me there.

However, I think Zelda will remain a princess, for reasons previously stated.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2016, 10:08:00 AM »
With Zelda U all but officially confirmed for NX, has anyone thought about which version they'd rather buy? Or what might make you buy one over the other? Personally, if NX launches this year, and I can get my hands on one, I'll probably just buy it for NX.  If there's any thing that makes me have to wait (shortages, etc), then I'll just stick to the Wii U.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »
I'll probably double dip. The Wii U version will probably be the rare one to get in the future. Maybe Nintendo can try out some cross-save functionality.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »
I've only had a Wii U for about five months or so so I'm not exactly itching to buy a new console so the Wii U version is probably what I'll go with, unless reviews indicate that it is really compromised compared to the NX versions (which I doubt will happen).  As Soren pointed out the Wii U one might end up a collector's item like the Cube version of Twilight Princess.

With TP I had a Cube, I didn't have a Wii, and the only Wii launch game that looked up my alley was TP itself so my decision to go with the Cube version was a no-brainer.  To go with the NX version I would need another game to sell me on an NX.  Even if the NX really looks interesting to me I probably won't buy it at launch just to see if any prices change or any hardware flaw comes up that gets fixed.  So it would need an exclusive game that I just have to play RIGHT NOW and can't wait around for.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2016, 05:08:10 PM »
That is a good question. I am probably going to be getting a PS VR this winter, unless NX has a launch title I can't live without, or itself is VR, I won't have the extra money for anything else. My plan for NX, even if it has a compelling launch title, is to wait until the following year when it has had time to grow. I got PS4 one year after it came out and it was alright, but I waited two whole years before I got a Wii U. Normally I wait a year to a year and a half. VR I am buying early because I have been dying to play VR since I was a kid and this time it looks like it will finally be worth it, even if just for a handful of games.

Also on the Wii U being a collectors item, that is another incentive to get some of the rare games now, which is the only reason I even bought Wonderful 101. For a while I was rooting for Wii U to Sega Saturn flop just so the after market prices would make me some money down the road. But then the games turned out to be pretty good so now I am happy it rose to the level it did.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2016, 07:31:38 AM »
Remember that Zelda release date pool NWR did a few months ago?

Nintendo (and others now) love Friday, and I don't think they'd be crazy enough to release a new Zelda on Black Friday.
Probably the Friday before Black Friday.But it's actually getting Star Fox'd. April 7, 2017.

Still calling it!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
Welp, anyone changed their mind about which version to buy?

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2016, 12:39:22 PM »
So after this other delay, this game better not have any Guardians style padding or anything like that.  No padding, no unfinished ideas that were clearly rushed.  They've had a long time to work on it so I expect a damn near flawless game.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2016, 01:33:14 PM »
And yet, knowing you, the Gyro controls will end up breaking the experience.

In all honesty though- you guys couldn't release a game on the 30th anniversary? What the HELL, Nintendo? Is the NX launch honestly worth it that much? We all know it's gonna flip anyway.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2016, 03:33:17 PM »
This is such bunk, baloney and bullshit! After all this time  3 delays and now a platform switch. What The FcuK is going on at the House of M.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »
You would think they would release the Wii U version this holiday season so it could have its place in the sun and then have the NX version be a launch title in March.  But no, they have to follow the Ubisoft rule of releasing games on different platforms simultaneously.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »
Wouldn't they fear that if the Wii U version came out first that it would cut the NX version off at the knees?  This is the company that intentionally delayed the Cube version of Twilight Princess a month so that it wouldn't interfere with Wii sales.  It makes perfect sense for them to wait for the NX version.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »
There's little doubt in my mind that the driving factor for the delay was to release it alongside the NX, but I'm hoping they make good use of any extra time they might have now. Everyone was worried that they'd make this huge open world without a whole lot of substance to it, so hopefully they're taking this time to make it as rich a world as possible. If this game isn't great, they've got no excuse to fall back on at this point.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2016, 01:31:50 AM »
So after this other delay, this game better not have any Guardians style padding or anything like that.  No padding, no unfinished ideas that were clearly rushed.  They've had a long time to work on it so I expect a damn near flawless game.

Nintendo must be super confident in the quality if they're making it the only playable game they have at e3.

Also is it weird that they didn't announce the release date as March 2017 alongside the NX? 2017 is still worryingly vague.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2016, 01:54:58 AM »
I can't even be excited for this game anymore, we've seen so little of it and it's been floating around for like four years now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2016, 09:51:43 AM »

Also is it weird that they didn't announce the release date as March 2017 alongside the NX? 2017 is still worryingly vague.

They sent clarification (and it's on the press site) that the game is releasing March 2017. Of course, there's always the possibility of a "last minute bug" cropping up that only affects the Wii U version for some reason...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 10:59:55 AM »
This is such bunk, baloney and bullshit! After all this time  3 delays and now a platform switch. What The FcuK is going on at the House of M.

I am sorry I ever doubted you Nintendo, I am sorry. Please except my day one purchase as an heartfelt apology.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »
Maybe Nintendo can try out some cross-save functionality.

Look at this naive m'fer.