Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. 2  (Read 16356 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »
That is true.  I think Super Mario Sunshine...actually did the best job of weight and platforming...once they took the water pack off in the special levels.  The water pack was a cool addition, and it was nice...but it also kinda forced the level design and world environment too much.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »
That is true.  I think Super Mario Sunshine...actually did the best job of weight and platforming...once they took the water pack off in the special levels.  The water pack was a cool addition, and it was nice...but it also kinda forced the level design and world environment too much.

Super Mario Sunshine remake for 3DS please! Or a direct sequel!
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 09:00:30 PM »
As long as they put the long jump in Sunshine or its sequel, I'd be fine with this.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 03:11:21 AM »
I think they didn't have the long jump because the pack could be used to get the same distance.  However, I would love the long jump back, because of the crazy platforming that can be gained from long jump and then water pack game play.

Actually, I am not a big fan of the game play the water pack allowed, but not the water pack itself.  I like my Mario hitting and punching things, and picking items up and such.  A jet pack power up for a 3D Mario would in my opinion be better...or a suit that does the same function.  Maybe a revised Winded Hat or revised Raccoon tail with this additional game play element. 

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 02:29:46 AM »
I, for one, would enjoy seeing Fludd implemented into a 2D Mario game. you could cycle through his nozzles with the D-Pad or X and Y. I think they could do a whole lot. It would be more interesting that normal 2D Mario, that's for sure.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 08:32:20 AM »
Actually there was a flash 2D Super Mario Sunshine game somewhere on the net.  I don't think it really added that much. 

I would love to see a Mario and Yoshi game that had a grown up Mario riding Yoshi, but Yoshi has all the moves from Yoshi's Island.  And the game would be focused on puzzles of riding Yoshi and solo stuff...the levels are not finished until both Yoshi and Mario get to the end. 

They can even limit Yoshi's abilities while Mario is riding him to play like Super Mario World Yoshi....it could be quite a fun new take on Mario.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 07:34:25 PM »
Actually there was a flash 2D Super Mario Sunshine game somewhere on the net.  I don't think it really added that much. 

I would love to see a Mario and Yoshi game that had a grown up Mario riding Yoshi, but Yoshi has all the moves from Yoshi's Island.  And the game would be focused on puzzles of riding Yoshi and solo stuff...the levels are not finished until both Yoshi and Mario get to the end. 

They can even limit Yoshi's abilities while Mario is riding him to play like Super Mario World Yoshi....it could be quite a fun new take on Mario.

I like that idea. Sort of like a newer take on Yoshi's Island DS (the different babies had unique powers).
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931