Author Topic: E3 2012 Predictions  (Read 113940 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2012 Predictions
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2012, 02:56:57 AM »
Where did you buy the game? Could you have price matched it?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Man your touchy. But to answer your question, those fighting games are fine as far as I'm concerned.

As wonderful as SS is, it does lack in the epic scope of things, and to be honest, creativity as well. The world is always coming to an end, and it never seems like anyone notices outside of MM. I liked that TP had a "big" town with lots of NPC's everywhere, even if you couldn't talk to half of them. But there is always like one major town, and 5 people living in every other town. I would love if the environments got a little more whimsical and creative. They are cool, but a little too bland and realistic half the time. Even Mario's realistic landscapes in Galaxy look beyond epic. The Zelda guys make locations too realistic despite the art style.

When I play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 I feel like there other things going on in the back ground despite not seeing it. Samus's actions have weight and to me the space pirates are really reacting to that. In Metroid Prime 3 Samus is back at the federation and I think "yeah, everyone is aware of all the amazing things she did. There is a real world out there." With Zelda I havn't got that feeling since MM and WW.

Retro would do wonders for Zelda, considering how they did Metroid. They would make it feel like Zelda and then add new and amazing things that just don't happen often with the current developers.

I mean I love flying! But why can't I fly over landscape and use my bird to interact with the world more? Special clouds the birds won't fly through is just BS to keep the game from being more fun. Retro would have done it.
Yeesh. Someone didn't like Skyward Sword.

I agree that Zelda does need a little more of a role-play element to it, however, I think Skyward Sword took steps in that direction. Helping out townsfolk in the VERY well-designed Skyloft- but yeah, the game does need more than just one town. However, I think you're putting a lot of faith in Retro, especially when the Prime series revolved around obtaining powerups and not really reacting with other characters much at all. The story of Prime was okay, though a little all-over the place, and the environments were extremely creative, but in no way whimsical. I mean, the themed locales in DKCR were okay, but they didn't do much for me.

I think that Zelda simply needs to become bigger in scope- the locales are already extremely well-designed, with Skyward Sword pretty much exemplifying how masterfully the Zelda team is at utilizing the space available- but if they had more, and perhaps had environs that were like those in Skyward Sword but had more branching paths into other regions (or if the locales had more of a connection instead of access by sky), the game would be even better.

Something I've talked about with quite a few people is that Skyward Sword is not the end-all Zelda formula and things are going to change. However, the environment design in Skyward Sword was top-notch and I think that any improvements to it would only be a good thing for the franchise.

Moreover, I'm going to emphasize how terrible I think first-person sword-wielding games are. With all the innovation that Nintendo did with motion controls in the third-person format, I would like it to stay that way. Mechanics like swimming, gravity flips, and enemies coming from behind are just disorienting and awkward in first person, IMO.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
I love SS. I was one of the few guys on this forum preaching how great it was from day one. Gameplay wise I love it, aside from a few things, but it still feels like Zelda.

Retro have proven they can take a completely silent game, slowly build on the story and eventually have full on voice acing and everything. Their track record so far awesome. Where as the Zelda team regularly plays it too safe.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
I love SS. I was one of the few guys on this forum preaching how great it was from day one. Gameplay wise I love it, aside from a few things, but it still feels like Zelda.

Retro have proven they can take a completely silent game, slowly build on the story and eventually have full on voice acing and everything. Their track record so far awesome. Where as the Zelda team regularly plays it too safe.
Well, I dunno. They innovate in some ways and cut corners in others. That's why I loved motion control but hated not having a full Overworld.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Random LOL of the Day
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »

Oh Google.... ;)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »
Are those doctored at all? xD

And would it be asking too much to expect a F-Zero announcement?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2012, 09:03:09 PM »
Are those doctored at all? xD

no. check for yourself

www.google.com

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »
That is funny.

Bing in its way is funny.  You get "Nintendo Stealth" and still get "Sony Steals from Nintendo"
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »
Sony DOES steal from Nintendo. I expect some equivalent to a screen on the controller for the PS3 or PS4.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2012, 08:05:03 PM »
Well, two of my predictions came true, but sooner than I had thought:
  • Sony's Smash Bros. clone revealed
  • NSMB 2 revealed
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »
So, someone on NeoGAF made these:

We should all fill them out and share them before the big show. Winner get bragging rights. Person with fewest gets banned for the remainder of E3.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
Didn't we do one of these last year?

Offline FZeroBoyo

• View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »
Did we? I don't recall...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
yes we did, and probably the year before that too.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:02 PM »
Ah... Be my first time, then.  :P:

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »
So, someone on NeoGAF made these:

We should all fill them out and share them before the big show. Winner get bragging rights. Person with fewest gets banned for the remainder of E3.

I don't bet, especially when the stakes are high (like a ban).

Besides, Joystiq usually does E3 Bingo, and most of the time they're wrong.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2012, 12:47:59 AM »
Well, for starters we all know Nintendo is going to change the name of the Wii U to "Super Wii", so go ahead and put that up on the Bingo. ;)
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2012, 01:17:56 AM »
- Microsoft tries to be more mainstream/casual

Put it on the board!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »
-Videos of people having the most fun ever playing the Wii U will be shown.
-Actors will come out and demonstrate new Kinect games at the M$ conference and they will be overly vocal while playing.

Those are my predictions.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2012, 12:27:34 PM »
Nintendo stops selling consoles. WE ALL SAW IT COMING!

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
Well, for starters we all know Nintendo is going to change the name of the Wii U to "Super Wii", so go ahead and put that up on the Bingo. ;)

That reminds me of how Iwata kept using the terms "deeper" and "wider" when referring to creating Wii U games.

Must resist... sex joke.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2012, 12:31:56 AM »

I second that notion. Good job, Chozo. I was going to suggest this myself but you beat me to the punch.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »
On a more realistic note, Fire Emblem Awakening will be announced. Or are we going with ridiculous over-the-top speculation?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2012, 08:02:42 AM »
Or are we going with ridiculous over-the-top speculation?
This is a kytim thread. Realistic expectations and speculation have no place here.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
Or are we going with ridiculous over-the-top speculation?
This is a kytim thread. Realistic expectations and speculation have no place here.
Noted.