Author Topic: Gaming Rage  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gaming Rage
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:16:32 PM »
I was on the verge of beating Phantom Hourglass and a glitch in the game made it impossible.  Which made me very angry because I had just devoted about 20 minutes of my time making every conceivable incarnation of the motion it wanted and about 5 doing the official Nintendo motion for it.  I realized that this has happened before to this extreme.  For some reason my copy of God Of War in the cave where you push the box before the spikes come up and you jump onto a ledge.  Every place I put the box and jump to the ledge it never recognizes to grab.

I mean here I am honed my skills for hours and the game itself has done a great job of keeping me going and interested in what happens and then what can only be a glitch stops me.  Nothing to do with my skill or level of preparation but a glitch... A stupid glitch...  Which makes it frustrating.

I know what your thinking, "It's just a game."  but, it is a relatively large investment of my time.  In the time it took me to get to this point I could have:

1. Cleaned my whole house
2. Made a Statue
3. For that matter done a large variety of arts
4. Built a shed
5. Read a large book maybe even a trilogy (Really considers which one)
6. Watch a rather medium sized TV Series in its entirety.
7. etc. etc.

It's just really really frustrating.  How does everyone else react to these types of things.  I mean there are some games I simply can't beat.  Can't figure out the last puzzle or just to uncoordinated for the end boss.  It happens which is ok.  Even if this was just a case that I couldn't get a beat on the last guy.  Didn't know what to do are just couldn't react fast enough I be a little annoyed but that be ok as welll... Oh well...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Rage
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »
I know what you mean. My copy of Metroid Prime had a glitch where there was an inaccessible grapple hook point, so I couldn't finish the game...until I got another copy. Even then I gave up because the Metroid Prime itself...is very hard.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 04:27:31 PM »
The first one?

That's the easiest one!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 06:09:04 PM »
The first one?

That's the easiest one!

Personally I would argue that 3 is the easiest personally.  Though 1 had the easiest end boss. If memory serve.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 10:16:06 PM »
I think Nintendo makes the touch screen aspects of some games too unforgiving.  I had trouble with some aspects of Zelda PH because I didn't do it exactly as it was shown.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:03:27 AM »
Show me your RAAAAAAGE!

I'm sorry, I had to.  :(
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 04:13:31 AM »
My gaming rage involves complaints that others make about game controls that work perfectly for me...

I mean certainly I'm just not THAT GOOD, because I'm NOT THAT GOOD at videogames! =)

As for actual rage involving a game, I get most upset at racing games like F-Zero and Mario Kart...And that tends to involve chunking the controller across the room!  But then I almost instantly cool down, so it's pretty weird...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:15:07 AM by Bill Aurion »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 04:50:37 AM »
F-zero GX gets me pretty mad or when cheap things happen like banana rape with lag.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 03:28:02 PM »
Yeah, the final story mission of GX is probably the most mad I've ever gotten at a video game.  I still can't beat it.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 03:51:08 PM »
Yeah, the final story mission of GX is probably the most mad I've ever gotten at a video game.  I still can't beat it.

HA! i cant even get passed the mission that has you competing the the Grand Prix (and it took me months to do the second fuckign stage too mind you)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 04:04:44 PM »
The weird thing is, as much as that game pisses me off for its insane difficulty, the levels I CAN play are really, really fun.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »
Racing games in general get me when the controls are just so super touchy on some of them.  I make a little movement and now my car is sideways...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 05:25:45 PM »
EasyCure that is where I am stuck. I feel the same way Maverick.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
Why is this in General Chat BTW?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 10:44:45 PM »
I don't remember what game it was, but I had to send my Dreamcast back to Sega for repairs twice because I kept hitting the console with the controller.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Drefoshow

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »
You know wat that happened to me also and i jus thought well maybe my game isnt loading right...sooo i keep trying and trying till i got mad and starting the gameover and then it somehow worked
Im Da Man!!!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 03:21:29 PM »
Why is this in General Chat BTW?
Because its not about a specific game/system and its a serious topic?

On F-Zero GX it use to lockup and restart my Cube on its own... Frustrating times

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »
Yeah, but... it's called General Gaming, not "Specific games discussion."  I don't really care, I was just looking for this thread in there and I thought it had been deleted or something until I discovered it was in General Chat is all.

Was F-Zero the only game that did that to your Cube?  That sounds quite odd.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 12:32:57 PM »
it sounds like you have more trouble with game glitches, where me and a few others have frustrating times with game mechanics or whatever. Sucks..

the closest thing i can think of to relate to you is trying to get online with Brawl.. ugh.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »
I'm personally most frustrated with the glitches in a very polished game.  The whole contrast things.  I have issues with game mechanics.  Like in Sonic <insert subtitle here> I have a wickedly hard time with the rails.  Also the bomb level in Trauma Center.  The Wiimote just doesn't excel at going in and out from the screen.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
lol thats where i'm stuck in Trauma Center.. i keep getting blewd up cuz i am not patient enough. I keep shooting those discs with the laser as their coming at me and of course end up missing and shooting the core or the plates when they turn red. pain in my ass!