Author Topic: BloodRayne to Sing Evanescence Song on MTV2  (Read 6095 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
BloodRayne to Sing Evanescence Song on MTV2
« on: August 23, 2004, 05:19:20 PM »
Majesco sure knows how to get face time for their little vampire friend.

Majesco's 'BloodRayne' Stars in MTV2's New Series 'Video Mods' Premiering Saturday, September 18 at 9:30 P.M. EST; Video Game Vixen to Perform Evanescence's ''Everybody's Fool''

EDISON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 23, 2004--Video games and music videos unite, as Majesco (OTC BB: MJSH), a leading publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products, today announced its popular BloodRayne video game character will be featured on a premiere episode of MTV2's new series "Video Mods." Scheduled to air September 18, the episode showcases Evanescence's "Everybody's Fool" video, recreated with characters from Majesco's forthcoming BloodRayne 2 video game sequel.

MTV2's "Video Mods" debuts on September 18 at 9:30 pm EST (6:30 pm PST) and highlights some of today's most popular video game characters as they perform videos by artists of all genres, including Lil' Jon, Black Eyed Peas, New Found Glory and others. Each video will be transformed by adapting the music video to utilize a unique video game environment and feature characters from one or a variety of video games.

"Having BloodRayne as one of the premiere 'performers' in MTV2's 'Video Mods' show is a testament to her popularity and appeal," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing, Majesco. "We are thrilled to see BloodRayne star in a music video and we applaud MTV2's creative blending of entertainment mediums and properties."

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: BloodRayne to Sing Evanescence Song on MTV2
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 06:16:30 PM »
BloodRayne is also posing in Playboy.  BloodRayne 2 is getting an insane amount of promotion considering the first game was widely considered to be average at best by critics and didn't really take the industry by storm.  I question BloodRayne even deserving a sequel let alone getting this kind of mainstream attention.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:BloodRayne to Sing Evanescence Song on MTV2
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 06:30:51 PM »
Question: Why is Bloodrayne news on PGC if Bloodrayne 2 is XBX,PS2,PC? and I thought Bloodrayne 1 was really subpar and the final boss was cheap and cheesy. And Majesco is really over hyping this like atari did  for Driv3r. My guess is Majesco is trying to expand bloodraynes audience past the pale people who believe their vampires.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 07:39:28 PM »
Well, while it is mainly to promote the sequel, it's still just general marketing of the franchise.  Since the original game was on GC and these releases are always found on our normal wires, I've got no reason not to post it.  Besides, it makes good comedy.  That BloodRayne chick is hideous.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 07:52:09 PM »

Question: Why is Bloodrayne news on PGC if Bloodrayne 2 is XBX,PS2,PC?

Because a PGC writer felt like writing about it. Duh. It's simple logic.

Personally, I'm all for it (meaning the music videos and PlayBoy pictorals).

However, I think that all the singing and toplessness and whatnot should be inside the actual game itself (maybe part of some "extras" section or something), and not just part of an advertisement.

Also, the amount shown in these kinds of promos should just be a "teaser", and only scratch the surface of what's provided inside the game. (Sort of like how some hollywood movies blow their entire plot in the commercials. That's never cool. If you show a lot in the ad, there should be A LOT more in the real thing.)

Then again, I guess there's something to be said for the "collectability factor" of something like this. (Hey, you've got Bloodrayne! Do you have that October Playboy that's supposed to go with it?) But I really think the game should make you forget all about the ads. The "collectability factor" for older ads is still always there anyways. (Like how many of us are drooling over Bjeong's demo disk collection mentioned in the GameCube forum.)
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 07:59:02 PM »
When will the Playboy photos be out?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 10:37:44 PM »
I wonder if it's the TRI guys doing this stuff or if they're hiring another company to do that? Gotta ask Poop...

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 11:51:20 AM »
Welcome to the mainstream, videogames!  We're all instantly part of a counter-culture, and we didn't even have to be try-hards or pretenders to get here.  
I feel cool and nauseous all at the same time.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 02:25:03 PM »
Good for videogames, get more mass exposure, get more people playing em.  I think she's hot myself, I like that goth look.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 02:42:50 PM »
"Good for videogames, get more mass exposure, get more people playing em."

Yeah more people playing sh!t like BloodRayne.  I can count the advantages so far of any mainstream videogame exposure on one fist.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 03:04:26 PM »
Bloodrayne 1 was arse.

But the model chick has BAZONGAS i want to see.
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 05:16:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"Good for videogames, get more mass exposure, get more people playing em."

Yeah more people playing sh!t like BloodRayne.  I can count the advantages so far of any mainstream videogame exposure on one fist.

It's good for the industry to get mass exposure.  The industry as it is gets no respect compared to music and movies, so this type of exposure will help that.  The more people who buy games, the more games you're going to see, and when people buy more games, companies make more money and can take more risks.  Besides I thought you believed that you shouldn't judge a game until it's released, sometimes sequels make great strides over their predecessors.  And apparently BR2 is supposed to be alot better than the first which actually was a bit above average.  There are hundreds of games this generation worst than BR.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 05:27:18 PM »
"It's good for the industry to get mass exposure. The industry as it is gets no respect compared to music and movies, so this type of exposure will help that."

Having a CG videogame character expose herself in Playboy will not help the industry get any respect.  Videogames will never get mainstream respect as long as crap games get all the exposure.  Madden winning game of the year at a bullsh!t videogame awards show is the type of exposure games get.  Gaming has to be exposed to the mainstream in a way that doesn't make it look like a fad.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 09:56:55 PM »
There's apparently a comic and they're working on a cartoon deal.

Also someone said that Bloodratyne's success is good for the industry since the industry always wants existing franchises, yet this oneis a new IP and still very successful. It proves that you can make up new characters and still reap money. Ya hear that, Nintendo?

Offline A Letter to God

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 10:52:37 PM »
I really hate this. Video games are going to begin to become like pop culture; meaning they'll be majoritally horrible. Sense video games first showed up on the market, they were scoffed, but sense they have become seen as able to make money, they've been embraced. But we aren't embracing the great games, we're embracing Blood Rayne, Grand Theft Auto, anything with the letters "EA" and other games that are comercially successful, even if the game itself sucks, like anything with the letters "EA", save for a few games like Battlefield and the Sims.

Majesco, Rockstar and EA are companies I considder heavy offenders in causing video games to lose the meaning they had when I got my hands on a Nintendo for the first time, they make games into pop culture and thussly drag them down the path of moral decay and overall decandance. I hate playing a game and hearing some promminant actors voice, I mute the television if I going to play anything I rent that may have it, some are worse then the voice acting in Bubsy 3-D. Before all of this, video games were much more atleast interesting. I miss the days when I could pick up a game and only hope it's good (Nintendo is an offender here as well, save for Pikmin and Animal Crossing, everythings a sequel). We're losing the innocence; yes it was inevitable, but it's being forced. The people have memories of putting coin after coin into an arcade and continued to play, even trying to buy a Neo-Geo and a game, are being dragged by their tongues to the pits of video game hell.

It's bad enough we have license games in the first place (like Spider-man, Lord of the Rings and many others) that take those icons from thier original meaning; but the very notion of video games in movies makes me cringe even worse then the fact an Evangelion movie is in the works. Will I see the Metroid movie? Yes, I will. Will I need to vommit after words? Yes, I will, Metroid isn't meant to have much human interaction, you're Samus on a planet with some framiliar enemies, enjoy. I saw the Mario movie, and everytime I even glimpse it on television I feel sick because it's that horrible. Mortal Kombat is the only video game movie I can stand, because it's actually better then that craptacular series; which is so bad I had to use a fake word to only slightly get my point across.

I like video games like books. Not so much that the plot must be good, but I want to still be in that world even when I the power's off. When I first read Lord of the Rings, I was still in Middle-earth after I was done reading. When I first played the Legend of Zelda, I was still in Hyrule. But when I first played Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, I had temporary fun, not really having it stay ingrained on my mind. Video games are failing to make me feel anymore, with a few exceptions like Metal Gear Solid, Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy XI and the Legend of Zelda, to name ones I've played or replayed recently. All of those were part of my library, and I love revisiting them, I don't care about revisiting some faux 80's city, the football stadium, or even WWII, sense I'm a vet of that 50 times over each year. Vana'diel, Vigoor, Hyrule, Halo, Isle Delfino, Talon IV, Pikmin Planet these are places I want to return to, and I will in my mind, like Middle-earth or Counter Earth or the Battle Academy and the streets of Rotterdam, if a video game can do that it's good, not if it has commercial success and the heroine is a playboy centerfold.

I thank you for indulging me, even if I may have strayed from the topic at times, but that's my ten cents, think of it what you will.
It's times like this that make me  embarrassed to be human.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 12:34:45 AM »
"Pikmin Planet"

you know it's supposed to be Earth, right?

My thoughts on this, being the reviewer of the original...

I thought it was the very definition of idea theft.  Everything in that game had been done before, like all the Slowmo-time stuff, the alternate vision stuff, all wrapped up in a very mediocre package.

The sequel looks to be quite the same, since now she's twriling on horizontal bars, you know, like Prince of Persia.  And I have also noticed that the more "creatively" anybody tries to advertise something, the more they are trying to hide the lackluster product.  Acclaim anyone?

And anybody that thinks these will "help the game industry" needs to cash a reality check.  At the very best it will sell some copies of BloodRayne 2, but somehow , being one of these hormone-driven 20somethings,  I think this will come across as quite pathetic.  And, like Ian said, this will set the industry back a few steps.  Video games aren't going to become their own art form by being the bastards of other media.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 06:41:47 AM »
But you could convince a publisher to get your new IP approved instead of being told to come back when you have a movie license if that kind of stuff happens more often with new IPs, right?

A Letter To God: WTF are you talking about? Games didn't get worse after being exposed to the maintream. You listed more mainstream games than non-mainstream ones as immersive, so really, WTF?

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 07:44:22 AM »
"yet this oneis a new IP and still very successful. It proves that you can make up new characters and still reap money. Ya hear that, Nintendo?"

BloodRayne is NOT a new IP.  Well technically it is but it's not in my eyes since the game is generic and the character is a chiche hot babe vampire which is nothing new.  There's no risk in making BloodRayne because the character and the game designs are safe and familiar.  Creating a new IP is only significant when that property takes risks.  When the game is something new and the character is unique then it's significant.  Viewtiful Joe shows that a new IP can be successful because the game and the characters are unique and there was a risk of them being rejected by the public.  Nintendo should create some new IPs but BloodRayne is not the example they should follow.

It's like when people praise MS and Bungie because Halo is brand new.  Bullsh!t!  It's a generic FPS with a generic space marine main character.  It's the most non-risky mainstream pandering game this gen.  That doesn't mean it's bad but don't give it any praise for being "new".

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2004, 07:45:35 AM »
Nintendo already played a big risk with Pikmin anyway...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2004, 10:08:08 AM »
Custom Robo too...
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2004, 02:49:47 AM »

When will the Playboy photos be out?

The MagicBox has one of the Playboy pics (censored) in their forums. The "General Gaming" forum.

It's... not pretty.

Please ignore anything positive that I may have said earlier in this thread.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2004, 09:15:51 AM »
The hell?  This is getting out of hand.

Her face looks pretty butch in that picture, too.  Mainstream video game heroines piss me off so much.  I've always hated that damn Tomb Raider bitch.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2004, 10:14:34 AM »
I repeat.  She's hideous.  She's always been hideous, and she was frightening at E3.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2004, 11:14:31 AM »
Touch, but don't look...