Author Topic: Netflix Wii Discs Begin To Ship  (Read 9060 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix Wii Discs Begin To Ship
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
the special effects are pretty bad but it's a TV show with a budget, not a 100 million dollar movie with 1 year of post production.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »
This makes me want to dump Blockbuster-by-Mail in favor of this.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 11:01:01 PM »
Netflix is leaps and bounds better than Blockbusters mail service (yes, I have both)

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »
Netflix is leaps and bounds better than Blockbusters mail service (yes, I have both)

Why on earth do you have both????

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 12:12:05 AM »
I have one and my girl has the other.

Netflix has much quicker turn around through the mail and Blockbuster had* the benefit of being able to return the mail movies to the store and then check out an in store rental for free.

*the closest Blockbuster have all shut down, now the closest one is atleast a 10-15min out of the way drive.

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 12:58:51 AM »
Oh okay. that makes sense. I hear that Blockbuster is going out of business, that might account for the closing stores.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 02:04:10 AM »
the special effects are pretty bad but it's a TV show with a budget, not a 100 million dollar movie with 1 year of post production.

Battlestar Galactica has significantly raised my expectations for TV special effects. If it could pull off what it did on the Sci Fi Channel, a so-called "Premium" channel should be able to do better than that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 02:31:04 AM »
Look at lost, they are one of the most expensive shows on TV but they have some baaaad CG sometimes.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 02:52:53 AM »

Battlestar Galactica has significantly raised my expectations for TV special effects. If it could pull off what it did on the Sci Fi Channel, a so-called "Premium" channel should be able to do better than that.

I doubt there were graphic depictions of swords slicing through human flesh and at times actually decapitating people on BSG. Sometimes it looks pretty good, but other times it is laughably bad.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 02:57:17 AM »

I doubt there were graphic depictions of swords slicing through human flesh and at times actually decapitating people on BSG. Sometimes it looks pretty good, but other times it is laughably bad.

If BSG can make realistic-looking Cylon Centurions entirely out of CG then Spartacus should be able to do blood correctly.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 03:18:48 AM »
The blood isn't really the problem. The blood is done artistically, it's the stabbing and cutting that needs work, especially when they zoom in and put it in slow-mo.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »
Oh okay. that makes sense. I hear that Blockbuster is going out of business, that might account for the closing stores.

Not going out of business, just considering filing for banruptcy (which doesn't mean much since companies often file for banruptcy and then recover, it's only serious if they file for chapter 7 bankrptcy because that is liquidation).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »
Quote from: TJ Spyke link=topic=30935.msg596919#msg596919   date=1269870249

Yeah, Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy has filed Chapter 11 like, twice in the past five years or something.

Not going out of business, just considering filing for banruptcy (which doesn't mean much since companies often file for banruptcy and then recover, it's only serious if they file for chapter 7 bankrptcy because that is liquidation).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:20:18 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 03:17:05 PM »
I got my disc, I am now able to stream Netflix on every TV in my house.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »
kraken, how is the performance and resolution on the Wii?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
Where do you go to get the disc? I found the link to get the PS3 disc, but it doesn't seem to have one for the Wii. I do this on the 360, but figure it couldn't hurt to have the discs to be able to do it on the other two.

J.P. Corbran

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 10:28:02 PM »
I was actually quite impressed with the quality, I didn't use it on an HD TV but on a standard def TV it looked just as sharp as a DVD would, didn't take too long to load either. I didn't watch a full movie yet but about 10 minutes of one.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 11:25:23 PM »
I was actually quite impressed with the quality, I didn't use it on an HD TV but on a standard def TV it looked just as sharp as a DVD would, didn't take too long to load either. I didn't watch a full movie yet but about 10 minutes of one.

You can get one at www.netflix.com/wii For those of you who want some adult content on your Wii I suggest watching Caligula. At first glance the selection of movies appears shallow. Unless you already have a Netflix account you wouldn't know just how much you could watch. There is no search option on the Wii interface and all que lists have to be managed via computer. Is it like this on the other systems?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 11:40:54 PM »

You can get one at www.netflix.com/wii For those of you who want some adult content on your Wii I suggest watching Caligula. At first glance the selection of movies appears shallow. Unless you already have a Netflix account you wouldn't know just how much you could watch. There is no search option on the Wii interface and all que lists have to be managed via computer. Is it like this on the other systems?

Caligula!? and people call Spartacus "Spartacus: T&A".... Caligula was nothing but nudity for the first(and only) 15 minutes that I watched.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 11:58:27 PM »

The 360 version originally required you to manage everything via the web site, but has since been updated to let you browse available movies right from the console. This being a disc and on the Wii, I don't think such a change is going to come for it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »
Got this in the mail while at PAX. I'll hopefully play around with it tomorrow.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"