Author Topic: Nintendo Vs. Transformers  (Read 3222 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Nintendo Vs. Transformers
« on: July 11, 2010, 01:06:25 AM »
Long time no see, guys.

Thought I'd share something cool I made today...
   As a Nintendo fan and a Transformers fan, I was always aware that Mario and Optimus Prime shared the same colours - red and blue, with a touch of white.

But recently I noticed that other characters on both sides shared the same colours.  Now, bright colours are indeed common among characters that appeal to kids (or children of all ages), but when I remembered the Pikachu-themed Volkswagen Beetle, I began to think up some more connections between similarly-coloured Nintendo and Transformers characters. 

The results are here.

Or here's a 1680 x 1050 wallpaper-sized version:

...For those of you who forgot my previous geeky wallpaper I made, click here to see how Star Wars and Star Trek are connected...

My original topic on VGMaps.com is here: Nintendo Vs. Transformers
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:11:34 AM by JonLeung »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Vs. Transformers
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 08:56:36 PM »
Welcome back, JonLeung.

I would have to nod affirmatively in regards to all the comparisons except for Kirby and Unicron. My reason? Unicron is not Pink.

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »
I would have to nod affirmatively in regards to all the comparisons except for Kirby and Unicron. My reason? Unicron is not Pink.

Neither was Kirby, originally.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 09:19:12 PM »

Neither was Kirby, originally.

He was on the NES.

Offline TheBlackCat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 09:57:57 PM »
He was on the NES.

The artwork (manual and box art) for the first Kirby game (Kirby's Dreamland for the gameboy) show him as white or light gray.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:30 PM »
He was on the NES.

The artwork (manual and box art) for the first Kirby game (Kirby's Dreamland for the gameboy) show him as white or light gray.

was that manual or boxart in black & white?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 10:06:36 PM »
Huh? *checks* So true. That's not the Kirby that JonLeung used, but I suppose I can bypass such triviality.

Offline TheBlackCat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 10:29:47 PM »
was that manual or boxart in black & white?

No, it wasn't.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:23:25 AM by TheBlackCat »
-Jeff Raskin

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »
Welcome back, JonLeung.

Thanks!

Yes, while the colours were the original reason for matching the others up, I couldn't deny the fact that Kirby and Unicron are both round and have a major appetite.  Plus, I wanted something a bit more fun and different to end the chart with.  (Though they're both orange, at least when Kirby has absorbed a power in Kirby's Adventure.  A pink Unicron would be odd, that's for sure.)

It's speculation at this point, but Kirby could probably destroy planets too, if he took Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch power before doing the Megaton Punch mini-game as seen in Kirby: Super Star...

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
Hey I know you!

And yes if Kirby so wanted he could completely destroy the planet.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn