Author Topic: From bottom shelf, scorned, but proud, and calling: Phoenix comes! Phoenix! Phoenix!  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
In my local EB. Just browsing (and picking up a cheapo Prince of PerisA). No biggie. Glance through the DS games just in case I see a rare one. Nada. Just the usuals. Look down all the shelves, never hurts to be thorough. Get to the last shelf where they stick the crappy games side by side so you can only see the spines. Nada. Except. Very last on the shelf. What is that? No...it cannot be!

PHOENIX WRIGHT ACE ATTORNEY!?

Why yes! So I bought it.

It is very amusing and pleasurable.

I hope in the sequel they make the whole process more interactive, as that is my only complaint.

Now, to the point: has anyone noticed this game in greater supply?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Final case is more interactive

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
I pre-ordered mine from amazon.ca at $34.99 so they should be getting a reasonable quantity because before they had it at like >$54.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
I thought that they were sending another shipment of Pheonix Wright to the states... I was told I was wrong and the next version would be for the Wii.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Flonne

• View Profile
According to Amazon there will be another release in mid/late August.  I don't know how accurate their dates are, but as I have one preordered, I'm hoping it's accurate.  

I saw a copy of Electroplankton new (!!) at my local gamestop, but I didn't pick it up because I'm dumb.  It was gone by the next day when I came to my senses.

I have no idea how they ended up with that copy.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Anybody else notice that this gen on Nintendo it's been really easy to find the bad games, their plentiful, but the ones that everyone really think are good have been next to impossible to find post launch?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
The same Eb has TWO copies of Electroplankton.

I find that too, Ceric. And not just for DS either.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Flonne
I have no idea how they ended up with that copy.

My guess is they shrink-wrapped a used copy because they're dirty liars.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
The fourth reprinting of Phoenix Wright was supposed to ship on the 25th, but NCSX says that it didn't, and that Capcom told them to wait for Aug 7 or 8. I'm guessing Capcom decided to stiff NCSX, since they already know they want them, and sent the whole batch out to the major retail chains instead. The last reprint batch showed up in small numbers at EB stores in Canada, at least.

I'm guessing Artimus lucked out and got there right when they put their single copy out on the shelf.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

The same Eb has TWO copies of Electroplankton.
IIRC, Nintendo of Canada decided to put both Electroplankton and the USB WiFi attachment in retail stores instead of just having them online..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
That is indeed the explanation. They have the attachment too.

I'd love to get Electroplankton but not for $40.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Here in the States I don't think we ever got those shipments.   I went looking again and no retailer has a clue if their getting a new shipment.  In fact they haven't seen them in a long time.  Cubivores all over again.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
I've got Cubivore !

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I finally found it early this year.  It only took me about 3+ years of asking every game shop I went into.   Welp it looks like there is a store in Alabama and 2 in Georgia that might have copies.  Also it says that Phoenix Wright: Justice for All.  Is suppose to come out at the beginning of the year.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
There is a copy of cubivore at my local gamstop.  Is it really worth picking up for 35 bucks?  I saw Atlus on the box so I immediately wanted it but it is a hefty price for an old game.