Author Topic: What should the next zelda be about?  (Read 7984 times)

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: What should the next zelda be about?
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2003, 05:55:42 PM »
I think the "Link will look different" thing will be like how young Link in Majoar's Mask looked different from Ocarina young Link. I hope they add the sword and shield belt that went across his body (I don't know what it's called) from Majora's Mask in Wind Waker 2. I thought it was a nice improvement over the Ocarina model and frankly it looks dumb just having Link's sword and shield magically attached to his body. I was pretty dissapointed that the belt was absent in Wind Waker.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:What should the next zelda be about?
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »
Nintendo's answer?  "Hylian Velcro"
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2003, 02:09:22 AM »
yay lets have a 13 year old link that speaks to people saying 'omghi2u asl?!?!?!111111111?!' and 'true dat' we can call it Legend of Zelda, Adventures in n00b land </stupid idea>

but yeah, a slightly aged link from wind waker would be a good idea, and to have partial sea partial land, like a giant coastal map, still with a few islands but mostly land with some mountains and stuff aswell, i would thumbs up to that, controling the weather sounds good too, using fog to sneak by stuff, using rain to help againsed a giant fire demon (or something) and so forth, perhaps the wind waker baton gets upgraded by some god of faerie along the way to this new land they are sailing for?

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2003, 05:55:33 PM »
See the map here. Well, the Wind Waker 2 map should look something like that.  

Offline Ocarina_Jedi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2003, 02:51:48 PM »
That map looks pretty good but it seems a little mashed together.  Spread that out some and maybe throw on another island and maybe an underground area, and I think you've got a great layout there.

If Link is a year or two older in WW2, that would be great.  I thought that he looked too young in WW.
If Ninty keeps the same engine as WW, and pairs it with a good story, I think that WW2 could be the greatest Zelda ever.  If they listen to all of our tips, that is.
I've gotta say what I've gotta say, and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2003, 03:12:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Ocarina_Jedi
That map looks pretty good but it seems a little mashed together.  Spread that out some and maybe throw on another island and maybe an underground area, and I think you've got a great layout there.

LOL. You do realize that map is the Adventure of Link over world don't you? I just wanted to throw that out there because I personally feel it was the best over world design out of all the Zelda games and I've also always wanted to see an over world similar to that in a 3D Zelda. Wind Waker 2 would be the perfect oppurtunity to do an over world like that.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2003, 04:00:42 PM »
Don't forget the huge giant forest!  Does anyone remember the old OoT screens where trees in the Lost Woods were made of polygons?  Those screens looked really cool.  I want to see something like that.  A giant endless Lost Woods...Something you can actually get lost in

Offline Ocarina_Jedi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2003, 02:45:33 PM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master

LOL. You do realize that map is the Adventure of Link over world don't you? I just wanted to throw that out there because I personally feel it was the best over world design out of all the Zelda games and I've also always wanted to see an over world similar to that in a 3D Zelda. Wind Waker 2 would be the perfect oppurtunity to do an over world like that.

My bad.  I never actually got to play Adventure of Link.
I've gotta say what I've gotta say, and then I swear I'll go away, but I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

Offline Rogue_Metaknight

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2003, 02:59:32 PM »
I think the sequel to the next zelda game should be more land-based. There was too much sailing aroung in WW. Besides, you never got to use Epona Ok, so it may not have been named Epona this time, but that's beside the point. I do have to give WW credit , though, I thought the figurine guy and it gave you lots of places to explore. I think masks were also a good idea in MM, but I don't think you need that many if the game isn't focused on the whole 'mask' thing to begin with. Lastly, if NOTHING else, it has to have a good story. I thought flooding Hyrule was a good Idea, but what's next? By the way, I don't remember there being that many tall mountains.... well, that's just what I think.
Town: Cormrant
Name: Lynx

Beneath the cloak of shadows I wear, lay a beast even darker

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2003, 02:13:44 PM »
Nah, eponas kinda getting old.  I think Link should be able to ride a dragon!  That would be sweet!  Oh, and one of the items.  A two - handed double battle ax of course!  Sweetness!

*drools*

Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline grassfairy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2003, 02:25:57 PM »
LOL that would be cool! Link has been on land and water and I think it's time for him to be in the air flying! That would be awsome!

(Hey I'm a girl!)
I used to hate it when aunts and grandmas, used to come up to me at weddings and pinch my cheeks and say "Your next" "Your next". Well they stopped doin that crap when i started to do it to them at funerals.

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2003, 07:35:06 AM »
So ive noticed.  

But i totally agree with grass fairy

---quoted by Swordsplay---

Nah, eponas kinda getting old. I think Link should be able to ride a dragon! That would be sweet! Oh, and one of the items. A two - handed double battle ax of course! Sweetness!

*drools*

--end quote---

I think there should be some type of armor link could wear to, like chain mail or plate armor or something, that would be kinda cool!
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2003, 12:38:17 PM »
I don't like the armor idea. I like his tunic. And just the green one. The only other thing he's ever worn that totally looked awesome was his Fierce Diety's Armor, that was truly Link's greatest form. He was so badass he didn't even need a SHIELD! And his eyes and hair were white and I miss MM. I cannot keep up with all these games I hafta play.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Polemistis

• Pirate Commando Elite Space Pirate Shocktrooper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2003, 05:37:22 PM »
Hmm...after 10 mins of thinking:

I think that they should bring someone back...someone close to Ganon/Ganondorf. The villian needs to get some mysterious item to bring back Ganon/Ganondorf. Then Link gets an unexpected visit from...Navi? Hehe. Thus, he must set out once again and stop the villian from freeing Ganon/Ganondorf. BUT in the final battle at the end of the game, after Link strikes the villian down, the villian with his last breath manages to somehow free Ganon/Ganondorf. And the game ends there. The third installment of Links biggest adventure will come on Nintendos next big console, N5. And they better make it realistic graphics, it will look so damn sweet. Oh ya, maybe there should be more magic use.
Currently Playing: Kirby: Canvas Curse
Most Wanted: Next Cubed Zelda

What the hell? An Aezbit?!? PRESS L+R+B TO REBOOT SYSTEM!!

Offline -GANON-

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2003, 11:05:40 AM »
now that was a kick ass idea..but im prety sure the bad guy should be azkabanar (or whatever his name waz) the evil wizard from a link to the past who worked for ganon
he would look kick ass in cell shading (or that happy mask salesman..i never realy trusted that crepy guy)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2003, 11:14:16 AM »
Agahnim just isn't that intimidating of a character to be the final boss...What I would like to see is some enemy looks to be the leader, yet there is an even greater foe lurking in the shadows...

Offline twinkletoes

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2003, 02:15:42 PM »
I think the bad guy should be one of those fish in WW. You know, the weird looking ones (forgot their name) that add islands to your map? Well I've never liked those guys, and they should have like a fish army or something...Yeah.
Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.

Do fish ever get thirsty? If you stick a sticker on a non stick pan would it stick? Why does it say on childrens tylenol not to operate heavy machinery or vehicles when they are just kids!?

Offline -GANON-

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2003, 03:08:18 PM »
I hope they drop the whole pirate/ocean theme though. If they do that then im prety much satisfied (cant stand ocean any longer after looking forever for those damm triforce pieces)
also voice narration would be a change, since change is somthing the zelda titles hav been doin latley. i think it would improve the story's quality big time

Offline DarkSyphor

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

I think its should be when the original link comes back with the mask called Fierce Deity's Mask on him and creates 4 lord gurdians to protect him (which will be the original bosses he vs in Majoras Mask except there now evolved) and with the mask on him he becomes evil and so he uses all his power to find Link (the windwaker) and Destroy him, and this time the enemy is not gonna be weak, the creatures are now gonna be in groupes and are gonna be stronger than ever , if any one has played the game Terranigma , link (the windwaker) i think would go on a stats, like you kill a enemy you gain 20pts and it wont be like the shightan game (long for S***) FinalFantasy when you go and fight some one it goes into another mode, it will be as normal and also you can buy more stuff like shields and swords and etc, It ill be become one step closer to become a RPG game, and i was thinking this alot put in more players to make it 4 player with more characters, so it will be like Phanasy Star online on Game Cube, and put more magic and that will make alot of RPG and ADVETURE playes get a gamecube to play it, i think? any way i think the cartoon graphics should stay
I hate long paragraphs, because when i begin reading i fall asleep.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »
Umm... how about not.  Sorry, I don't mean to offend you (DarkSyphor).  I guess everyone can have their opinion though...  

Offline DarkSyphor

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2004, 05:28:24 PM »
 Oh well i thought it was good i could still dream
I hate long paragraphs, because when i begin reading i fall asleep.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2004, 03:58:05 PM »
I really liked WW, and am very glad to hear that the sequel will run on the WW engine.  The shear size of the ocean was incredible, but the islands seemed a bit small.  Hopefully the sequel takes more time on land, and bigger villages would be nice.  Sailing could make a comeback to get to certain areas, but hopefully most are accessable by land.  More side games to, I thought the side games in OoT and MM were trick.  This is my most anticipated game by far.  Zelda WW isnt just a game, its a peice of art.  Not only in terms of visuals, but the whole experience is excellent.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Snake 'n' Bake

• USER HOSTED BY ANGELFIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2004, 03:53:22 AM »
The next game should be about a mystical gem that makes everyone 50 years older Including Link and Zelda. And it's activated by someone removing it from a special underwater dungeon. That someone is Ganon, and he has a spell that dosen't make him age but Ganon was attacked by the Dungeon Keeper and he drops the gem and it breaks into 7 pieces which, under their own power, fly all over Hyrule. So Middle-aged Link has to set out and find them, but the Dungeon Keeper confronts him and tells Link that he won't be able to find the pieces without a magical compass, which, unfourtanetly, has been broken into 5 different pieces, (5 different Dungeons) So Link has to travel all over Hyrule on a *insert magical creature/animal here* and find the compass then find the gem pieces and return it to the underwater Dungeon and as a reward the Dungeon keeper will give you the Master Sword ll so you can once again smite the evil Ganon and return Hyrule to it's original state.

So, who thinks thats a possible idea?  
"So what, is the toilet seat the uncle?" ~ Futurama

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2004, 10:47:53 AM »
Well, just how did Ganon free himself after Wind Waker? :\

Offline Snake 'n' Bake

• USER HOSTED BY ANGELFIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2004, 02:31:07 PM »
Well, Ganon has been slowly biding his power inside that stone tomb thingy and then he used his power to break open the stone and he shattered the first Master Sword so he could never be ridden from Hyrule! Thats how!!!

I can't believe i forgot about Gonon's stone tomb thingy.
"So what, is the toilet seat the uncle?" ~ Futurama