Author Topic: Mario Kart characters  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Pikkcuber

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« on: May 25, 2003, 06:49:19 PM »
Hey, this month's GI said that there will be unlockable characters in mario kart, does any body have any guess's on who these are?  My guess's are maybe someone from the donkey kong universe.  Maybe cranky kong, or could you imagine kaptan K. Rool and King Koopa(i gotta go with bowsers old school name) teaming up!  Or maybe toad.  Having one of the original koopa kids would be great, but i doubt thats gonna happen.  Also i heard there were 2 koopa guys.  Is one a paratrooper and one a regular koopa?
PikkCuber

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
RE: Mario Kart characters
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 07:12:04 PM »
I think they're going to stay relatively close to the established mushroom kingdom, instead of branching out, as it would only make people ask "where's that character from?" or make them wonder why a well-known Mario character was dropped in favor of some weird character that appeared in one spin-off game.

I mean, some people are already saying that Diddy Kong is Aiai, and Aiai isn't even a Nintendo character!

I think they're going to put Toad in, as he's a favorite among a lot of players and isn't on the main roster.  After that, though, I have no idea.  I mean, I'd imagine they'd have to have a brain enough to pilot a kart, so while the Troopas make a little sense (and indeed there's the standard and para variety, although I'm not sure what the real difference is besides the wings that may not even do anything), I don't think they'd have a goomba (cos they seem really dumb).  I'm thinking they might have another character from SMS, perhaps Petey Pirahna? Or a throwback to smb2 with Wart?  I don't think they'd add another Koopa Kid, because they have Baby Bowser included.

Maybe they'll have Toad and a Shy-Guy, since they seem keen to those guys.   Also, knowing how Nintendo's been doing a crapload of unlockables in their "party" games, I'd imagine they'll have a crapload of unlockable battle arenas, too, a la ssb:m.  I could see them including the 4 N64 tracks, perhaps with slight modifications, as a "pack," and then provide, say, a battle course for each pair of characters, too, for 8 battle tracks, and maybe a few unlockable ones.

What I wonder is that if unlockable characters will still fit with the current crop of karts, or if they'll also have a few unlockable karts as well.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 09:16:04 PM »
omg yes, shy guys goombas the hammer bros. maybe? lekitu Poochy from Yoshi's Island
omg the posibilities!

Offline Samwise Gamgee

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 10:10:43 PM »
how about the guys who throw the hammers! they are as old school mario as ure gonna get aside from goombas
"I made a promise! A promis; Don't you leave him Samewise Gamgee, and i don't mean to, i don't mean to!"

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 12:43:12 AM »
read my post samwise, i said hammer bros.
any of the mario enemies would be great, even metal mario would be cool, not so good at racing but great in multiplayer battle

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 03:58:58 AM »
Toad, Shy Guy, and Boo should be unlockable. They should all have their own kart as well.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 05:02:32 AM »
Toad needs to be in this game.  He was my all-time favorite from MK64.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »
metal mario.  his nice shiney chrome kart would look kinda cool.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline JoeSmashBro

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 11:04:16 AM »
sonic. except instead of a kart, he just runs, and wins every time.
-Joe
"If the guests give you their coats, hang them in the closet!"
AIM: WhatJoeSays

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 11:15:34 AM »

Originally posted by: JoeSmashBro
sonic. except instead of a kart, he just runs, and wins every time.

The irony of the kart racing during Sonic Adventure 2 notwithstanding.

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline Dragon164z

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2003, 01:22:28 PM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:30:17 PM by Dragon164z »

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 01:28:59 PM »
I'm guessing that you'll probabaly only be able to unlock 3 or 4 characters and you will be able to unlock more features, like becoming a metal character, or alternate costumes. I also think that Boo will not be a character, because he will probabaly be used as the course ghost in time trial mode. If there are any new characters, i'm guessing.... Toad (definitely) and Shy guy.
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2003, 01:41:10 PM »
Birdo is a main person.

I think Toad, a shy guy, and perhaps E. Gadd.  Maybe some really old character (there are tons in Super Mario World (the SNES one; I'm not sure if that's the right name)).  Who knows?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2003, 03:40:37 PM »
Toad and possibly Shy Guy and Boo.  Metal Mario could be in there too.  Of course, these all have been already suggested by people who posted before me.  Still though, I'd go with their guesses as these characters are likely to be the hidden characters in the game.  If I wanted one hidden character though, I'd like to see Giga Bowser.  Giga Bowser would be slow as dirt, but his weapon will do mass destruction.  Not to mention teaming him up with Metal Mario would just be plain cool to see.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Mario Kart characters
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2003, 03:47:53 PM »
Bah, you need an appearance from Link, Sonic, Tales, Toad, Shy Guy, Boo, Pikmin Guys, and Monkeys (from Super Monkey Ball).

Let's expand the diversity from Mushroom Kingdom and Donkey Kong. Hey, why not Mega Man!!

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2003, 03:52:17 PM »
Let's not forget Master Chief.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2003, 04:12:07 PM »
while we are at it sam fisher and even bill gates

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2003, 04:14:37 PM »
Smash Bros. has ruined people for Nintendo license games...

As for my two cents...how about Kamek?  His weapon could be the Lightning Bolt!

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2003, 05:33:40 PM »
Well im in favor of toad, and metal mario, and i still want kaptan K rool.  But adding link and stuff, no way not a chance if they havent announced anybody out of the mario universe except the donkey kongs (who were in the original mario kart games anyway)they wont do it now, and besides link would look to silly in a kart.  As for sonic, thats a negative. Remember about a year ago shiggy asked sega if sonic could be in it and shiggy wanted to make sure sonic was exclusive to the Gcube, and now that sonic hero's is on all 3 consoles, thats a definite no for sonic.  And most likely all sega characters (sorry monkey ball monkeys) but im all for going old school bad guy's in the kart.  But boo would look to crazy in the kart, and gooma's have no arms.  HOw about GENO and Malo?  i bet theres some liscenseing problems there with square-enix but we can always hope.
PikkCuber

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2003, 05:57:52 PM »
I reckon that Waluigi will have a kart, and maybe daisy.

Offline MegaJbomb

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2003, 08:37:05 AM »
It'd be neat to have Wa-Peach or maybe Wa-Toad (in addition to Toad of course).  But what I'd really like to see is the awesome characters from the Wario Ware game! (Dribble and Spitz/Ana and Kat are practically MADE for mario kart)
Sometimes I sit still, I think about all that has happened and what's to come.  I'm afraid, yet excited.  Will the future bring me joy and happiness, love and laughter, or hate and sorrow, loneliness and dispair?  So far I have seen all these come and go and something tells me there's more yet to co

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2003, 05:07:01 PM »
Wa-no, I think Wario's brother is enough.

But yeah, my personal guess is Toad, DK Jr., Shy Guy, Waluigi,

It'd be neat if they reached way back out there for some of the lesser used Mario characters like the Koopa Kids, Wart, Isle Delfino resident, Magikoopa and maybe some others I cant think of.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
Mario Kart characters
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2003, 06:47:28 PM »
DK Junior=the DK you know now stupid head.  And i like prof E. Gadd and his special weapons can be like all these gadgets and stuff.
PikkCuber