Author Topic: Tuesdayton!!!! Conference play by play thread  (Read 12907 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Tuesdayton!!!! Conference play by play thread
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2006, 12:08:39 PM »
I'm not as excited as usual for some reason.

I guess I'm really down on the name.  Which is really shallow.  But we get made fun of enough for being Nintendo fans.  Now we're...Wii fans.  I dunno.  Nintendo's really going to have to amaze me tomorrow if they want me to purchase a Wii.

I hope they announce a name change-back tomorrow.  I hope to God.

But uh...yeah.  I guess I'm really excited about what we see with Twilight Princess.  Stuff they've been telling us during this huge screenshot-drought makes me think some major, major changes have been made while we're not looking.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline obscureownership

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Tuesdayton!!!! Conference play by play thread
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2006, 12:28:38 PM »

Originally posted by: kirby_killer_dedede
I'm not as excited as usual for some reason.

I guess I'm really down on the name.  Which is really shallow.  But we get made fun of enough for being Nintendo fans.  Now we're...Wii fans.  I dunno.  Nintendo's really going to have to amaze me tomorrow if they want me to purchase a Wii.

If you are playing games based on what other people think of you, you are playing games for the wrong reason.  
"we all no the revolutions gonna be worse than 360 and ps3 but hey its cheaper and i dont even think im gonna get any of them because i dont waste 400 bucks on sum crap that destroys your brain and cuts away from you guitar playing time!!!!!!!!!"

-A Review of the Wii by Cheese from Amazon dot

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
RE: Tuesdayton!!!! Conference play by play thread
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2006, 12:40:14 PM »

I hope they announce a name change-back tomorrow. I hope to God.
Having an article printed in Time is the best proof yet that the name Wii is not a publicity stunt.  It wasn't at all likely before that, either.  It's slightly more possible that continuous negative opinions about the name in the mainstream press will convince them to change it before release, but it would take a massive outpouring of hate for that to happen, the kind of hate that the mainstream press simply cannot generate about something as ultimately ridiculous as video games.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: Tuesdayton!!!! Conference play by play thread
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2006, 06:57:33 AM »
37 more minutes...i think
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post