Author Topic: Planet Trivia Results for 3/3/2006  (Read 3565 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Planet Trivia Results for 3/3/2006
« on: March 03, 2006, 06:19:17 PM »
An amazing FIVE stumpers!  Thank MegaByte, mostly.

-----QUESTION WRITERS----
Jonathan Metts: 1-9 (9)
Stan Ferguson: 10-15 (6)
Ty Shughart: 16 (1)
Aaron Kaluszka: 17-22 (6)
Evan Burchfield: 23-25 (3)
Michael Cole: 26-30 (5)

-----QUESTIONS-----

Q1] Ignoring the CD-i and Satellaview games, which Zelda game(s) cannot be played on a GameCube with an attached GB Player?
A1] Zelda for Game & Watch (it is not included in any of the G&W Gallery compilations)

Q2] What are the names of the four playable monkeys in Super Monkey Ball 2? (one line)
A2] <ShanD> aiai, meme, baby, and gongon

Q3] In what EA-published GameCube title do you free New York City from a "what-if" Soviet invasion?
A3] <ShanD> fredom fighters

Q4] What "new" feature in Mario Kart DS was actually subtly included in earlier games in the series, according to producer Hideki Konno?
A4] <ShanD> drafting

Q5] What is the only Nintendo-published game to endorse the Logitech Speed Force steering wheel on its NA box art?
A5] <dest> F-zero GX

Q6] What are the suits available in Metroid Prime? (one line)
A6] <ShanD> power, vargia, gravity phazzon, fusion <<<< Varia and phazon, but whatever

Q7] What developer royally screwed up the controls for Mega Man Anniversary Collection on GameCube?
A7] <Cyan> Atomic Planet Entertainment

Q8] Which Nintendo of America executive once held a "BRILLIANT!" job at Guinness?
A8] <Bastian> Reggie Fils' Aime

Q9] In Timesplitters 2, what activity is required for the challenges "Pane in the Neck", "Bricking It", and "Stain Removal"?
A9] <Cyan> breaking windows

Q10] Who founded Nintendo Koppai?
A10] <Blaster> fusijaro yamuchi <<<< Barely accepted.  It's Fusajiro Yamauchi

Q11] What company provided the solar cells for Nintendo Beam Gun Games?
A11] <Bastian> Prolly Sharp

Q12] In 1975 Nintendo teamed up with Mitsubishi Electronics to produce what video game system?
A12] <Cyan> TV-Game 6

Q13] In WWF No Mercy what was Eddie Guerrero's character specific props?
A13] <TKnHappyNess> Roses

Q14]What city and country does Soda Popinski hail from?
A14] <dest> Moscow, USSR

Q15] What's the name of the final boss in Gradius III?
A15] <Cyan> Bacterion

Q16] What song is featured in the Guilty Gear Dust Strikers video trailer?
A16] Drumhead Pulsation

Q17] In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan, Krang's bonus game is based on which famous game?
A17] Nim

Q18] In Kururin Paradise, what do ghosts do if you get too close to them, and what is their effect?
A18] Grab your vehicle, slow/pull rotation

Q19] Which NES game's title contains a poor translation of the Japanese onomatopoeia for whirring sound?
A19] <HadesGigas> Clu Clu Land

Q20] Which Pokemon Mini game was released in Europe, but not in the US?
A20] <Cyan> Pokémon Shock Tetris

Q21] In Zoo Keeper, which animal only appears in some levels?
A21] Rabbit

Q22] In the Super Mario Bros. comics, what was the name of the spoof of Ripley's Believe it or Not?
A22] <Cyan> Koopa's Believe It Or Else!

Q23] What is the occupation of the Giant Roller Skating Robot in Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon?
A23] <HadesGigas> actor

Q24] In Trauma Center: Under the Knife, what is the name of the procedure for excision of tumors that you learn early in the game?
A24] Powell Procedure

Q25] What fan-beloved feature from Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon was removed from the American release of its sequel, Goemon's Great Adventure?
A25] <HadesGigas> japanese lyrics

Q26] The soundstone in Drill Dozer strongly resembles what musical symbol?
A26] <Bastian> Treble Cleff

Q27] Which N64 game features vehicles such as the Auricom and Feisar?
A27] <Cyan> wipeout

Q28] On the Mairo Power Tennis Website, Peach writes a postcard to Mario alluding to another game.  What is the reference, and what game is it referring to?
A28] <Cyan> glitzville, paper mario: thousand year door <<< The Great Gonzales, too, ya know.

Q29] In Kirby's Dream Course, which two powers allow Kirby to safely travel on the surface of water?
A29] <Bastian> Freeze, Tire <<<<< It's Wheel, but other staffers made the case

Q30] What is the name of the Lethal Lava Land mission only found on Nintendo DS?
A30] <Cyan> Flaming Silver Stars

-----RESULTS-----

Cyan: 9

ShanD: 4

Bastian: 4

HadesGigas: 3

dest: 2

Blaster: 1

TKNHappyNess: 1

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline LupintheThird

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Planet Trivia Results for 3/3/2006
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:31:29 PM »

Q1] Ignoring the CD-i and Satellaview games, which Zelda game(s) cannot be played on a GameCube with an attached GB Player?

Actually the answer to this question is incorrect, because G&W Gallery 4 does have the Classic version of the game in question as the final unlockable. Therefore, ignoring the CD-i and Satellaview games, there IS no Zelda game that cannot be played on a GCN/GBP combination in some fashion or another.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE: Planet Trivia Results for 3/3/2006
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:52:50 PM »
Reed with a good catch on that one.

Oh, and incredibly off topic, but I would just like to complement you Nelson for the linear notes on the "Lupin the 3rd: Strange Psychokinetic Strategy" DVD as they made for a nice read.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 11:36:32 PM »
In that case, how about the Zelda Game Watch (not Game & Watch)?
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline LupintheThird

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 10:31:24 AM »
Yes, come to think of it, the Zelda Game Watch would actually be a valid answer.  And since the question is nonspecific about the game type, the Zelda board game would be a valid response as well.

Also Off-topic: Wow, thanks for the compliment! My first PGC post ever and I'm immediately identified.
I liked doing the notes. The project was a lot of fun and I'd like to be involved with Discotek's animated Lupin discs in some fashion or another. My question is, if you liked the liner notes so much (assuming you are the one who wrote the Toho Kingdom site review) why did the extras rating take such a hit? (1.5 out of 5? Ouch!)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 12:26:19 PM »
Minus two points for Jonny.  Good catch.  And I actually owned that Zelda Game Watch--totally forgot about that!
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 02:56:10 PM »

Originally posted by: LupintheThird
I liked doing the notes. The project was a lot of fun and I'd like to be involved with Discotek's animated Lupin discs in some fashion or another. My question is, if you liked the liner notes so much (assuming you are the one who wrote the Toho Kingdom site review) why did the extras rating take such a hit? (1.5 out of 5? Ouch!)

Yep, that would be my review, and the scoring is done comparatively to other DVD titles I have gone over for the site. Perhaps I was too harsh on the 'Strange Psychokinetic Strategy' disc, but I found the gallery to be very unimpressive leaving only the trailer and linear notes to really shine. In contrast, I gave Tokyo Shock's Space Amoeba disc a 3.5 rating in that area, and it had two trailers for the film, four for other Toho movies, a 9 minute feature on the animals used, and a full (subtitled) audio commentary with the movie's producer (and I was sad to see that the commentary with Takashi Tsuboshima found on the region 2 Lupin disc wasn't included).

Looking at some of the AnimEigo reviews, though, it seems I might have been a little too harsh here... Anyway, I'm also looking forward to the "Fuma Conspiracy" and "Legend of the Gold of Babylon", although still no general idea when to expect them this year.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 03:47:48 PM »
I give my worthless props to Evan Burchfield for the Goemon questions.  Yeah!

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 03:14:59 PM »
Your props are oh so not worthless. Thanks.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog