Author Topic: Tecmo announces Fatal Frame for the Wii developed by Grasshopper Manufacture!  (Read 13471 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Tecmo announces Fatal Frame for the Wii developed by Grasshopper Manufacture!
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 12:40:15 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
I played one of the Fatal Frames (I think it was one) and found it to be pretty good. So I take it this will be a new iteration and not a remake or port plus?

I don't think they'd give it to Grasshopper if they were just wanting a port done! Also, this is news! I liked the first Project Zero, a lot. Except that it took up 1.5MB of PS2 memory card space INSANITY. The second one was a tad more disturbing (haha! incest!) and the third one bored me. Maybe this one will be unboring!

This is probably as close as I'll get to a sequel of Grasshopper's extremely EROTIC CAKE SHOP Michigan too.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
RE: Tecmo announces Fatal Frame for the Wii developed by Grasshopper Manufacture!
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 02:16:48 AM »
Isn't this game just a Pokemon Snap rip-off?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Tecmo announces Fatal Frame for the Wii developed by Grasshopper Manufacture!
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 03:19:53 AM »
Michigan or Fatal Frame? I don't know Pokemon Snap but if it's a first person shooter (effectively, you can move in third person but all attacks are done in first person) / survival horror game, yes, FF is just a PMS ripoff.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 04:14:33 AM »
This is news.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 07:11:35 AM »
Well thanks everyone. I have a better understanding now, and it sounds like a great concept.

I think this game can really benefit by being made for the Wii. I don't remember who (speak up!), but someone mentioned an alien game a few years back where you rolled around with a flame-thrower and your only "radar" was this 'blip' that came from your Wiimote. The faster the 'blip' the closer you were to your enemy. Now that was a damn good idea.

It would be cool if this game used that same idea, where your entire HUD was completely blank and your radar was audible. Also, you could show your health by making the character hobble, have blood dribble down the screen, by having the character breath harder, or many even through insanity effects.

I haven't played the other games, but I don't have to to know this game has a lot of potential.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 07:18:10 AM »
The one I watched Cap play on the xbox was cute but nothing to write home about.

Throw Suda's flair for insanity into this and I think it has potential.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Terranigma Freak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 08:28:08 AM »
Well this is certainly unexpected. What's more surprising: The fact that Fatal Frame is coming to the Wii; or that the game is being made by Suda 51? Could this be a sign of things to come? I'm not a fan, but any kind of support can only lead to good things.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »
starting is back up

This is Excellent news
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Galford

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Tecmo announces Fatal Frame for the Wii developed by Grasshopper Manufacture!
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 06:07:31 PM »
If this is true, then good news.
I would wait for a second confirmation before popping the champange.

I hope Grasshopper pushes the Wii to it's limit, otherwise it look like a port of FF2 for the Xbox.
Wii Code - 8679 5256 1008 2077

Offline WalkingTheCow

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 10:41:26 PM »
This is not news.

. . . It's also not really neat and has me surprised, curious and/or excited.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
You know I'm sort of torned on this one.  On the one hand I would really like to play Fatal Frame and use the Wiimote with it.  On the other hand I think, from the descriptions, that this is one of those games that could have benefitted from the jump to HD.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
How would it benefit from going HD?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Maniac Mansion scared the hell out of me when I ran across the game while playing the spiritual sequel Day of the Tentacle. You don't need HD graphics for horror games.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
The game has finally been revealed...to be PRODUCED and PUBLISHED by Nintendo!?

Pics inside!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Ugh.  Now Nintendo has to fund, help develop, and publish their own third party games.

What happened to the third party confidence?
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
On one hand this sounds like a great proposition because it now definitely means that the game will get more than just adequate treatment for the Wii on day one.  There's no doubt in my mind that it will get the development attention it needs.

On the other hand, what the heck was stopping them from doing this without Nintendo's development or publishing help?  I can understand the assistance on technical details on the system, every company does that,  but outright joint development?  Why have them publish the game when on another console they would've more than likely done it themselves.  What happened to just making a good title and giving it enough push to survive on it's own two feet?  They've done that on the other consoles with successful results and yet for some reason when it involves a Nintendo system they're taking safeguards as if to say that without their logo on the box it won't sell?  It's not that I don't like the idea of Nintendo being involved with the title like this, but it just seems a bit odd to me seeing them go this route on here when anywhere else they would've handled it on their own.  With Arika and Endless Ocean I can see it since Arika isn't that big of a company, but Tecmo is a huge name.  I don't get it.  

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
I guess this is Nintendo's way of handing out money hats:

"If we are going to give you money it better be good, and the only way we can make sure of that is to be involved ourselves."  
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I for one will not look this gift horse in the mouth and I welcome more Suda51.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
The screen shots look really nice. Even if they are cutscenes.

As for Nintendo publishing it, meh. At least it reinsures that it will be Nintendo Only. Thou whats interesting is that this is the second game where Tecmo isn't publishing their own game. Ninja Gaiden II is being published by Microsoft. Does anyone know if Ninja Gaiden DS is being published by Nintendo too?

Maybe this is just a new trend by Tecmo?
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Mint!

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
Or that all of a sudden Tecmo can't afford to handle their own games in their entirety anymore.  Now that I think about it, this ain't the only company doing stuff like this either.  Can't be boding that well for the industry if the individual development groups can't publish and develop their own games anymore.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
APRIL FOOLS
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Deguello
Ugh.  Now Nintendo has to fund, help develop, and publish their own third party games.

What happened to the third party confidence?

Well Ninja Gaiden II is co-published by Microsoft for the 360 maybe Tecmo is falling on hard times and may need help from the big 3 to co-publish games for their systems, I'm sure Nintendo Microsoft and Sony won't mind since they will get a higher profit margin per sale.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Does this mean Tecmo is ripe for a financially-driven exclusive relationship? STRIKE!!!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
According to IGN, there's rumors going around that Nintendo has purchased the rights to the Fatal Frame name.  If that's the case, it's put this whole involvement in development thing into a whole new light.