Author Topic: METROID PRIME 2  (Read 96268 times)

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #650 on: January 21, 2005, 12:09:57 PM »
goddamn it you people, this is going nowhere, go have a beer and relax
I realise that art and design are certain aspects of videogaming that are legitimately
discussed, but seriously, it can go too far for amateur non computer pro gamer which most of us are
LZ 2005

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #651 on: January 21, 2005, 11:04:40 PM »
I recently got the Sticky Ball.  I'll resume dedicated play when my component cable comes in.  But starting a new semester Monday will definitely cause my Sanity Meter to drop.  
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 23, 2005, 10:45:02 AM »
Paladin, no, I cannot prove that there are many more gamers who dislike the Metroid Prime 2 game for the reason of increased difficulty! But I assume that is how things are, and I also assume that people have gone over to Microsoft Xbox and Halo 2 since they found it more interesting to play. That would be why the Halo 2 sold 5 million, and Metroid Prime way under even a million!

The fun thing is that Nintendo appears to agree with me on the issue of difficulty in games. Save for Metroid-series, they have a duty to make games available to the massmarket which appeal to everybody, and not just die-hard difficulty fanatics!

Many quotes from NCL President, Satoru Iwata, herald a paradigm shift in gaming for one single reason: he thinks, Nintendo thinks, that most gamers out there find that games have become too complicated, too difficult! Nintendo don´t think things like that, without having a substantial reason for it!! And I continue to hold, that it is only the hardcoregamers who will like that increased difficulty! What is a hardcoregamer? To me it is a gamer, who goesall-outin his orher desire to play and play. They have all the time in the world to do just that...play! But not so with most others. Work, school, other day-to-day activities take up a lot of time and means that majority would not be able toinvest the required time or energy in games too hard! They will just shift their attention over to something which will entertain them better.  

I could play Mario 64 in days bygone on Nintendo 64, and find it was actually possible for me to complete that game and feel GREAT about it! Why ruin my experience? Why raise the standard of difficulty, when people are content with what they´ve got already? Why did they make Mario Sunshine so difficult? I said from day one that it was too difficult, and I was proven right. everywhere I now read and look people have already dubbed it too difficult.

Is it a small amount of gamers, or is it a majority who should decide what the companies make?

Have you ever thought about what Iwata said? That most have tired of said difficulty? Or even about how the market started to stagnate a long time ago, because games sales could not be increased for some reason? Do you not think that that reason could be related to the frustration many more than you would feel over increasingly complicated games, increasingly difficult games? I understand you! You LIKE the challenge in difficulty, apparantly so at least, and you share this view with others. But companies making games, cannot make money like that if more people want a change to take place so that games give them more fun requiring less skill and time.

They can make more money on many! If they are to ever expand their marketshares in todays gamingmarket, it will come through Iwata´s promised paradigm shift! No more samey games, that developers like to make more difficult in the hope that they will sell more! Because they wont! Because that is not how you circumvent the first problem: a tired old formula, that need urgent renewal if the market is not to fall apart! It´s BACK TO BASICS of gaming!!

That is my belief, and it will continue to be just that. So in that respect, I am with Nintendo all the way!! They understand truly where the fun in games starts, and boredom or frustration ends!! THAT, my friend, is how our favourite gamescompany will once again become the marketleader!  
Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 23, 2005, 11:47:01 AM »
hmm, I just hope that simple doesnt mean shallow and short

for me simple but engaging fun is a game like Zelda or Mario, easy and fun to play, amazing learning curve, but amazing wouldnt even be enought to describe how great these games are
LZ 2005

Offline Gamebasher

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 24, 2005, 06:41:09 AM »
Time will show us, if Nintendo still has the magic to put in them games!

They´re now up against a variety of competitors, so they´d better know how to deliver!  
Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 24, 2005, 07:01:16 AM »
Well done to Retro and Nintendo to making this game slightly-more difficult than previously.

If it's too difficult, you're failing.

Some may not like it, but a game should present me a challenge (Super Monkey Ball 2 on Advanced or Expert Mode is a good example) but not be so easy I wasted ÂŁ35 (Crash Bandicoot).
The level of difficulty in Echoes was centred exactly in the middle of the two (which would explain the Teen Rating - A little persistence paid off. In places the difficulty was extremely mean but I would rather adapt to the game rather than the game adapt to lower skill-abilities.
Low sales for Echoes is entirely down to Nintendo and their poor marketing. All my friends play Halo 2 multiplayer at the weekend when they can but do not for Echoes. IT's not down to Retro (though a similar but not exact "standard" control scheme would be beneficial) but to Nintendo for failing with their marketing so much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 24, 2005, 11:45:49 AM »

I'm rating it somewhere around a lower 90's score. There are a few things that I just really disliked with the game. Mainly the unnecessary amount of Keys. (4 translation keys, 9 "temple" keys and 9 more keys to the final area? it was just a stupid pain when the only thing in your way was a door you couldn't get past).
I actually agree with this comment quite a bit.  While the level design was excellent, it felt a bit lazy and I couldn't put it into words until just now.  The old Metroid games didn't have any keys (or very few at least).  And while it's not a huge deal, they seem out of place in the Metroid world.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 24, 2005, 01:13:07 PM »
I don't mind collecting keys, it takes me practically no time at all, but I would prefer it if they did something a little more original to extend the game.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 25, 2005, 09:24:20 AM »
I never finished the game, I should probably get back to it, im only 35% in
but I cant motivate myself, I havent played it for over a month now
LZ 2005

Offline Gamebasher

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 27, 2005, 06:46:59 AM »
Hemmorrhoid, I truly do understand why you haven´t!

And Plugabugz: I am not failing! I am dumping the game, because I don´t want to play anymore! BECAUSE: I was nolonger feeling being entertained! Gaming is not about a club where only the toughest are IN! Gaming is about entertainment, and I did not feel I was experiencing that anylonger with Metroid Prime 2!

Tsk, some people just can´t get it tough enough.  

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: January 27, 2005, 08:38:41 AM »
I'm trying to suggest that you personally are failing (it's all a joke, no offence intended).

I personally like a challenge and the game did exactly that. The difficult obviously surprised me at first but when I got used to it I realised I couldn't walk through everything with ease.
If you didn't enjoy the game then i'm sorry. Everyone to their own I suppose.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 27, 2005, 11:48:08 PM »
its always impossible to cater to everyones personal taste
but it does however still surprise me that a game as awesome as MP2 (yes I do recognize it as an awesome game)still
manages that im not motivated enough to try to beat it
but maybe I really need to give it another try, especially since im not far in the game
I wouldnt even say this game is too hard, but its certainly not as fascinating as MP1
LZ 2005

Offline Gamebasher

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 28, 2005, 08:50:31 AM »
Yes, it is far from as fascinating as the first one. I sincirely hope that Retro will make a third Metroid game which will be more like the first one. I just think it would appeal to more people.

I always loved the way in which Nintendo create gaming universes that are full of fun, beauty and great atmosphere. If it all gets too dark, I´m already looking elsewhere for entertainment. So if indeed Retro are so in love with Nintendo as they expressed in a recent IGN interview, they should look more at the way their idols do games!! I just can´t recognize any Nintendo things in Metroid Prime 2.  

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 28, 2005, 09:01:22 AM »
"Yes, it is far from as fascinating as the first one. I sincirely hope that Retro will make a third Metroid game which will be more like the first one. I just think it would appeal to more people."

That's why MP2 did worse than MP1 in reviews... because it was more of the first one and wasn't as new. The reviews said as much. There goes that theory.

Stop trying to generalize your negative opinion of MP2 as an universal complaint. I could say I like MP2 more than MP1 in every single way (I do) and act like everybody was on my side too... I think you'll be hard-pressed to find any major reviews that gave MP2 the extremely low review you're apparently hoping for.

Give it a rest.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 28, 2005, 09:25:29 AM »
I hope they go back to the old weapons (Ice, Wave, etc).  Light and Dark beams were just fine the Echos, but you'd have a hard time explaining it outside of Echos' storyline.

Also, if they stick with the ammo system for the upgradable beam weapons, there needs to be an upgrade or two for your regular beam.  I didn't like how it took just as many shots to destroy a Sandigger 10 hours into the game as it did to kill it 10 minutes into the game.

BTW, this post is reply # 666.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #665 on: January 28, 2005, 11:49:53 AM »
I am LOVING this game, now that I've found time to play it.  I've recently defeated "D.irk S.amuel" at the "S.an F.rancisco Tekno Tower."  These "Noisy Glasses" are pretty cool...

I'm taking a slightly different approach with Prime2 than I did with Prime1.  This time (first time thru), I tried playing without the assistance of the Hint System.  I managed to go thru maybe 2/3 (my assumption) of the game before I truly got stuck for the first time.  Up until getting the Sticky Ball, I was able to recall all the magnetic rails available to me, except for the one I needed the most:  the one that leads to the Power Bomb Guardian.  After a couple fruitless hours of searching (i did however visit all the OTHER rails and picked up a bunch of upgrades) for the Holy Magnetic Rail of Progress, I gave-in and activated the hint system which told me to run my ass back to the Hydrodynamo Chamber.  I'm like... D'OH!!  Then I turned the hints off.  It never dawned on me I hadn't visited the portal there when I looked at that part of the map.  A minor defeat.  At least all the Yellow Doors no longer had a reason to laugh at me.  I hope that's the last time I'll use the hints.

Anyway, whenever I aquired an appropriate upgrade, I ditched the main quest and went hunting for upgrades using my new tool(s) wherever I thought they would apply.  Whether I'm getting upgrades or advancing in the quest via backtracking, my progress is highly dependent on the map system and my knowledge of the stages.  So, it feels like the world is actually opening up on "my terms" and merit rather than it leading me on via the hints, and thus, I'm enjoying my Prime2 experience more than my Prime1 experience.  (beyond the obvious increase in enemy difficulty, increased stage complexity, and the audio/visual bells&whistles; all lovely)

Admittedly, I'd say the level/theme design in Prime1 was more "elegantly" random than Prime2, since Prime2 makes the 3-region structure very apparent early on, similar to Majora's Mask's 4-region "compass."  How Prime1's world would unfold I think was less apparent.  Prime1 also has a slight benefit of familiarity by having Fire/Ice/WhateverElemental-themed stages, which people seem to not want to let go of, maybe cuz it's a "Zelda thing."  As for Prime2, for me the stages gradually seemed "cooler" and more interesting as I progressed, probably cuz the music became catchier the further I went along.  Agon does have a dry feel to it, which I don't really enjoy just like the early Chozo Ruins and the rusty feel of Tallon's Phazon Mine facility.  Gladly, things "improved" afterwards, which might've been intentional.  This is different from my feelings towards Prime1, where the majority of the stage music was energetic until it contrasted with the rusty loneliness of the Phazon Mines and the rice-crispy crackles of the Crash Site.  I can draw many parallels in level/theme design between Prime1&2, but I do enjoy Retro's effort to make Aether distinct from Tallon IV.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 28, 2005, 04:32:50 PM »
Either way, Prime 2 still has the best art design all year. I'm playing through Half-Life 2 now and the games got pretty good artwork... But there's just something about it... I doesn't really say "Half-Life" to me...

Offline Gamebasher

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 29, 2005, 06:40:53 AM »
Paladin, why do you think I am seeking to generalize my complaint? I know well that there are people who like it, and those who don´t. I know it scored highly in all the reviews, did I anywhere say it didn´t? I NEVER mentioned anything about that! I was speculating that it sold less, insisting it sold less, because it is more difficult than the first one. Whether or not I appear to generalize it as a universal attitude towards a very difficult game, I still think many will agree with me!! But of course, for those who crave "more challenge" each time it´s a different story. Maybe it´s 50/50 ratio. I don´t know.

But you´re right, let´s give it a rest! I´ve had enouigh of discussing this, and I understand your position vs. my own. So I am now merely waiting for the next Metroid game, and then we´ll see how that one will be. I am sure I will like it, since Retro appears to try a new theme each time and therefore may come up with something completely different in the next game.  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #668 on: January 29, 2005, 10:32:38 AM »
I just got the S.pinny A.irmaster. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 29, 2005, 11:12:14 AM »
That took me several days to learn how to use properly.

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 29, 2005, 11:23:12 AM »
You can't turn while using it, can you? Just making sure.

For some reason it felt exactly like the one in the old Metroids... the rhythm felt the exact same to me and I picked it up in a matter of minutes.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 29, 2005, 11:34:58 AM »
The manual says you can turn using it.
However the turn is extremely limited.

I haven't played any console Metroid before Metroid Prime and none of the handheld Metroid's; I wasn't very used to it. Hence why it took me several days.

The room design for the Vault, where you have to use the Screw Attack to leave the room wasn't very helpful. I then broke the game in my attempt. Screw attack into the outer wall on the right side where the platform to leave the room is. If you continue doing it, the game will eventually put you on the platform instead.
I had the hint system on, it would have been helpful to have had a DDR "follow the timing" thing for the first attempt to get used to how to use it.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #672 on: February 01, 2005, 10:12:23 PM »
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is now my fav GCN game to date.

~~~~~

It'd be nice if Samus got a fuzzy kawaii Metroid familiar that talks back to you in the next game.

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 01, 2005, 10:24:34 PM »
"Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is now my fav GCN game to date."

Welcome to the club. I think it's just the two of us.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #674 on: June 13, 2019, 01:21:18 AM »
"Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is now my fav GCN game to date."

Welcome to the club. I think it's just the two of us.

Three.

What a magnificent, beautiful, frustrating, invigorating, creepy, challenging, and epic game. I played through this again on twitch.tv/zapr2k and finished it last night while using a guide, as I have lost the will to wander aimlessly for hours. Though I always knew where I was going and got almost every expansion, it still took me 14.5 hours.

Nearly 15 years later, there is much to love and much that still gets under my skin. For all the frustrating moments, you couldn't complain in 2004 that you weren't getting your money's worth. It's gobsmacking what the geniuses at Retro Studios achieved in only 2 years: bigger world, more intricate environments, completely new enemies, music, and locations, we finally get the screw attack in 3D, a new beam ammo system, some new visors, a little more NPC interaction, and a dash of Link to the Past. I only saw a few similar enemies and a couple structures that looked like they were recycled from Prime 1, but they dressed them up well enough that only a true fan would notice.

The debates in this thread about the graphics are well-founded, for the artistic creativity here is quite memorable. You have to love the creepy, weird, and twisted places Samus finds herself in, far away from the comforting fire/ice/forest tropes of the past. Sanctuary Fortress is a fantastic land of futurist vision and retro-ish square bit artistry and glowy things and energy conduits and strange things on the walls. What are those? Why did the Luminoth build this stuff? Got some steampunk vibes in a few spots, if you’re into that sort of thing. However, the dark world is full of nightmarish enemies and the constantly draining health will get your heart pounding so that when you finally return to the light world you’ll be audibly breathing a sigh of relief. *Hope I don’t have to go back in there anytime soon* Can anyone say that other games from this period still produce the same range of emotions, with upwards of 100 uniquely designed rooms, and without framerate dips?

Our heroine’s story isn’t so lonely as in past games. Caught up in a big battle between the Galactic Federation, the Space Pirates, Luminoth, and Ing horde, I felt so empowered by it all, knowing that I (Samus) succeeded when everyone else failed, so it seemed more epic than Prime 1’s. It’s a little Zeldaish too. Just bring back the light to the temples and help the poor townspeople get back to their lives; no one really knows about it in the end except the Luminoth, you’re just that heroic.

All these great ideas and additions, ironically, are probably why the game is so frustrating, a problem mostly in the boss battles and yet another collectathon ending. I think Retro may have bitten off more than they could chew and ran out of time to tweak some things. A lot of the difficulty in Echoes is simply overpowered enemies that could've been turned down just a bit. The Ing Hunter (long spindly arms) and Rezbit (yellow 8-bit floating thingy that can shut down your suit) are the worst of all worlds: require wayyy too many hits to kill, inflict too much damage, can turn invulnerable for long periods, and/or are nearly impossible to avoid or dodge—yet they’re always in the same room, respawning after you return to do it all over again. Another annoying flaw is that for some enemies, the Annihilator beam, the final weapon, does not seem to do any more damage than the simple power beam, and it’s the Screw Attack that can defeat most enemies in one hit. In fact, too many enemies turn too many otherwise simple rooms into a miniboss battle. Then you add in the dark world auto-damage while you’re waiting for a door to open, as well as rooms, like in Prime 1, that are locked until everyone is defeated, and soon you’ve got a bit of Phazon-induced madness setting in.

Took me awhile on a simple spiderball puzzle because this enemy kept knocking me off. Impossible... until you realize you can kill it with a powerbomb. Oops.

Also, did anyone use the Seeker Missile other than for enemies/bosses/puzzles where it was required?  I found it way too awkward to use in the heat of battle unless it was required.  Hopefully MP3 (on Revolution) will fix this problem by making the Seeker Missile easier to use.

That was certainly annoying. The best way to use the Seeker Missile is to tap and hold the missile button immediately after shooting a charged beam, otherwise you waste a missile trying to activate it--one of the many times the Cube could’ve used a second Z button (and I think we all know who to blame for that *laughs*).

One of the icons for the visors in the trailer looked new. It looked like sound waves. Perhaps it will be used to detect movement in this dark world. Makes sense seeing as the game is called echoes.

That’s another big letdown; they only used it for a few lame puzzles. Ironically, this game is huge in scope, but some of the powerups at the end seem just tacked on, as if they were obliged to put them there because it's a Metroid game.

I'm rating it somewhere around a lower 90's score. There are a few things that I just really disliked with the game. Mainly the unnecessary amount of Keys. (4 translation keys, 9 "temple" keys and 9 more keys to the final area? it was just a stupid pain when the only thing in your way was a door you couldn't get past).
I actually agree with this comment quite a bit.  While the level design was excellent, it felt a bit lazy and I couldn't put it into words until just now.  The old Metroid games didn't have any keys (or very few at least).  And while it's not a huge deal, they seem out of place in the Metroid world.

This is also a bummer. They were tacked on like the artifacts, which wasn’t fun in the first one at all. That last bit wasn’t challenging, since the Light Suit let you run around the dark world without taking damage and there were fewer enemies and they weren't hidden within any challenging puzzle at all. Nine… nine keys!

Worst of all were the boss battles. Lots of debate in this thread about them being hard. I know--of course, they’re supposed to be hard. I recently re-played through SM on SNES Classic and I got my rear handed to me in an Easter basket on almost every boss fight. I get it. But too often the boss fights in this series, this one especially, require perfection, they’re not intuitive, the scan visor hint doesn’t help, their attacks are impossible to avoid, Samus’ side dash is worthlessly slow, and the ones in the dark world aren’t any easier when your health is constantly draining! I’m sure I shouted WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? a few different times as the screen was fading to black. Yes, I died more than a few times, even while reading a guide and with most of the ETanks, and all of them were at boss battles.

Here is a link to a new IGN article, the content of which I feel could be fuel for my anti-Metroid Prime 2 "campaign":

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cube.ign.com/articles/579/579600p1.html?fromint=1">IGN speculates on Metroid Prime sales numbers and their implications[/url]

Could it really be that a lot of other people, too, found the sequel to Metroid Prime annoyingly difficult, and so decided to buy other games on offer, instead?

Of course, I think so! I even heard that people chose Halo 2 over Metroid Prime 2, because it was more "accessible", or something like that.   

I could see the mass market getting turned off by this game. Why play a game where you’re wandering aimlessly when you could be playing Halo 2 matches with your bros? Echoes was old and outdated in its time, but I loved it anyhow.

Here are a few old posts I dug up to show how mixed the reaction was at the time. Even a fan of Prime 1 isn't necessarily going to love it, but I would definitely recommend giving it a shot if you can track down the trilogy port for Wii and seeing how long your patience lasts. You'll feel a strange catharsis if you get all the way to the end and a strange satisfaction in joining an elite club of people who have beaten one of the hardest Nintendo games in decades.

...I on the contrary found this game too difficult. Either way, there´s no balance! I definitely not saying that games should be too easy, but they should neither be too hard!

So what I want developers to do, is to have playtesters of al kinds of both hradcore and softcore kind play through games they are making, in order for them to decide when they have hit the exact right balance between not to easy and not too difficult! They did that with Metroid Prime 1, why didn´t they do it with the sequel? There are people, who are dreading that dark world on the other side, and just wanting to escape from it the moment they get in there. Do you think, then, that it´s appropriate to also increase the difficulty of the bosses in such an environment? I don´t! I don´t even think the games is anywhere near as beautifull as the first one. The awesome ice worlds, and the just as awesome fire worlds have been totally omitted, and instead this scary dark one is there. I really feel that beautifull surroundings play an all-important role in any game! In particular, if the game is very very hard. That has a direct bearing on how you feel about it. And in my opinion, the choice of environments in this sequel, has made it a nightmare to play! So I canned it!!

Interesting take. Matt Cassmassiamasssina's review compared it to Resident Evil, which is fair, but the series has always been creepy! The creepy caves, enemies that suck your face. A bad mother who's just a giant brain. Best expect the worst.

The freedom to explore is fine, that´s what made me play the game in the first place. But I don´t like having to face a Boss that´s so difficult that you die again and again, and get no help nomatter how many walkthroughs you consult.

>:(

I am not a hardcoregamer as such, but could be taken for one if they didn´t look carefully. But I do know the hardcoregamers, and I do know the casual gamers.

Wait, how do you know if someone's a hardcore gamer just by looking at them? Do you have a...special visor for that?  :o

My point is simply that Retro should avoid making the next Metroid game as difficult as this sequel is.

Retro seemed to learn the right lessons for 3. I remember it being easier, even less isolated, and more linear. I liked it.

The first one was perfectly balanced in difficulty and learning curve. But I still recall having big issues with the buttons, when I had to perform various maneuvers in boss battles. I sometimes felt like my fingers were being twisted slowly, for simply having to cross my fingers to do the required actions. Still, I could juuust make it, and finish the game! But I NEVER expected that the much anticipated sequel would be harder.

Now THAT's a hard mode. Do you think he ever learned to hold the controller correctly?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:44:15 AM by E3 Hype Train Engineer »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.