Author Topic: New GameFreak Title Localization: Pocket Card Jockey  (Read 990 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
New GameFreak Title Localization: Pocket Card Jockey
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:54:34 AM »

It's cards plus horse racing. It makes sense in context!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42079/new-gamefreak-title-localization-pocket-card-jockey

One of GameFreak's previously Japanese only titles will make its way west this spring.

The title called "Solatiba" in Japan will release as Pocket Card Jockey, a 3DS eShop title. The game combines the disparate arts of solitaire and thoroughbred horse racing as you use the cards to create champion racers and studs.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: New GameFreak Title Localization: Pocket Card Jockey
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 06:38:02 PM »
I wonder what took them so long, it came out in Japan 3 years ago.

The EU Report:
Wasn't featured at all for whatever reason.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: New GameFreak Title Localization: Pocket Card Jockey
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 10:03:12 PM »
Anyone playing the demo?

It's pretty long and i never got to the point where they stopped me, because i wasn't able to win a race after the first horse. Maybe that's the catch...

Game itself is pretty fun -- it combines detailed stats and management of regular horse racing games but now you're not just watching the race but can affect horse performance by playing solitaire.

Also apparently i have no idea how to play solitaire (Window Solitaire lied to me) -- i had to check (rather extensive) manual to read up on rules of real solitaire.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks