Author Topic: FEATURES: E3 '09 Predictions  (Read 20047 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: FEATURES: E3 '09 Predictions
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 09:25:03 PM »
"To set expectations is to set yourself up for disappointment; it is better to expect nothing and be surprised at anything which does come up."

Setting up for the disappointment is all part of being a Nintendo fan. It happens every year, and even when the bombs zal droppen, there is always something else to bitch about. It the circle of Nintendo Life. Don't knock it, just enjoy it.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 09:26:43 PM »
I just hope that these are simply predictions and not expectations, because that is a good way to set yourself up for disappointment.

There are things I am hoping for but I am not expecting anything besides a showcasing of Wii Sports Resort. If that doesn't happen then that's the only way I'd be disappointed, since everything else is up in the air.

I for one am getting sick of these negative Motion Plus name alternatives.
Second'd.

Rest assured that in my case my predictions are just that; predictions. I do expect Motion Plus to be shown off simply because its released a few days after the show ends.n But as you read in my predictions the games that will be shown off are likely the ones that will hit around launch and at least one new title.

I've learned from previous E3 experiences to not get myself excited since Nintendo is the kind of company to go left when everyone expected them to go right.

Have you also noticed that I didn't predict Zelda? I honestly doubt that we will see it this year. Maybe the next, but not this year. We will see Spirit Tracks during the DSi section of the show and that's it.

I'm dubious of E3 as a whole. They went back to the old format because sponsors and attendees threatened to leave the show for good. If this E3 with all its spectacle and hype fails to captivate people then E3 as a whole is dead and very misguided, not knowing whether its a tradeshow for businessmen or a boobie, tittie, ass show for sweaty overworked developers with delusions of grandeur.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »
I expect Nintendogs Wii edition with Wii motion plus support.

WiiWare and Virtual Console get free demos.

DSi download: Super Mario Lost Levels 2 ( all the e-reader levels compiled together) This will be a HUGE gamble and HUGE Push by Nintendo to get people to buy DSi and download games.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 09:59:39 PM »

While this is expected, I think that the market for pet simulators for both Wii and DS have been so saturated with wannabes (thanks Ubi!) that Nintendo might opt to never make a Nintendogs sequel.

It will be interesting, however, to see how they handle the conversion from DS to Wii. The DS version was created to use the DS's capabilities to its full potential. Porting it to be Wii would mean to overhaul the system while still being Nintendogs.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
I have a prediction.

Nintendo will show Wii Motion Plus 2.0
Coming July 2010
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 11:47:59 PM »
WSR
WarioWare
Retro's game
Third Party games
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »

While this is expected, I think that the market for pet simulators for both Wii and DS have been so saturated with wannabes (thanks Ubi!) that Nintendo might opt to never make a Nintendogs sequel.

Or they can introduce the next great Wii peripheral, WiiPup!

With WiiPup, Wii users of all ages can experience all the fun of owning, raising and playing with a puppy without the complications of feeding, urinating, or vaccinations! Just insert your WiiMotion+ enabled Wii Remote into the WiiPup accessory and WiiPup comes alive!

With its built in sensors, WiiPup can feel how and where you're petting it, and with the WiiMotion+ enabled WiiRemote inserted, WiiPups orientation is tracked on screen where you can;

-Take your WiiPup for a virtual walk
-Compete in Best of Show competitions
-Purchase fashionable outfits and accessories*

All from the fun and safetey of home!

*Physical outfits and accessories also available for dressing up your WiiPup IRL
sold seperately.

WiiPup MSRP 34.99
WiiPup Fashion MSRP 20.99+
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Invincible Donkey Kong

• DK Crew. HUH!
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 12:17:23 PM »
Quote from: Zachary Miller
What do I really want to see at E3 ’09? No specific game or fix. I just want Reggie (and/or Iwata) to get up on stage and apologize to their fanbase. Guys (and girls) like me helped Nintendo become a household name, and the last few years have been a series of face-slaps. It’s about time Nintendo acknowledged that, and started working to sell games to people who actually care about games, and the brand they’re attached to.

A SPECIAL APOLOGY TO ZACHARY MILLER

Dear Zach,
Here at Nintendo we are very sorry to have undervalued the tireless efforts of our dedicated fans in their relentless pursuit of making Nintendo a household name. You are absolutely correct to suggest that the hundreds of people, working thousands of hours, costing millions of dollars, delivering quality products for Nintendo in the past few years were an insult to unpaid self qualified journalists such as yourself. It was your championing of our name over the school lunchtable, university lawn and now your literary masterpieces on a Nintendo focused website that brought us international recognition and success. At E3 this year we hope to erect a shrine in memory of fallen warriors who fought alongside you in the console wars and hope that you will continue to serve your regiment with the vigore that allowed you to review games we published at an average mark of 8.5 out of 10.

**** that loser, I'm taking your name and writing it down on the dog list
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:25:54 PM by ReggieFA »
Buy Zap's perler bead art!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewDonkCityVending

Operation: Get Zap a Switch GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/get-zap-a-switch

Summer of Donk ~ 2017 Twitch meetups! ~ DKC2
https://www.twitch.tv/zapr2k

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
I wasn't consulted for this article? I guess I'll just give my E3 script on the weekend.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 01:02:02 PM »
Quote from: Zachary Miller
What do I really want to see at E3 ’09? No specific game or fix. I just want Reggie (and/or Iwata) to get up on stage and apologize to their fanbase. Guys (and girls) like me helped Nintendo become a household name, and the last few years have been a series of face-slaps. It’s about time Nintendo acknowledged that, and started working to sell games to people who actually care about games, and the brand they’re attached to.

A SPECIAL APOLOGY TO ZACHARY MILLER

Dear Zach,
Here at Nintendo we are very sorry to have undervalued the tireless efforts of our dedicated fans in their relentless pursuit of making Nintendo a household name. You are absolutely correct to suggest that the hundreds of people, working thousands of hours, costing millions of dollars, delivering quality products for Nintendo in the past few years were an insult to unpaid self qualified journalists such as yourself. It was your championing of our name over the school lunchtable, university lawn and now your literary masterpieces on a Nintendo focused website that brought us international recognition and success. At E3 this year we hope to erect a shrine in memory of fallen warriors who fought alongside you in the console wars and hope that you will continue to serve your regiment with the vigore that allowed you to review games we published at an average mark of 8.5 out of 10.

**** that loser, I'm taking your name and writing it down on the dog list

My only problem with this post is that the real Reggie wouldn't hide things behind spoiler tags or censor his language.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »
To set expectations is to set yourself up for disappointment; it is better to expect nothing and be surprised at anything which does come up.

I've tried to this in the past but realistically I can't.  You can't just "turn off" expectations.  You have them or you don't.  I don't specifically have to see something specific but there's kind of a line that as long as Nintendo passes it I will find E3 exciting and if they don't I'll be disappointed.  I can't just decide to move that line so that no matter what I'm satisfied.  Even if I assume the worst I don't WANT the worst and will still be disappointed.

It's like how once or twice a year I buy a lottery ticket and I'm always disappointed I didn't win.  I never expect to win because the odds are so slim but I WANT to win so I'm always disappointed even though success was not at all expected.

So I can expect nothing at E3 but would still be disappointed with that.  I can't just change that.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »
Here are my first party Nintendo Predictions

What We Should See:
Wii Pikmin
A glimpse of Wii Zelda
Smiles
A non Mario Mario game
New software for Wii Fit
New Donkey Kong Country for DS

What We Won't See:

A Mario Galaxy Sequel
A New Super Mario Bros Sequel
A New Star Fox
A New Earth Bound

What I Hope For:

Wave Race WiiTubers
A new IP that doesn't involve exercise
Back To The Future Wii
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »
I wasn't consulted for this article? I guess I'll just give my E3 script on the weekend.

Can't wait.

Offline PopeReal

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »
Star Fox and F Zero will be announced.

The voices in my head told me so.
Now playing:  Animal Crossing: City Folk, Civilization Revolution DS, Quake Live, Onslaught, Star Wars Best of PC

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
Setting up for the disappointment is all part of being a Nintendo fan. It happens every year, and even when the bombs zal droppen, there is always something else to bitch about. It the circle of Nintendo Life. Don't knock it, just enjoy it.
I sometimes enjoy seeing the rants people come up with, especially when people with an opposite view step in and create a huge back-and-forth. But I'm not like that myself because I know better.

Rest assured that in my case my predictions are just that; predictions.
Most of the staffers did seem a bit cautious with their predictions, although yours was probably the most realistic. Though I would think that a new WarioWare designed for Wii Motion Plus would be a lot more likely than Mario Party 9 using the accessory since WarioWare isn't really multiplayer-focused like Mario Party is; Smooth Moves has pass-the-controller multiplayer which would be a good idea when Wii Motion Plus is new.

I've tried to this in the past but realistically I can't. You can't just "turn off" expectations. You have them or you don't.
I suppose that's true. If you're expecting something huge from E3 then you are basically buying a lottery ticket, with the cost being your disappointment. Coincidentally I never buy lottery tickets.

A non Mario Mario game
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 08:33:06 PM »
I toss Mario Party 9 in because Hudson could implement some MP features without forcing people into the new peripheral. Think of it as the microphone in Mario Party 6 and 7; it was bundled with the games and hyped as a great way to play Mario Party but wasn't required to play them.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »
I've tried to this in the past but realistically I can't. You can't just "turn off" expectations. You have them or you don't.
I suppose that's true. If you're expecting something huge from E3 then you are basically buying a lottery ticket, with the cost being your disappointment. Coincidentally I never buy lottery tickets.
You can't win if you don't play the game.

Just buy one ticket, and then you have tohe opportunity to see how good it feels to win when your ticket is picked.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »
I agree with BnM. If you don't play, you can't win.

Part of the fun of E3 (IMO) is dreaming up the ridiculously awesome things that will come out of it. Sure all of it won't happen. As a matter of fact, most of it won't happen, but it's damn fun to dream.

Unlike the 14 year old version of myself, I understand that when my dreams aren't fulfilled, life will still go on. Also, being a Mets fan I've grown accustomed to the "there's always next year" mantra.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 10:57:16 PM »
I'm really hyped for this year's E3, mainly because there is a lot we don't know about. Not to mention we finally get to see what M+ is all about.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 11:20:01 PM »
A non Mario Mario game
That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Its been done before.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »
I'm really hyped for this year's E3, mainly because there is a lot we don't know about. Not to mention we finally get to see what M+ is all about.
Everyone including MS & Sony seem to be blowing their loads early this year. My only guess is because they all think this is gonna be a HUGE E3 for Nintendo, who has been holding their cards close to their chest, and they don't want to be forgotten 2 seconds after they make an announcement.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 01:06:28 AM »
I toss Mario Party 9 in because Hudson could implement some MP features without forcing people into the new peripheral. Think of it as the microphone in Mario Party 6 and 7; it was bundled with the games and hyped as a great way to play Mario Party but wasn't required to play them.
Someone on here had an idea (insanolord?) to use the Wii Motion Plus similar to the GCN microphone by having it used for pass-the-controller games and the 1-vs-3 games. That would be a good way to do it if it is used in MP9, and then if WM+ is a success (likely) then MP10 could make more extensive use of it.

If it is bundled with MP9 then I'll actually be getting one of the accessories.

Just buy one ticket, and then you have the opportunity to see how good it feels to win when your ticket is picked.
I'd rather buy a salad. Odds are it will be delicious.

I agree with BnM. If you don't play, you can't win.
If you don't eat the cereal you won't get the prize right? Wrong. They now put the toy on top of the cereal bag in the box. Should I open the box upside down so that I have to work for the prize?

Its been done before.
That's the first I have seen of it. If I see it again that person is gonna get slapped.

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 02:07:14 AM »
ROBOTECH CRYSTAL DREAMS

sigh.

but what I expect? i expect to hear about a bunch of games i want now, will have to wait for, will have to save money to buy and won't have enough time to play.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 03:15:10 AM »
Riqa by Retro?

say 10x fast?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 12:56:03 PM »
I forgot to include it in my predictions, but I stand by my podcast prediction of Good-Feel making a Star Fox game. It might be too early for Good-Feel to be showing anything at E3, though.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi