Author Topic: Avalon Code (ARPG)  (Read 19203 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Avalon Code (ARPG)
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2009, 03:22:32 AM »
I'm still experimenting with it but I tried to give a sword both fire and ice elements. I didn't notice much of a difference and is called a 'mix' instead of differentiating between the fire and ice. So I don't know if elements like that can mix. But I currently have an Iron Fire Gladius and a Copper Ice Katana. I have not found any more weapons to play with but the neat thing is adding certain elements change the blade drastically. The Gladius actually came from the combination of a metal (copper or iron) with 'Justice' code placed in the original basic sword. So not only do stats and effects of items change but the very item changes to something better if you combine them right.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2009, 05:33:07 AM »
Well, fire and ice are opposites so they probably cancel out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2009, 05:42:24 PM »
True. So maybe non-opposites or non-conflicting elements will work? I know a lightning element is floating around, I'll try that with the fire and see what I get.
My Game Collection

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 06:30:52 AM »
The elements don't cancel each other, instead they become something different.  It becomes mixed or something else depending on the number of different elements put together.  There is fire, ice, lightning, shadow, light, and more.
I find that mixing isn't usually as good as putting a ton of a single element on there, unless of course you have a recipe.  If you don't have the lightning element yet you probably don't have enough of a single element to bring it up to a different name so mixed is probably better.  Try on your own still, you will probably find something i didn't.

I really love the element mechanic.  Mixing isn't the only thing that matters since adding enough stone and only stone can change it to obsidion, etc.  I did screw myself a few times though.  Once I loaded up the goblins outside the town with all my iron so I would remember where I put it while I was in the forest.  I forgot about it and they kicked my ass on my way back to town.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:04:38 AM by SixthAngel »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »
I can't figure out how to remove the invincibility from the Hob-goblins. I tried the same trick as when reviving the kitty, but it isn't working.
My Game Collection

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2009, 11:59:55 PM »
I can't figure out how to remove the invincibility from the Hob-goblins. I tried the same trick as when reviving the kitty, but it isn't working.

The stitched on (permanent) characteristic each have their own special way to be taken off.  Someone will tell you how to do it.  I think the hobgoblin needs illness pieces to surround the invincibility piece.

You need to dodge him for some time before you can finally take it off.