Author Topic: No Online for Monster Hunter 3G :(  (Read 4267 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
No Online for Monster Hunter 3G :(
« on: October 18, 2011, 06:30:15 AM »
Capcom Clarifies Monster Hunter 3G Internet Play Situation
No online play for 3DS title.
http://andriasang.com/comynb/
If you were still holding out for a surprise announcement regarding online play for Monster Hunter 3G, it's time to give up. Capcom has posted a response at its support page confirming that the game will not allow for cooperative online play.

As detailed at the support page, the game uses the internet for download event quests. If you want to play cooperatively with other hunters, you'll need to do so locally.

This ad-hoc only play scheme is similar to the PSP Monster Hunter games, but different from the online compatible console games.

There is always MH4 right guys!?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: No Online for Monster Hunter 3G :(
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:02:42 AM »
Capcom Clarifies Monster Hunter 3G Internet Play Situation
No online play for 3DS title.
http://andriasang.com/comynb/
If you were still holding out for a surprise announcement regarding online play for Monster Hunter 3G, it's time to give up. Capcom has posted a response at its support page confirming that the game will not allow for cooperative online play.

As detailed at the support page, the game uses the internet for download event quests. If you want to play cooperatively with other hunters, you'll need to do so locally.

This ad-hoc only play scheme is similar to the PSP Monster Hunter games, but different from the online compatible console games.

There is always MH4 right guys!?

Where I live, this means that there will be no multi-player action at all.

...   :@

Very disappointing. Monster Hunter is still long and deep enough to (probably) justify a purchase, even with just the single-player mode, but getting together with other hunters online was a huge draw and added literally hundreds of hours of playtime to Monster Hunter Tri on Wii.

Edit: Then again, this is for the Japan release right? It's possible - if unlikely - that online play could be added for other regions if Capcom felt it necessary. Maybe I shouldn't be disappointed until it's confirmed for North America.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:18:14 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:23:30 AM »
They'll just do online play like they did for the PSP. 
Which was let a third party program simulate the local area stuff.  Annoying but they even built it into the PS3 HD version of Portable 3rd.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 10:47:18 AM »
They'll just do online play like they did for the PSP. 
Which was let a third party program simulate the local area stuff.  Annoying but they even built it into the PS3 HD version of Portable 3rd.

Has such a work-around been created for the DS/3DS yet? That would be amazing. :3

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
Not yet that I know of because there hasn't been a driving need for it.
Currently Adhoc Party is the most popular one.

Another one that is computer based is XLink Kai.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
I'm with ejamer on this and will hold out hope that they will add online coop for the NA release.  I will reserve my right to be disappointed once that has been confirmed first.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
I'm fairly sure Capcom knows that gamers here in the US will not tolerate jumping through hoops like that and many Monster Hunter Fans here will just get something else.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 02:21:48 PM »
Well, that... takes away a large part of what made Monster Hunter Tri replayable, doesn't it? Strange move, especially since Capcom pushed the 3DS features so much with Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

Here's hoping for the best with Monster Hunter 4, perhaps?
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 02:43:59 PM »
IIRC, wasn't it assumed that MH3G wasn't even coming stateside and that us American's were only getting MH4?

My only issue was that if they didn't attempt to work out an online system on 3G (which the PSP version never had either) and use that game to iron out some kinks, will they do it on MH4?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »
IIRC, wasn't it assumed that MH3G wasn't even coming stateside and that us American's were only getting MH4?

That's even more disappointing than no online.  Well, probably.

I still don't know what to think about MH3G even if it is released in North America. Looks awesome, and playing Monster Hunter Tri on the go with bonus content would be great... but I'm not sure that I want to grind through the game again to get my character up to snuff. MH4 is a must buy for me though - regardless of what happens to the online option.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:12:37 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that 3G isn't leaving Japan.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:06 PM »
This is no surprise really, the remakes don't usually have online play, just the main series. I don't think this game will be released outside of Japan either, considering that other games like Monster Hunter G on Wii and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd weren't. There aren't nearly as many people interested in this series outside of Japan as there are in Japan, so anyone interested in Monster Hunter Tri already bought it on Wii. CapCom will opt to skip this and release Monster Hunter 4 worldwide.

Also, there is already a topic for this game:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=35587.0

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 01:52:14 AM »
Not every thread has to be a catch all mega thread.

No Online for a highly anticipated co-op game is pretty significant news (except to NWR though) worthy of it's own thread.

Besides, this one piece of news spawned almost as many post as the other "catch-all" thread in a day.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 02:19:49 AM »
It isn't a mega thread, it is the game's thread. I'm sure it would have garnered just as many responses had it been in the proper place, plus if the other thread doesn't have many posts then it probably isn't a highly anticipated game.