Author Topic: A question to people who have completed Twilight Princess... (DANGER! SPOILERS!)  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Klapaucius

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Anyone who has completed Twilight Princess, I have a question:

What happens to your save game?

I have never completed Wind Waker, simply because I have never wanted to... partly due to how much fun I have with it, and partly because I have read that when you complete it your save game goes back to the start. X_X
I spent a long time and a lot of effort collecting all the heart pieces and doing everything in the game... wiping all that seems more like a punishment than a reward.

So... what happens when you complete Twilight Princess? Is your save left intact, and you are free to wander Hyrule forever and do all the side-quests and collect those last heart pieces? Or is it cruelly wiped and you're forced to play it all again as Link in pyjamas??

Thanks.  ^_^

-Klapaucius

(P.S. PLEASE no info about the story, or about any rewards for completing, or anything like that. I havnt played TP yet, waiting patiently here in the UK for the GCN version... )

Its just like OoT or LttP.  At the end of the game, after the credits, the game cycles back to the title screen.  From there, if you go into the file selection, your will see that you save is still at the last spot you saved before having beaten the game.  

Offline Klapaucius

• View Profile
Excellent! Thank you! ^_^ Great news.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Eh? I saved before the final boss in Wind Waker, and I can still do it over again..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Klapaucius

• View Profile
All my friends who completed Wind Waker, their savegames reverted to the start of the game and they were 'treated' to Link in pyjamas and a colour camera (which you can get anyway).

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Thats not how it happens.  When you beat WW, it creates another file where you can play as link in his original outfit (and you get a color camera).  However, your original saved game remains the same.

Edit: I had an open file when I beat the game, so I am not sure what happens when there is no file open.  So can anybody elaborate?
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257