Author Topic: I am loving Zelda, but...  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Jerman

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I am loving Zelda, but...
« on: November 18, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »
So I just got done playing about 2 hours of Zelda. So impressed with the game, but a thing or two is bothering me quite a bit... First off, when I swing the sword, the sound that comes out of the controller is just too loud. Turning down the volume does not turn it up in the mains, unless it is completely off...

But here is the thing that is just killing me: the pointer for the fairy. Does the sound drive anyone else crazy? Seriously, every time I move the controller... Gosh Nintendo, what were you thinking!? Even for sword swinging. Besides this I love the game. I can definitely overlook the first complaint, but this one does bother me pretty bad. I wonder if Nintendo could patch this through WiiConnect, or if some day a "game genie" type device would allow you to turn it off. Not sure I can handle it for the whole game.

RE: I am loving Zelda, but...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 10:35:31 PM »
Dont point your remote at your monitor as you play.  Only bring it up when you need it, ie: to aim at somthing.  This is how I have done it, and I havent heard a single bell ring from the damn fairy all night, works great

Offline Jerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 10:45:20 PM »
Problem is still that when I swing the sword, it "bell rings". Which is kind of annoying every time I swing it. But otherwise I do keep the pointer out of the way. Tried disabling it, but of course that kind of defeats the purpose, and then you are stuck using the slingshot with the nunchuck.

Offline Jerman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 09:40:36 AM »
Well, after playing more today, I must admit it is not bothering me too much anymore. Guess I was just pretty tired from the wair. And perhaps I am holding the controller better, as I am lounging in my couch now, not on the edge of my seat. Still wish I could turn it off, but oh well. Loving it!  

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 11:06:40 AM »
Well you can turn down the volume of the speaker in the Wii remote. I'm not sure how (since I don't own a Wii), but search the interweb.

Also, you can TURN OFF THE FAIRY.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Jerman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 11:54:34 AM »
Yes, but turning off the fairy means you cannot use the pointer for anything, including the slingshot... And yeah, I do turn off the speaker sometimes. But I would just like it if they had used it more sparingly. Perhaps I can replace it with a better speaker some day...