Author Topic: You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW  (Read 17795 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW
« on: November 15, 2006, 04:06:05 AM »
http://store.nintendo.com/componentvideocable
Forget those bogged-down phone lines.  Buy them online (if you're American or Canadian)!  I found that from the same GoNintendo topic.  It's not available through the Nintendo Online Store's search function just yet.

I already bought them this morning.  Over $50 Canadian, after expedited shipping and taxes.  I want these ASAP, two business days might already be rushing it, but at least they're on their way.  I wouldn't wait if you want them for launch.

Offline BigJim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:32:09 AM »
Sweet.  Hope they don't wait to ship until after launch or something, like the did the GCN component cables.  
"wow."

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 04:47:47 AM »
Oh that is so welcome of you JonLeung, thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

...and I ordered them, expedited, and even if I only get them on Monday I'm fine with it becaise I can surely do with 1 day of only playing Wii Sports and playing around with the channels.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:08:58 AM »
You are a scholar and a gentleman, Mr. Leung.

I checked for this last night, but nothing was showing up – must be a new thing this morning! Yay!

EDIT: Yow, site is slow as, um, a groggy sloth. I hope I don't get to the end and they say "Oops, it's sold out!! SOR-RY"
EDIT 2: Nope, we're all good
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 06:03:00 AM »
Hrmm, how do you actually navigate to that screen from the site?  I want to find an S-Video cable!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:You can buy COMPONENT CABLES - ONLINE as of NOW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »
If you call the phone lines, they redirect you to the website!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:16:48 AM »
I want an S-Video cable too!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »
Just got it with the Red Shipping (One Day).  Hopefully it will be in Saturday or Friday.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 07:33:24 AM »
FYI

"OK, I just got off the phone with Nintendo (and again, it's amazing how nice and helpful everyone I have ever talked to at Nintendo has been). This guy said that they JUST got an update, and that even if your order says "Backordered" right now, the cable could still ship today or tomorrow. They were originally telling people if it said "Backordered" that it would definitely not ship until the 25th, but now that is not the case."
"wow."

Offline MilkManX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 07:37:56 AM »
I ordered a set. 1 day shipping. I wanted to get 3(for my friends we were gonna go in on shipping) but it wont let you. So now all of us have to pay the $13.00 extortion shipping to hope we get them before Sunday. OH well.  
Wii Friend Code 3896 5966 4421 6752

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 07:49:44 AM »
Damn.  $30 cables, one day shipping, sales tax...

Almost $50 for a pair of cables.  They better get here in time for launch.

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 07:53:17 AM »
Can anybody that got the back order message tell me when they got it? Because I ordered mine a couple of hours ago (just about the time these backorders started coming in) but I don't think I got that message, or I didn't see it, which why I'm asking this.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 08:14:41 AM »
I orderd my component cable....  Now where do I get my S-Video cable?  Think those will be in stores?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 08:17:14 AM »
On a separate subject, IGN pads itself on the back for Nintendo selling component cables online when it was GoNintendo that broke the "order by phone" story.

Link

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 08:45:14 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
I want to find an S-Video cable!
Ditto; let me know if you find any.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 09:45:21 AM »
Nice got mine ordered. Guess I won't be getting them till Monday, no big deal. Sunday will be an Excite Truck, Wii Sports day anyhow. Glad that I'll be getting these basically on launch day, though, $38 is a swift kick in the nuts for some cables.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »
I just checked my local GS and no word on S-video cables yet, sadly.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 10:03:48 AM »
So anybody know for sure if there will be component cables in stores on Sunday? Mine is in backorder and if they're in stores I will buy them Sunday and cancel my order.

Edit: Never mind, just about 20 min from the last time I checked it changed to "preparing order". Reggie must have opened a can of whoop ass on whoever was responsible for the cable shortage.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 10:17:21 AM »
Woohoo just ordered mine as well, I hope it gets here Friday since I live in Washington (I did the 2 day).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline zxkork

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 10:42:19 AM »
Due to high demand, our initial allotment of the Wii Component Video Cables has been depleted. We expect to begin shipping again the week of November 28, 2006.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
Wii will rock you

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 10:51:44 AM »
I just ordered mine and didn't get the above message.  And I better not ....
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline ProfessorCFK

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 11:00:47 AM »
 I ordered mine at 3:30pm EDT today, and while checking my order status, it said they were backordered.  So I shot them this email:

"Hello, I just recently put in an order for the Nintendo Wii Component video cables at around 3:30 EDT.  When I ordered, there was no notice of the cables being back ordered, and thus I paid for the one day shipping($13.00), expecting to get them before or on Sunday, November 19th.  However, now when I check my order status, it says that the cables are on back order.  Does this mean that I will not be getting my cables by launch day?  If so, I would like to cancel my order(or atleast change shipping methods).

Thanks for your time
Sean

p.s.
My order number is ......... with area code ....."

Hopefully they get back to me.

EDIT:
I called the 800 number and talked to a representitive.  He said that _all_ orders are on backorder, and that the surest way to see if you are getting them on time, would be to check your order tomarrow.  If it still says back ordered, then its backordered, however some will say shipped.  Heres hopping everyone here get's theres by sunday!

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 12:18:26 PM »
I ordered this morning at 10:30 ET and my account doesn't even show the order in the "Order Status" yet.

"You currently have no orders on file."

Ugh.  
"wow."

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 12:36:37 PM »
Whatever.  I put in my order, it'll come when it comes.  There's really no other option.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ProfessorCFK

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 12:41:27 PM »
Well, they are ariving mid-december in stores.  So if I'm going to get it mid-december while paying 5 dollars shipping and handling, i might as well just cancel my order and buy it from a brick and mortar store.